• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 09:17:17 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Artwork thread

Started by Mobius, February 25, 2012, 03:40:17 am

Mobius

February 25, 2012, 03:40:17 am Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 07:49:58 pm by Mobius
Hello FFH

I'll post some relevant artwork here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For now, there's this Skyrim mod proyect im planning, and it involves getting FFT job outfits into the game itself. Since I lack a decent PC, im only limited to conceptualize them so far. Currently looking for someone knowledgeable in 3D modelling to help in this endeavor, but I won't start requesting on Nexus until I have enough draws done.

Made with oil pencil and a light warm gray copic marker.

If not for Skyrim, then they're just a realistic render of the jobs anyway. Very fun to draw. Squire's next!

There's also the portrait I quickly whipped up just now for this profile, behold Dohvakinn nord #496947! [/size]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update: Did the Female white mage backside. Done with the oil pencils plus a red one, ink, some copics and a titanium white oil paint smudge

Knight F

Now everyone sit down, relax and have a good damned cup of tea.
Then go out into the forest and see the stars.

Then come back and realize it's pointless to be so worked up over what's meant to be our hobby.
That should be my motto here, holy s

3lric

• Modding version: PSX

Kagebunji

February 25, 2012, 05:13:51 am #2 Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 06:44:11 am by Kagebunji
Welcome on FFH! Really nice drawings and portrait you have there. Looking forward to see more, heh.

As to 3D modelling, there should be someone around here, IIRC Mike did these, but he is on rarely nowadays.

Edit: Lulz, your nick confused me. Welcome back Smash :P

Edit2: I also had an awesome idea, if you could do a sprite concept for your current portrait, I would be eager to finish it, cause it would make a perfect Male Viking, we already have Female, so this would work amazingly well IMO.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Jon

I'd love to see a Dragoon!

Awesome reference for white mages! The lizard guy made me lol, like a white mage Bangaa! :mrgreen:
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Mobius

February 29, 2012, 04:48:25 pm #4 Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 04:58:13 pm by Mobius
Hello FFH

Did the Female white mage backside. Done with the oil pencils plus a red one, ink, some copics and a titanium white oil paint

On canson color paper ftw

Then come back and realize it's pointless to be so worked up over what's meant to be our hobby.

Mando

Oil pencils are great to sketch with! I love the feel they have and I also think they are quite smooth.

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

Mobius

Quote from: Mando on February 29, 2012, 07:28:45 pm
Oil pencils are great to sketch with! I love the feel they have and I also think they are quite smooth.

I agree. This shit is honestly and definetly the best there is.

I got these a few months ago.

I am now incapable to draw with anything else other than this
Graphite is horrible

GeneralStrife

>FFT outfits on skyrim
I came. That would be great.
Too bad you missed the artwork forum, it didnt last long lol.

Lijj

Wow the oil looks good, that white mage is really classy. I haven't tried those oil pencils before. But now I want to.

Kagebunji

Time to visit my local store and get some oil pencils I guess. These look really nice.

Btw, could you explain more clearly how you colored it red? Wheter there are some oil pencils like that, or you used ink etc.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Mobius

Quote from: Kagebunji on March 01, 2012, 09:05:58 am
Time to visit my local store and get some oil pencils I guess. These look really nice.

Btw, could you explain more clearly how you colored it red? Wheter there are some oil pencils like that, or you used ink etc.

It started out as a very rough draft with the pencils only, like the first draws.

Then inked with multiliners.

After that, I diluted a little red oil paint with oil to make a watercolor hybrid effect, to color the red areas. It didn't work (Was almost pink-ish), so I covered the red parts with the sanguine oil pencil. That's the red you see.

More ink again, then smudge some white oil paint with the finger to get the smooth.

Shading wise, I didn't have to do much, with the colored paper I only had to splash white and done.

Mobius

I forgot, for the staff and boots it was a Copic marker. Warm gray 3 (Boots) and Cool gray 3 (Staff) respectively.

I was thinking.. To try and do one of them like the first two, in white paper but with added ink this time. Maybe they'll look better this way?
Drawing now-

Mobius

3lric

Jon

Its very good. I really like the backup dagger she has on her waist. I always imagined that Knights who are formal carry their swords in a sheath on their side like Beatrix, but wearing it on their back looks bad ass! Good work man!
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

jimmyjw88

Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.