• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

White Magic Memcard Bug??

Started by Fantactic1316, September 07, 2012, 11:41:35 pm

Fantactic1316

September 07, 2012, 11:41:35 pm Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 06:30:25 pm by Fantactic1316
Not sure if this is a memory card bug or a patch bug.

I've got a team with two White Magic users. Both of them are consistently using Dia instead of Holy...in spite of the fact that neither one of them even knows Dia.

They actually both have Esuna and Holy (which surround Dia in the Memcard spreadsheet). So, I suppose I can't be 100% sure that Holy is the problem, since they didn't use Esuna in my tests either. If Esuna got crossed with Dia then they may have just chosen Dia over Holy as the better action for the turn. Regardless, neither one of them has Dia and yet they're both using it. I would guess that it's a Memcard issue, but I could be wrong.
"D'you know in 900 years of time and space, I've never met anyone who wasn't important before."
-The Doctor-

Fantactic1316

D'oh! *facepalm*

Thanks for the tip.

Evidently they know neither Holy nor Esuna...just Dia.
"D'you know in 900 years of time and space, I've never met anyone who wasn't important before."
-The Doctor-

Fantactic1316

Upon further testing, I've found even more errors with White Magic. It seems like the check boxes slipped somewhere along the way. I've had units with Cure and Raise that do fine, but after Regen it goes to hell.

I've got a unit with Shell, using Shell 2. Checking Holy does nothing at all. Checking Esuna teaches Dia. And checking Dia teaches Holy.

Comparing against the in-game ability list, the Memcard is listing Reraise, but the in-game list doesn't have it. As I recall it was moved to Paladin for this build. So checking Reraise in the Memcard generator learns Protect, and everything slips by one from there. Basically, Reraise just needs to be properly removed. None of the check boxes make you learn it, but everything's mislabeled because of it. And I think the JP costs may have slipped as well. This happens both with Priest as a job and with White Magic secondary.
-The Doctor-

FFMaster

Which version of the memcard generator are you using?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Fantactic1316

-The Doctor-

FFMaster

Yes, but did you use the one included in the download or the one Xif uploaded? Xif's hasn't beed updated for 138c yet.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Fantactic1316

I used the one from Xif's thread. I'll try the one from the download and get back to you.
-The Doctor-

Fantactic1316

All good in the one from the download. I guess I didn't think about the fact that those two spreadsheets would be different.

And it's worth noting that the one from the download is showing me Masamune in the Squire skillset after Ultima. Doesn't seem to impede functionality at all, though.
-The Doctor-

The Damned

(That's because Squire has Masamune in the ARENA patch itself for some reason.)

However, as you said, it shouldn't impede anything, which is good to have confirmation of.

I'll get to that in about...four-ish hours anyway.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Xifanie

Thing is, FFM decided to update the MC Gen on his own, so I wasn't sure what to do anymore. :S
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful