• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:14:56 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFT/FFTA/FFXII Class-Patch. (Give me something else to name this thread later, Damned.)

Started by Dome, November 18, 2012, 11:55:35 am

Dome

I'd be interested in such a project The Damned, but I think races should be present, somehow
Maybe give each race less classes (Example: Nu mous can become Wizards, Priests, and Alchemists, Humes can be Soldiers, Paladins, Ninjas, and so on)

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

The Damned

(Oh, good. Asking before I went on a walk was actually productive.)

I might be interested in doing that...if sprites were around and there was a way to segregrate classes on the job wheel other than sex. As far as I know, there isn't. Additionally, even if there were a way, I'd have to figure out how add at least three more "genders"--Nu Mou, Moogles, Bangaa, Viera--to get it work, which of course isn't taking actual "sex" into account.

After all, the only female units in FFT:A were the Viera, Ritz and Queen Remedi. Everyone else was male, which means one could maybe get away with getting rid of the "female" toggle--and risk being called out by (straw) feminists--since that would mean you wouldn't have to add three additional toggles for female Nu Mou, Moogles and Bangaa. (The Viera are always female, so there's no need to males.)

Even ignoring the sprite problem, including the problem that trying to use human sprites as substitutes for five different species would be confusing as hell, this brings up an obvious stat-based miasma. Said miasma literally at least quadruples the already arduous task of stat balancing, which is another thing that makes this anathema to practicality.

Finally, given that I don't want to edit the story too much, especially with everything I have to do for Embargo, I can't ignore that a "modern"/Ramza-era Ivalice that had even one additional non-Hume/Human race would be remotely the same as the one that features Vanilla's stories. Moogles are supposed to be "extinct" and the other three species were vaguely retconned in, so...yeah.

TL;DR: Yeah...no, that's not going to happen for several reasons, the primary one of which is practicality of actually getting this finished. It would be nice and potentially interesting to be able to include all the races, but a lot of things that easier that still don't exist, so I'm not going to pine for the nonexistent. If wishes were chocobos and all that.

P.S. I keep meaning to comment on something with regards to Plus. Feel free to remind me if I haven't done so by Tuesday night.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

The Damned

(Uh, not really, especially since I've posted in the Patch Proposal Ideas thread.)

The very first thing the guidelines for this said is that this is for posting a patch here that one is interesting in working on rather than one that's just might be "interesting". I've already begun on preliminary work on this. The only thing that "is anyone interested" aspect was for to get some activity in this thread rather than talking to myself like the Patch Proposal Ideas thread.

If I can even ask for that despite working on this, then, yeah, I'm rather "confused" about the guidelines and why this thread isn't just combined with the Patch Proposal one.

Thanks for clarifying the error though.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

RavenOfRazgriz

"Here" in the Guidelines refers to "This Section", not "This Thread"... why would you post ideas in the guidelines?  I didn't think that needed to be clarified but I guess.  The only reason the Guidelines thread isn't locked is so people can ask for rules clarification.

I'll split this off.