• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

I can't get the PSX version to work on my PSP

Started by Strawberry, September 04, 2010, 03:01:18 pm

Strawberry

I also can't get ePSX to work for various reasons so I figured trying it with the PSP would be easier.  I have a .ccd + .img file for FFT which I changed into an ISO file and then patched the game.  When I put the ISO file into the ISO folder of the PSP it doesn't work.  I tried converting the ISO file into an eboot and put it in the game folder, but that isn't working either.  The ISO files don't show up and the EBOOT won't load.  Maybe I don't have the right keys.bin.

Vanya

This isn't the forum for asking for help.
However, your problem seems to be that you're missing an important step.
You have to convert the iso into a PSP ciso. Look that up and you should be good to go.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

SentinalBlade

Quote from: "Vanya"You have to convert the iso into a PSP ciso. Look that up and you should be good to go.

you actually need to convert your iso into a PSP EBOOT. Google "Popstation gui". itl do everything for you~

Vanya

My mistake. I haven't dealt with the minutia of PSP hacking in a while.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

MagiusRerecros

Yeah, you have to convert the iso to EBOOT.pbp, which can be done through many programs. As posted earlier, there's Popstation GUI, there's also psx2psp, and I personally use IceTea 1.3
Move Zig. For great Justice.

Also, Algus sucks up to level 5 donkey balls.

RandMuadDib

Here's a simple question: Have you put custom firmware on your psp? If you havent done that, you wouldnt be able to play it, no matter what you tried.
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

Wasabi

February 21, 2011, 04:51:50 am #6 Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 03:42:07 pm by Wasabi
Well, here's an answer that might be able to help you out Strawberry. I have a CFW 5.00m33-6, and I made an eboot out of patched FFT iso with the latest 1.3 patch (version 13038), and it's running nice and smoothly. I have the latest popsloader as well, and I have the game loaded as "Original from flash" without seeing a problem in gameplay. Hope this helps.

edit: Also, forgot to mention this vital info: under psx2psp, I made the compression rate at the lowest possible, so that the resulted eboot will be the same size as the patched iso of FFT1.3. Good luck.