• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 28, 2024, 10:31:50 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Michael Phelp's Facebook Wall

Started by Archael, February 14, 2009, 01:16:22 pm

Archael

February 15, 2009, 02:59:36 pm #40 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "CidIII"I know people who have smoked cigarettes since they were 12 and they are 80 now and have no problems, no cancer, nothing.

So do I

and I know people that have only been NEAR 2nd hand smoke for only some months and are now dead due to cancer in the vocal cords

whats ur point?

are you going to tell me you don't believe that cigarette smoke INCREASES the odds of developing health conditions?

lmao

QuoteAlso, people who drink almost daily and have developed no problems.

so do I

and I also know people who drink daily and are useless human beings

again, ur point?

are you going to tell me alcohol isn't a problem in our society?

again, lmao

you got a strange way of coming to conclusions , sir

albeit flawed

DarthPaul

February 15, 2009, 03:01:07 pm #41 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
I wasn't even going to point out the flaws in his argument and let him stew in them.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Archael

February 15, 2009, 03:02:27 pm #42 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
you can't act like cigarettes and alcohol are OK just because not every cigarette smoker and alcohol consumer doesn't develop problems

that's fucking ridiculous

not every crack user dies of crack

that doesn't mean crack is OK for your health

silly

CidIII

February 15, 2009, 03:03:11 pm #43 Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 03:33:48 pm by CidIII
You said NO ONE handles alcohol or tobacco well, which is an incorrect statement. again, lmao

That's my point.

Obviously, it does increase that chance of developing problems.
I refuse to play Final Fantasy Tactics again until I am able to do my FF6 patch! And, FFT 1.3 doesn't technically count as FFT: so there!

DarthPaul

February 15, 2009, 03:04:16 pm #44 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Actually smoking weed doesn't lead to lung cancer too often. Though the THC causes testicular cancer.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

CidIII

I refuse to play Final Fantasy Tactics again until I am able to do my FF6 patch! And, FFT 1.3 doesn't technically count as FFT: so there!

DarthPaul

February 15, 2009, 03:05:33 pm #46 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Quote from: "CidIII"You said no one handles alcohol or tobacco well, which is an incorrect statement. again, lmao

That's my point.

Obviously, it does increase that chance of developing problems.

Do the smokers you know have the strongest most healthy lungs they could have.

Do the alcoholics not get drunk and do extremely stupid things.

Just because they haven't lost a lung of liver doesn't mean it didn't negatively effect them.

DarthPaul

February 15, 2009, 03:06:35 pm #47 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Quote from: "CidIII"http://www.reuters.com/article/healthNews/idUSHKG10478820080129

"Studies in the past have demonstrated that cannabis can cause cancer, but few have established a strong link between cannabis use and the actual incidence of lung cancer."

CidIII

February 15, 2009, 03:07:32 pm #48 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by CidIII
Nice job not reading the entire article and only the first paragraph.

DarthPaul

February 15, 2009, 03:09:03 pm #49 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Thank you. I saw that and decided why not "try" to ruin the credibility of the article.

This is an argument I have to at least "try" or I lose.

CidIII

February 15, 2009, 03:10:52 pm #50 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by CidIII
Well in doing that and admitting it you ruin the credibility of yourself as a participant in this "argument".

DarthPaul

February 15, 2009, 03:12:00 pm #51 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
How so? I just proved I was too impatient to read the article after all.

That is the second paragraph.

The first told me all I needed to know.

CidIII

February 15, 2009, 03:15:10 pm #52 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by CidIII
You don't see how that ruins your credibility?

DarthPaul

February 15, 2009, 03:19:59 pm #53 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
No I don't, it showed I was willing to bend a few rules but I have yet to say something that states my point of view has no merits.

CidIII

February 15, 2009, 03:24:36 pm #54 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by CidIII
............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.\`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

Archael

February 15, 2009, 03:34:37 pm #55 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
..........~..............,/...............................................":,
......~...~..........,?......................................................\,
.......~ ..~......./...........................................................,}
....~..~......../......................................................,:`^`..}
.....~........./...................................................,:"........./
......~......?.....__.........................................:`.........../
....~......../__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
...~......./(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
....~.....{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
.....~.....((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,~__.\`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
......~.....(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
.../\---------/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
...\/---------\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

oh ok

Celdia

February 15, 2009, 03:36:04 pm #56 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Celdia
Clever.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

CidIII

February 15, 2009, 03:42:36 pm #57 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by CidIII
So, no one sees how attacking the credibility of an 350 word article you haven't read ruins your credibility, besides me?

DarthPaul

February 15, 2009, 04:20:00 pm #58 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Nope it ruins the thought that I care about the argument in question. My credibility however remains intact.

Also I was using a quote from the article. How does that even come close to ruining my credibility, even if the quote is out of context.

SentinalBlade

February 15, 2009, 04:31:38 pm #59 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
DP no offense, but if you consider reading the opening paragraph about 'in the past' studies and thats all you base this arguement off of, you cant be considered creditable.

if you wanted to only read ONE, you shouldve read this one.

"In this high-exposure group, lung cancer risk rose by 5.7 times for patients who smoked more than a joint a day for 10 years, or two joints a day for 5 years, after adjusting for other variables, including cigarette smoking"

Not the best circumstances, but it makes plenty of counter points here. you cant be creditable when you argue with an article much more in depth...its not that it ruins your 'careability' its that it makes you less able to be proved/argue against if you dont read the entire arguements.

that is creditability loss.