• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Official Sprite Contest: Alma Gets a Job

Started by Cheetah, July 04, 2011, 02:13:49 pm

Dark Lepurcan

Dragon Warrior Alma
Dragon+Alma+Zalbag+custom
Best one yet.....

CONMAN

July 20, 2011, 04:45:55 pm #101 Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 04:47:55 pm by CONMAN
I like that dragon riding warrior! I could see something like that as an actual enemy monster.  This reminds me that I wanted to style Alma as a sheperd with some uribos and title it "the pig whisperer (grunterer), but it would have been in very poor taste.

I think you could have used a "horse stance" frame to make that look more natural.
  • Modding version: PSX

Kagebunji

Ok, first things first. Few basic steps. Don't fuckin do custom work. You have little to none skills in FFT spriting, so doing custom work will result in a fail, as seen on the picture above. Look at the tail, flat, and in weird shape, same for back legs. This looks way too flat. I also wonder why you post sprites in such weird windows. Post it in a normal square with normal size and 3x or 2x size. As to the earlier concepts, you pasted the face in, not the entire head, and that is why it looked weird. Next time around paste on whole Alma's head, and then paste the hat or w/e you want. Also remember to use FFT palettes, but this doesn't seem to be a problem atm.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Dark Lepurcan

this is my dragon warriors approvment sorry i don't know how to change it to 2 times 3 so your going to have to live with the rectangle....................

Kagebunji

To resize you open up a sprite in paint, copy and paste the frame you want to resize, select the copied frame, and resize it by two or three times. Now that it is bigger, you can see that her skin is looking weird, armguard is flat, and beginning of the tail is some green square.

Mando

July 20, 2011, 07:49:49 pm #105 Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 07:57:50 pm by Mando
1.OH MY LORD PLEASE SCALE >< just take it into paint and go to scale by % and type 200 >_> it seriously isn't that hard if your using gale go to the all frames tab and hit resample and do it there... either or...

2.I hate to sound like a d.bag but this is killing me >.>;

3.Also the lest leg why is it blob like :/? just copy the shading you did on the right leg or something...

also just modify your message if your making an edit... instead of taking the whole page makes it easier on people still submitting and the judges.

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

Dark Lepurcan

Dark Lepurcan

Mando

I made small updates to my 2 submissions. Some pixels were really bothering me :/

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

EmmaNigma

July 20, 2011, 09:34:11 pm #110 Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 09:35:40 pm by SilentB
I have made... A SUBMISSION!

Source: Original Alma Sprite (SQUARE)
Job: GASEOUS FORM

This is Alma with the gaseous form job class. It is the best job class. You only do gaseous form. Remember the Black Marble Gallery and when you got poison gas and could kill the Guardians there with impunity? See?

And that's why I only see in black and white now.

Inspired by a discussion on IRC, ORIGINAL CHARACTER DO NOT STEAL :ban:
I hope the junkyard a few blocks from here someday burns down, and I hope the rising black smoke carries me far away and I never come back to this town again.

FFMaster

☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

GeneralStrife

FFM maybe you can help me...I'm at a loss of nice words.

Eternal

Lepurcon, please do not double post. Use the Modify feature.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Cheetah

Less than 4 hours before entrees will not be accepted.
Current Projects:

Teddirayo

Cuddly Alma

Alma and Uribo by Square
Kupo Mothafucka!!! do you speak it?

RandMuadDib

I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

Wiz

July 21, 2011, 03:07:32 am #117 Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 03:36:56 am by Wiz
Hmm, since the deadline was based off of 11:59 PM PST, submissions are closed as of roughly eight minutes ago. Whether the voting will take place here or another thread, idk.

Don't listen to my former self, I didn't know what I was talking about and was only trying to be helpful/informative XP

Cheetah

Sorry Wiz, I'm not going by PST. There is still just over 30 minutes left.
Current Projects:

Wiz

Oh, alright. Sorry about that Cheetah, you never specified exactly what time zone at midnight and I assumed you were going off yours. I'll edit my post now XD