• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 21, 2024, 07:50:47 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

[Old] FFT: Plus Bug topic (1.01C Beta bugs to be fixed in 1.01C)

Started by Dome, July 29, 2011, 07:25:35 pm

Stretch

Quote from: Dome on August 16, 2011, 12:51:33 pm
I want FFT: Plus to look as clean as possible...it shouldn't even look like a custom hack

If that's the case then you should get to work on modifying Balmafula's non standard sprites; she was glitching out due to the palette swap when you turned her into an onion knight (although it would probably be hard to get it to look right and she's such a minor character anyway) :D
Yeah, right

Dome

August 16, 2011, 04:34:12 pm #61 Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 04:37:52 pm by Dome
Quote from: Stretch on August 16, 2011, 03:45:13 pm
If that's the case then you should get to work on modifying Balmafula's non standard sprites; she was glitching out due to the palette swap when you turned her into an onion knight (although it would probably be hard to get it to look right and she's such a minor character anyway) :D

I already know this, and I triple checked...everything i could.... the FFPatcher is flagged the way it should...I think it's hard coded in some way, and it will probably need event editing (and I couldn't even edit a single name during an event...mind you)

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Joseph Strife

Quote from: Dome on August 16, 2011, 04:34:12 pm
I already know this, and I triple checked...everything i could.... the FFPatcher is flagged the way it should...I think it's hard coded in some way, and it will probably need event editing (and I couldn't even edit a single name during an event...mind you)

Maybe kokojo can help you out, isn't that what he most do in CoP?
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Stretch

One of the knights in the Barius Valley story battle is wearing Gold Armor on his head...
Yeah, right

Eternal

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Stretch

Does anyone else get random crashes while playing this? What emulator do you use? I just beat the Execution Site battle, then the game crashed before I could make a quicksave, and I have to do the battle again... I'm using pSX 1.13, it's the only emulator I've been able to get working and it's stable for other versions of FFT, except for Celdia's patch, which has the same, albeit more frequent, crashing problems.
Yeah, right

Eternal

ePSXe tends to be more stable for patches like these.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Joseph Strife

Quote from: Eternal248 on August 16, 2011, 08:18:23 pm
ePSXe tends to be more stable for patches like these.

Yeah, epSXe is better for our patches.
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"

Stretch

All right, I finally set up ePSXe... whenever I tried before, it kept yelling at me to download dlls and plugins and whatnot. Hopefully it's all good now!
Yeah, right

Eternal

If you get errors and aren't sure what to do, ask in Help!

Dome

I use ePSXe as well (You can set the speed of the game to 120 Fps ;-)
And no, it never crashed (At least for me)

Stretch

August 17, 2011, 04:55:10 pm #71 Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 05:05:38 pm by Stretch
I had my thief on height 6, and the target was on height 4... all of the steals were at 0%, even though the target can normally be stolen from; Malak at Riovanes. I could still select him as a target for stealing, but I would just be stealing above his head. I know I've stolen from a height difference of 1.5, so if you can't find any way to get it working at height 2, maybe just change the text description in steal to a height of 1.5?

EDIT: Actually, after attempting to steal again, I think it's because my unit was afflicted with Blindness... I never thought of that, since in all the time I've ever played FFT, this is the first time Blindness actually effected something I wanted to do.
Yeah, right

Dome

Joseph Strife

Dome

Stretch

August 17, 2011, 07:48:26 pm #75 Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 07:50:24 pm by Stretch
Solidify doesn't allow walking on lava; I just tested it out, with Agrias as a holy knight with solidify at the volcano.

Also, Rad as a knight with talk skill, and he can talk to monsters without the monster talk skill.
Yeah, right

Dome

Quote from: Stretch on August 17, 2011, 07:48:26 pm
Solidify doesn't allow walking on lava; I just tested it out, with Agrias as a holy knight with solidify at the volcano.

Also, Rad as a knight with talk skill, and he can talk to monsters without the monster talk skill.

Have you tested if it does the other things it's supposed to do?

Stretch

August 17, 2011, 08:09:01 pm #77 Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 08:12:09 pm by Stretch
Yes, it walks on water, and I'll check the resistances now.

EDIT: No elemental resistances. It's just walk on water.
Yeah, right

Dome

O_o
Strange...try using the other movement abilities (Any ground, move under water, etc...), maybe they got the buff instead of the right one

Stretch

August 17, 2011, 08:19:52 pm #79 Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 08:34:10 pm by Stretch
Ground Aware offers poison immunity, but the effect seems to be Walking on Water instead of any ground.

The Samurai walk in water skill has the elemental immunities and ability to walk on lava, but has no effect on moving in or on water.
Yeah, right