• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

FFT: New Class Edition

Started by DeadManWalking, April 08, 2010, 03:55:55 pm

Concerning Draw Out becoming a new Item skillset...

Turn the old Item skillset items into junk that's only use is to be sold
3 (50%)
Reintroduce the Chemist and make the Adventurer an advanced class (thus forcing me to get rid of a class, please post which one you'd like to see go)
3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: May 26, 2010, 01:57:05 am

DeadManWalking

Also, I'll start implementing Berserker tomorrow, complete with the Knight skills.  If no one has a problem with the Swordtech skillset (I'll likely be changing Retort to just Counter since it's going on the Knight), I'll start implementing that one, too.

Edit: I've gotten inspiration for what to use with the Guardsmans 'Draw Fire,' Golem.  It'll cost no MP, but it'll be so slow it'll be worth it.

DeadManWalking

Thanks to Kagebunji and Skip Sandwich whose given me an idea on a class to replace the Samurai, and again to Kagebunji whose offered to make the sprite for it.

Dragoon: A heavy warrior trained to fight like and kill dragons.

Equip: Sword, Knight Sword, Ninja Blade, Katana, Helmet, Armor, Accessories

Innate: Two hands

Skillset: Dragoon (Needs a name)

-Abilities-

Hellfire Slash: Fire/Dark Elemental Linear 2 Range attack, capable of inflicting Slow/Oil.

Whirlwind Slash: Non-Elemental, Area: 1, Range: 0 capable of knocking back all enemies hit

Dragon Slayer, 100% Add: Dead, only affects Dragons, Range: 1, Area: 0

Dragon Armor: Heals 20% Max HP, Adds: Protect, Shell, Slow.  Range: 0, Area: 0

Jump, a ranged physical attack, mimics the old jump ability, damages user, Range: 4, Vert: 3, Area: 0

Far Jump, a ranged physical attack, mimics the old jump ability, damages user,  Range: 8, Vert: 3. Area: 0

-Reaction-

Dragon Slash (Meatbone Slash)

-Support-

Two-Hands

-Movement-

Ignore Height

DeadManWalking

Once I get the Guard skillset implemented, I'll try to make a preview video or stream, although it looks... pretty crazy.

DeadManWalking

I've decided to put the preview on this weekend, and make what sprites I can in the meantime.  Working on the Berserker now, look for it on my Sprite thread.

Kagebunji

Good job on Dragoon, my ShiShi is still not working(downloading again didn't worked heh), but I will try to wrap something ASAP. This might take a while though, importrant exams are close.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

DeadManWalking

Even if it's not perfect, let me see it this weekend.  If it's close enough I'll use it for the preview.

Samuraiblackbelt

a dragoon with no spear??? what kind of crap is this?
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."

Kagebunji

Heh, you are right Samuraiblackbelt, I just noticed that too. Add it ASAP.

DeadManWalking

It's based off of Tactics Ogre's Dragoon, which did not, in fact, use a spear =P  Besides, I've changed Spears to be a defensive weapon (lowered weapon attack, but high Weapon Evade, to rival shields, only beaten out in that department by Poles)

Timbo

Historically Dragoons were just heavily armed calvary/infantryman.  No Jumping powers, just another name for soldier.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Timbo

Samuraiblackbelt

that doesn't stop them from using a LANCE
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."

Kagebunji

Okay, Okay, we get the picture, in all FF's Dragoons wield lances, so it shouldn't be different here. Also I have a nice idea for some unique character, come to chat.

DeadManWalking

I've got footage for the preview together, but now I just need to get to editing/adding music.

DeadManWalking

Major problems with the patch, due to the squire skillset bugs (I wasn't aware the full extent of it) I'm going to have to rearrange the job tree itself and make all of the affected jobs starting jobs, which I can justify giving pre-mastered skillsets to.  I'm going to hold off on the preview until I can get a new job tree together (so I can post previews by path)

Squire turns to Fighter and starts the Heavy Fighter path (High HP, Low MP, High PA, Low MA, Med SPD)

Chemist turns to Adventurer and starts the Light Fighter path (Med HP, Low MP, Med PA, Low MA, High SPD)

White Mage starts the Support Magic Path (Med HP, Very High MP, Low PA, High MA, Med SPD)

Black Mage starts the Attack Magic Path.  (Low HP, High MP, Med PA, Very High MA, Low SPD)

Red Mage has the spells of both the White and Black Mages, but doesn't lead to a path.

----------

I've managed to rework the spells so far:

White Mage Spells

Cure
Regen
Esuna 1 (Cancels Blind, Poison, Confuse, Oil, Silence, Don't Move/Act)
Protect
Shell
Haste
Slow

White Wizard Spells

Cure 2
Cure 3
Raise
Raise 2
Esuna 2 (Hits one person, removes all negative status effects)
Protect 2
Shell 2
Haste 2
Slow 2
Stop
Quick
Reflect

Cleric Spells

Cure 4
Full Cure
Esuna 3 (Hits all allies, removes all negative status effects)
Raise 3 (As Raise 2, but with AoE)
Bless (Hits all allies, chance to add Protect, Shell, Haste, Regen, Reraise, Transparent)
Exorcise (100% Petrify on an undead unit)
Strength Surge (+1 PA to 1 Unit)
Spirit Surge (+1 MA to 1 Unit)
Speed Surge (+1 SPD to 1 Unit)
Holy

Black Mage Spells

Fire
Ice
Bolt
Poison
Darkness
Don't Act
Don't Move

Black Wizard Spells

Fire 2
Fire 3
Ice 2
Ice 3
Bolt 2
Bolt 3
Demi
Drain
Dispel
Silence
Sleep
Zombify
Frog
Petrify
Innocent
Faith

Warlock

Fire 4
Ice 4
Bolt 4
Meteor
Flare
Dark Holy
Curse (Hits all enemies, chance to add Poison, Slow, Sleep, Confuse, Zombie, Petrify)
Necromancy (100% Charm on Undead Units)
Death 2 (As Death, but with an area)
Strength Sap (-1 PA on 1 Unit)
Spirit Sap (-1 MA on 1 Unit)
Speed Sap (-1 SPD on 1 Unit)

DeadManWalking

Here's what I think the new job tree will look like

-> Berserker -> Knight (High HP, Very High PA, Low SPD, Low MP, Low MA)
         /
Fighter <       Heavy Fighter Path
         \
          -> Guard -> Dragoon (Very High HP, Med PA, Med Spd, Low MP, Low MA)

-> Brawler -> Thief (Med HP, High PA, Very High SPD, Low MP, Low MA)
            /
Adventurer <        Light Fighter Path
            \
             -> Bowman -> Marshal ( High HP, Med  PA, High SPD, Low MP, Low MA)

|<-White Mage -> White Wizard -> Cleric (Low HP, Very Low PA, Med SPD, Very High MP, High MA)
|                                                          
|<-Black Mage -> Black Wizard -> Warlock (Very Low HP, Low PA, Low SPD, High MP, Very High MA)
|                                                            
|<-Red Mage  (Med HP, Med PA, Med SPD, Med MP, Med MA)
v
\->Mystic Knight (Med HP, Med PA, Med SPD, High MP, High MA)

DeadManWalking

Anyone have anything to say on this at all?

Boxiii

I'm interested in how you did your red mage.

DeadManWalking

It's mostly just a filler class with a combined skillset of Cure, Ice, Fire, Bolt, Regen, Esuna, Protect, Shell, Haste, Slow, Poison, Darkness, Don't Act, and Don't Move.  It's got better all around physical growth than the mages, and better magical growth than the warriors, though, making it a decent carrier class, and the Mystic Knight, which it, combined with some classes in the magic paths lead to, is a better one, with an all original skillset in the works, complete with a custom reaction made from Counter Flood if I can work it.

Edit: The Reason I'm not giving the Red Mage a unique skillset is that, well, it comes pre-mastered and available from the start, I didn't want to make it too powerful.

Timbo

I've got to say, your patch is one of the most unique I've seen.  It seems like an almost complete departure from vanilla.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Timbo

DeadManWalking

Thanks.

Anyway, here's what I got for the Chemist's replacement class.  Still item, just most of them have different effects.

Adventurer

Equips: Dagger, Sword, Bowgun, Clothes, Robes

Potion - Regen
Hi-Potion - Minor Heal + Regen
X-Potion - Moderate Heal + Regen
Ether/Hi-Ether - As Vanilla
Smoke Bomb - Add: Transparent
Glue Bomb - Add: Don't Move
Oil Bomb - Add: Slow, Oil
Toxin - Add: Poison, Death Sentence
Aloe Grass - Cancels: Blind, Silence, Poison
Pure Water - Cancels: Oil, Sleep, Confusion
Blessed Mirror - Cancels: Frog, Chicken, Petrify
Miracle - Cancels: Undead, Blood Suck, Death Sentence
Phoenix Down - As Vanilla

Reaction
Auto-Potion

Support
Throw Item
Secret Hunt

Movement
Treasure Hunter (Move-Find Item)

Most of the offensive items will get unlocked during late Chp. 3/4, but will be available earlier from poaching.

Any suggestions/comments?