• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 05:17:10 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Pokemon - Milotic

Started by Mobius, October 30, 2012, 10:09:45 am

Mobius

October 30, 2012, 10:09:45 am Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 05:10:57 pm by Mobius
Hello dear FFH, and welcome to this drawing exercise

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eager to try my new tablet, I got this itch to draw beasts. No better way to do so than drawing a pokemon.

Especially a favorite.

But before I start, I want to hear suggestions on what animal do you think milotic is based off. I've done some research, but it usually points me to oarfish, ells, some strange parasite snake fish and, until recently, dolphins.

I would like to base it on a dolphin, mainly because of features like:
-Smooth skin, google 'pink river dolphins'
-Skull shape, is somewhat resembling, simpler, and the shape is alter-friendly, unlike the eel's.

Cons are that dolphins are mammals, they breathe frecuently in the surface and have lungs(Unlike milotic's pokedex description, has gills, lives on bottom of lakes), dolphins don't have scales and milotic evolves from a fish. Not that accurate.

Eels and oarfish make some sense in ways, but they just don't connect in the appearance departments. Otherwise we'd end up with something like this.

(This is amazing, but he kinda left out the 'most beautiful of all pokemans" aspect..)

I'll probably end up making a frankenmonster anyways but, I really want to be accurate for this sketch (Realistic)

Time to play

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Latest rendering:
Now everyone sit down, relax and have a good damned cup of tea.
Then go out into the forest and see the stars.

Then come back and realize it's pointless to be so worked up over what's meant to be our hobby.
That should be my motto here, holy s

Dome

I support anything pokémon-related
Looking forward to see your work

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

jimmyjw88

Definitely looking forward to this.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Mobius

Ok so, might as well update, even though I've got nothing drawn yet.

I arrived to a new place, been sorting things out, and travelling. Began drawing right now, while posting this.
Im trying out new tablet too, might take a while until I get decent at it. 

So far, it's not been going much far from the original design though.. Don't expect a radical transformation just yet.

Then come back and realize it's pointless to be so worked up over what's meant to be our hobby.

Lijj

Möb, glad you got a tablet. I'll be checking here again hoping to see more.
  • Modding version: PSX

Mobius

November 15, 2012, 02:25:09 am #5 Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 02:39:49 am by Mobius
How about, no need to wait, I'll just dump the whole thing here as it grows.

It's very early
And there will be more

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: Might as well post this skull I did before, both sketch and current wip versions. I was having fun with the tablet and Gimp.. It's amazing

Milo will probably end up realistic too like that, I hope. And a better pose yes

Lijj

Oh woah.. it took me a minute to realize that was painted and not just a photo. The texture on the bone around the ear looks too uncanny. That's going to be neat seeing a realistic monster!

Kagebunji

Wow, the skull looks real all right. Heh, good luck with that Milotic, I am curious to see how it will go :D
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

jimmyjw88

Wow to the skull!! Look realistic!! Definitely looking forward!
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Mobius

Mobius

feeldawrath

Looking good so far! Can't wait to see the end product! (:
"Your actions have meaning only if they hold true to your ideals."
-Ramza Beoulve

jimmyjw88

Looking great! Getting realistic. By the way, are you using paint to do this?

MiKeMiTchi

Gimme your tablet!!! Seriously, that's some nice painting skill there. Looking forward to it. ;3

Jimmy, if that was made in Paint, then I'll be in tears and swear to god that I am unworthy to live in this planet!
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Mobius

Doing this in paint would be insane, with no brushes or smudge lol.

Im using Gimp and this:
http://www.i-tech.com.au/Library/Image/Product/Wacom-Bamboo-Craft-multitouch-tablet.jpg

Mobius

Ok here's the latest:

Btw, I made a Deviantart account recently, which I will update. Here:
http://thelxion.deviantart.com/

MiKeMiTchi

Looks amazing! Where did you learn the theories about painting? It's pretty nice.
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

jimmyjw88

Yes, amazing! And yes to Mike's question. Curious.

Lijj

Certainly coming along...

So I've added you to my watch; I also have a DA account. I hope to see some traditional art from you as well!

Mobius

November 18, 2012, 12:02:25 pm #19 Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 07:55:20 pm by Mobius
Experiment, and use alot of references.

For me it's a matter of, draw draw draw until it looks 'right'/patience. If not, repeat. Then my mind integrates that technique or knowledge, in a way.

There's no hidden complexity when you have a brush tool that can put color where you want it to, at the translucency you need, and a smudge tool that organizes it afterwards. Then, details like textures come in.

I bring more