• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Unknown Event Instructions

Started by Zozma, January 21, 2009, 02:47:24 am

Zozma

January 21, 2009, 02:47:24 am Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
I'm not quite sure where to post this but since ive played around with event compiler im just going to mention what some unlabled event instructions do.
(correct me if im wrong)

{7A}(rXX00) XX = unit job id
Removes unit with matching ID from party weather its a normal unit or a guest. [used whenever guests leave the group]
-----

{92}(rXX00000C00)
I cant quite reacall, this might make said unit get up into the critical position if they were dead. (i might have this one wrong)
-----

{94}(rXX00) unit XX teleports away ??
-----

{53}(rXX000101000004) all living units face unit XX ??
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Cheetah

January 21, 2009, 03:21:01 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
{53} is actually Face Unit

Example:
{53}(r17003400000100)

First byte (17) = Unit ID of the unit that is "looked at"
Second byte (00) = always 00 as far as i can tell
Third byte (34) = Unit ID of the character that does the turning/looking
Fourth byte (00) = In this example it does nothing, but if it is set to 01 it will cause all units to take this action (I believe)
5th & 6th (0000) = always 0000 I believe
Seventh Byte (01) = I believe this is the speed at which a unit turns, 01 being fast and 09 be very slow (I'm unsure of all the valid values for this.
8th Byte (00) = usually 00, sometimes 14, others 8, unkown
Current Projects:

Cheetah

January 21, 2009, 03:27:22 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
{2D} Rotate Unit

Example
{2D}(r010014000100)

First Byte (01) = Unit ID, if 00 rotation is applied to all units (I believe)
Second Byte (00) = always 00
Third Byte (14) = Degree of rotation, values unknown, dependent on initial facing position (I believe)
Fourth Byte (00) = Always 00 I believe
Fifth Byte (01) = Speed of rotation, low fast, high slow
Sixth Byte (00) = Always 00 I believe
Current Projects:

Cheetah

January 21, 2009, 03:28:56 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Other Notes:

{16}()
Pauses the action and nothing continues till the "action" button is pressed by the player

{94}TeleportAway?(r3C00)

Unit ID

{98}TeleportIn(r2D00)
Materialize(x2D,x00)

{5F}MoveUnit (x01,x00,+003,+006,x01,x00)

UnitID

Unknown
   usually x00
XCordinate

YCordinate

ChangePanel
   x00 = lower level
   x01 = higher panel
Unknown
   Either x00, x01, x02, or x03

{51}CloseDialog(r010F000000)

DialogID:
   01 for the first opened dialog, 02 for the second ect
Text Command
   If "FFFF" the open dialog box simply closes
   Otherwise it is the number of the dialog you want displayed followed by 00
Remainder
   Unknown: Almost always "0000"

Instruction is always followed by:
WaitForInstruction(r0100)

{92}(r0300000C00)

Appears to be similar to UnitAnim.

Disappear
{99}(r8300)

Unit fades out.

Hide
{46}(r0800)

Makes unit cleared from field, but not removed

Load
{45}(r840001)

Loads character onto the screen, may require 01Start() and 01End()
Current Projects:

Zozma

January 21, 2009, 04:17:14 am #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
nice info cheetah! thanks for adding to this
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Xifanie

January 22, 2009, 05:13:12 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
If you want to format it for the site I could easily add those.

Just add the instruction name somewhere.

if ($ins=='10') {
$description="This instruction is used to display any text stored after the event's instruction in various ways like a character thinking, speaking, or simply printing text on the screen.";
$para[]='Unknown 1';
$type[]='Byte (hex)';
$info[]="This always seems to be x10. Probably just a programmation error. Any value shouldn't matter.";
$para[]='Dialog Type';
$type[]='Byte (hex)';
$info[]="x01 : Top of screen (over unit with Dialog Box)<br>x02 : Bottom of screen (under unit with Dialog Box)<br>x04 : Thinking (Dialog Box)<br>x08 : Remove Arrow (for Dialog Box)<br>x10 : Dialog Box<br>x20 : Named box (\"Check\" if x10 = FALSE; \"Help\" if TRUE)<br>x40 : Independant Message Box (becomes a page if x10 = TRUE, if x20 = TRUE too, it becomes a regular Dialog Box forced under unit)<br>x80 : Close with instruction<br><br>By dafault the game will print overlaying text on the screen unless x10-x20-x40 are set.<br>Always set x01 or x02 when using Dialog Box alone, else the game might ignore other parameters.<br>Combining x01 & x02 displays the message at the center of the screen, except for Dialog Box (the box is over the unit's head and the arrow is flipped horizontally).";
$para[]='Message ID';
$type[]='Word (hex)';
$info[]="ID of the Message that will be displayed. Message x01 starts at the text offset of the event. Therefore there is no Message x00. This parameter being a word, you could even go take lines that are stored in the RAM, which is pretty pointless IMHO.";
$para[]='Unit ID';
$type[]='Byte (hex)';
$info[]="ID of the unit specified in the ENTD. This is only required for Dialog Box.<br>If a unit with the same Unit ID is found, the dialog box will be centered over or under it and the unit's portrait will be displayed.<br>Else, it will display a blank portrait (which still takes up the place of a normal portrait) and display on the left side of the screen.";
$para[]='Unknown 2';
$type[]='Byte (hex)';
$info[]="Seems to always be x00.";
$para[]='Portrait';
$type[]='Byte (hex)';
$info[]="x01 : ??? (Combined with x08, it removed the portrait completely from the Dialog Box)<br>x04 : Blank Portrait?<br>x08 : Blank Portrait?";
$para[]='X Coordinate';
$type[]='Word (signed)';
$info[]="Move the Displayed Message on the screen's X axis based on default location.<br>Determines the portrait's facing.";
$para[]='Y Coordinate';
$type[]='Word (signed)';
$info[]="Move the Displayed Message on the screen's Y axis based on default location.";
$para[]='Arrow Position';
$type[]='Word (signed)';
$info[]="Move the Arrow on the Dialog Box's X axis based on its default location.<br>Determines the portrait's facing.<br>If you don't move the Dialog Box in X, you can simply set this byte to -1 and the portrait will switch side.";
$para[]='Dialog Box Opening Type';
$type[]='Byte (hex)';
$info[]="x01 : +50% speed<br>x02 : -50% speed, remove bouncing<br>x10 : Toggle Arrow (points left if FALSE; point right if TRUE)<br><br>*bounce: the message box grows in size gradually and goes a bit over it's real size (about 110%) in the process then shrinks back to 100%.";
}
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Cheetah

January 22, 2009, 11:32:32 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
I will try.
Current Projects:

Xifanie

January 24, 2009, 04:31:41 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
I'm currently working on formatting, yet as I have to fully complete notes (I don't want any missing information), I have to make a lot of testing. I also have a few notes myself and hope I will find them. ;o
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Cheetah

January 24, 2009, 06:39:46 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Can this topic get moved to the hacking section?
Current Projects:

Cheetah

September 07, 2011, 06:39:47 pm #9 Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 06:40:39 pm by Cheetah
Work begins anew.

{45}Present(xID,x00,xDR)

ID= Unit ID

DR = Draw
0x00 = Draw immediately

This instruction has caused me much heart ache over the years. It is very confusing because it actually depends on character settings in the ENDT for the specific character. Generally for a character to appear in a battle or event they need to be set to "Always Present" unless you wanted to do something clever with "Randomly Present". However this instruction overrides that setting and makes it so characters with neither of those settings checked to appear in an event. As far as I can tell this is most often used when a character appears later in an event. Note that many event instructions can be applied to a unit even if they aren't currently "present". The instruction is often used with DR = 01 so that a character can have a controlled entrance into an event. If anyone has a better recommendation for the instruction title please speak up.

0x01 = Do not draw and wait for later draw instruction

Example:
{45}(r020001)
Ramza who was not set as either "Appears Present" or "Randomly Present" is loaded, but is not immediately drawn.
Current Projects:

RavenOfRazgriz

September 07, 2011, 07:26:54 pm #10 Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 07:32:41 pm by RavenOfRazgriz
Can someone investigate {4A}AddUnitStart, {4B}AddUnitEnd for the sake of figuring out what they do and {65}WaitFaceUnit, {7A}DismissUnit for figuring out what their arguments are?

In the former case, there's nothing listed on what they do on the front page, and in the latter two, their arguments listed on the front page don't match the length set in CONFIG.INI.  I think in the case of the latter, the front page is just wrong and it accepts a Half-Word (Hex) and not a Byte (Hex), but the former is only length 1 in CONFIG.INI, yet the front page would require a length of 3 to work.  

Also, on the front page, ChangeStats is mislabeled as requiring a Word (signed) when it requires a Half-Word (signed), which is kind of a huge difference.

Also, as for that instruction's name, I'd say we should go with {45}UnitPresent() just to make it a bit clearer as to what it is.

EDIT:  {8A}EffectStart and {8B}EffectEnd too.  Mostly because their front page has no listing.  I can pretty much guess what they're for between the obvious names and the few times I've seen them used but something conclusive would be far better.

Cheetah

September 08, 2011, 12:27:06 pm #11 Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 12:38:33 pm by Cheetah
@Raven: Many of the commands you are asking about are listed in this thread I believe.

{6F}(xID,x00)

ID = Unit ID

This command is always used in relation to SpriteMove, though SpriteMove is not always associated with this command. I do not yet know exactly what it does.

{64}(xID,x00)

ID = Unit ID

This command is always used in relation to FaceUnit or RotateUnit, though FaceUnit and RotateUnit are not always associated with these command. I do not yet know exactly what it does. Most likely it functions as somekind of wait command to not do the next instruction till the identified unit finishes turning.
Current Projects:

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: Cheetah on September 08, 2011, 12:27:06 pm
@Raven: Many of the commands you are asking about are listed in this thread I believe.

Then you're gonna be a lot more redfaced than I am in a moment.

Quote from: Cheetah on September 08, 2011, 12:27:06 pm{6F}(xID,x00)

ID = Unit ID

This command is always used in relation to SpriteMove, though SpriteMove is not always associated with this command. I do not yet know exactly what it does.

That's 6F WaitSpriteMove(xID,x00), waits for the SpriteMove() command to resolve before proceeding past it in the event.  You can find that both on the main page and in my Event Editor fully documented.  On the main page, 65 WaitFaceUnit is shown as taking arguments but doesn't when I open CONFIG.INI up, so either someone fucked up putting it on the main page or documented it into the wrong ID, hence why I asked about it. 

Cheetah

September 08, 2011, 12:44:42 pm #13 Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 01:12:51 pm by Cheetah
Ack we haven't updated CONFIG.INI with all those new commands yet! So yes I feel like an idiot for bothering with this. I confirmed what we already knew though :). The main page seem to match what I found.

Update to {45}UnitPresent

Instruction must be surrounded by {49} & {4A} if in a block, or followed directly by {48} in order to work. For example:

{49}()
{45}(r800001)
{45}(r140001)
{4A}()

or

{45}(r800001)
{48}()
Current Projects:

Cheetah

Currently the Event Instructions page has {4A} as AddUnitStart and {4B} as AddUnitEnd. I believe that these are incorrect, plus there is no info on those pages about these instructions anyways. Though {4B} has a similar role, it isn't exactly this. I would recommend removing the labels for now until we can get more information on all these commands. {4E} and {4D} also appear to have a similar function.
Current Projects: