• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 04:27:42 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

[PSX] FFT - Celdia's Complete Patch 2nd (Beta Version)

Started by Celdia, March 06, 2021, 01:19:12 am

Celdia

Celdia's Complete Patch 2nd
  • Beta Release
  • Quality of Life Tweaks
  • Rebalance/Overhaul
  • Fun-Oriented
  • New Mechanics
  • Moderate Difficulty

A re-work of the original Celdia's Complete Patch with a greater focus on balancing the new content. It's not exactly the same patch and it's not exactly as sequel, but there are a pile of familiar changes from CCP1 among a lot of other new things.

As a beta release, this is entirely unpolished. Chapter 4 sidequests are incomplete but the main story battles are playable through to the end of the game.

• Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Akashachi

"Job change done right for the sake of fun"

This Game is Complete!
Not Completed

Version: Beta 2nd

Overall
Story
Originality
Difficulty
Fun
Balance
Visuals
Replayability
"Job change done right for the sake of fun" is the first word that comes to my mind when I think about this mod. It is crazy to see such an old mod that is still in beta to be such an amazing gameplay experience. 

Job tree is easily accessible so you are able to experience most abilities and see all the different gameplay styles Celdia planned with this release. And many of these changes impact a lot on how you will play the game, from the Cannoneer to the Tactician, and also including amazing changes to unique jobs like Engineer who becomes a very useful support class to Rafa and Malak Chaos job that actually made Malak one of my most powerful DPS from any other playthrough I ever done. Also includes the quite fun unique Blue Mage job for Rad, making him a pretty fun character to bring with you.

New itemization is the icing of the cake, with many combos and interesting accessories that change a lot of the game. Difficulty is average with some notable difficult spikes during Germinas Peak and Lake Poeskas. Hashmalum and Altima where also pretty challenging and there is a quite fun surprise during the Queklain fight. 

Since the mod is in beta (and is no longer been worked actively by the creator) it has some bugs, but rarely game breaking ones. Some weird weapon animations, and most Beowulf/Reis Quest can be completed albeit graphical glitches. That also seems to cause a recruitment but on Cloud so you will not be able to recruit him. Some Blue Mage spells are not possible to learned (Zalera's Flare2 and Bad Breath) and the only game breaking one I found was using Mustadio's Sentry skill without targets available. 

That said is one of the most fun mods I had experience to play that allows you to enjoy once again character building and made me feel sometimes like when I found the game at first time. 

Absolutely recommended to anyone still feeling that itch to play FFT but with a twist
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL