• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 08:07:37 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFT: Revised

Started by Lydyn, April 21, 2010, 10:29:16 pm

Kagebunji

Damn, this is cool. I just advise to do something with hair, straight copy of Ovelia's hair is not working. Either borrow hair from one of the sprites in main, or do custom one yourself(I would create my own). Good job! Also, zou might want to do something with those dark blues, kinda killing the contrast, and it is too dark.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Lydyn

Quote from: "Kagebunji"Damn, this is cool. I just advise to do something with hair, straight copy of Ovelia's hair is not working.

Not working? How so?

As for the blues .. I can try and make them a little lighter, but if I make them too light, then it's too hard to tell the difference. I suppose I can use the silvers off of her bra.

Kagebunji

Make it lighter, and give some green-ish(but REALLY slightly)color to it, Also you might think about using Shrine Knight cloth for the legs, it looks good on Shiva. Damn, too bad I cannot get Asmo's concept.

Ovelia's hair isn't working, this is Ovelia's hair and hers only, it looks just wrong on other sprites. Aim for something more custom.

The Damned

Quote from: "Lydyn"Haven't yet, but I'm going to add the oil weak against fire and float weak against wind as well (I don't believe this applies to the movement, however).

The "float weak against wind" part of Razele's ASM was confirmed by formerdeathcrops about a month ago to not work at all, so really it's only "oil weak against fire", which is arguably better.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: "The Damned"
Quote from: "Lydyn"Haven't yet, but I'm going to add the oil weak against fire and float weak against wind as well (I don't believe this applies to the movement, however).

The "float weak against wind" part of Razele's ASM was confirmed by formerdeathcrops about a month ago to not work at all, so really it's only "oil weak against fire", which is arguably better.

Except Eternal at least says the Float weak to Wind thing works for him.  I've not tested it yet so I can't confirm whose right there.

Xifanie

Concerning Razele's hack... I think it works for the float movement ability but not the float status?
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

formerdeathcorps

Quote from: "Zodiac"Concerning Razele's hack... I think it works for the float movement ability but not the float status?

I checked both.  It doesn't work for either.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Xifanie

Quote from: "formerdeathcorps"I checked both.  It doesn't work for either.
I can OHKO bombs with Aero in ET's patch. Double damage.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

The Damned

Hmmm...I wonder why that would be.

*remembers testing it and finding out that it didn't seem to work either...then again his Bombs have Always: Float instead of Float movement*

Also, I had thought it was the other way around: that it was supposed to work for Float status but not Float movement.

IMO, if it's only the movement, than that's quite unwanted. But this isn't the thread for that....
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Lydyn

Quote from: "Kagebunji"Make it lighter, and give some green-ish(but REALLY slightly)color to it, Also you might think about using Shrine Knight cloth for the legs, it looks good on Shiva. Damn, too bad I cannot get Asmo's concept.

Ovelia's hair isn't working, this is Ovelia's hair and hers only, it looks just wrong on other sprites. Aim for something more custom.

I'll mess with it some later and see how the shrine knight... thing works (which sounds like it won't). As for the hair - I just want to point out that 'something custom' is not really within my league of abilities.

formerdeathcorps

I tested floated units + half elemental.  The result was half damage, regardless of where the float came from.  Maybe Razele's ASM is overrode by half status, and that explains my half of the results?
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Kagebunji

Quote from: "Lydyn"I'll mess with it some later and see how the shrine knight... thing works (which sounds like it won't).
You would be surprised if you would see how good it worked on Asmo's Shiva, it was really good.

Quote from: "Lydyn"As for the hair - I just want to point out that 'something custom' is not really within my league of abilities.
Then just borrow some hair from "custom sprites" page on main. If you would want to give her FF7/9(I don't remeber exactly) look, then borrow Ignis hair.

formerdeathcorps

Finished testing.  Razele's formula is fine; the only glitch is that a unit with both oil and float will not take 2x damage from fire because float is checked first.

Razele's hack doubles the damage or hit chance to simulate "weak to" a given element.  However, not all attacks are included.  Elemental weapon attacks (which I used in some of my tests--different formulas are bundled together) and the wave fist formula (which I used in others of my tests--only variable referenced is PA) will not respond to Razele's ASM hack.  I suspect the reason is that he is doubling whatever variable is being referenced as the first (or second/third), which for different formulas may be X or Y.
Consequences:
1) Damage magic will receive double damage.
2) Effect magic that is elemental will have their hit rates go up.
3) Faith effect magic will be affected least of all.
4) Weapon attacks and monk attacks won't be affected.  However, the PA*(WP+Y) and SP*WP formulas will.

Kagebunji

Good news, I found Asmo's version of Shiva. look at 7th sprite in 2nd row, it's her

Lydyn

Hm. I might borrow the purple, but in all honesty ... I like mine better. Just personal preference I suppose. I will have to edit Shiva's legs just a tad though.

FDC - Thanks, that helps a lot, I'm sure. In the least, it makes it so applying the ASM will work for what I have in mind.

Lydyn

Here's more images that'll appear in Revised;

SilvasRuin

The first one's hair looks odd to me.  It looks very much out of place.  Also, what's going on with your golem?  What's with the orange?

Lydyn

I've talked to others and some seem to like the ice-blue hair ... tried making it red instead, but it didn't work out well. Wonder if taking Beatrix's red would work ...

Also, orange? What orange? You mean gold?

Lydyn

Kagebunji

Yes, those colors are better. Btw...is this my Rydia's hair? :P