• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 09:28:03 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Parody Dialogue-Please play and test it!

Started by Jon, December 17, 2009, 11:22:32 am

Dome

December 21, 2009, 05:38:24 am #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
Lulz, some funny shit here
Btw, change some event, post some screen in the first post and call this "Spoof patch"
It can be quite nice to see/read

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Jon

December 21, 2009, 05:54:29 am #21 Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 06:12:37 am by Jon
Here are some screen shots!

There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Jon

December 21, 2009, 05:55:36 am #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Jon
Ahhh! Tooooo big! Aww well, too bad haha

Dome

December 21, 2009, 06:03:20 am #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
Put them under spoiler in the first post...

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Zenius

December 21, 2009, 06:06:16 am #24 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zenius
Just thought I'd point it out, but it's "definitely" not "definetly"

Jon

December 21, 2009, 06:11:08 am #25 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Jon
@Zenius- Oh snap, you are right, but since this is just a test version, I will correct my spelling mistakes later. Thanks for the heads up!

@Dome- done.

philsov

December 21, 2009, 12:46:37 pm #26 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
:roll:

Jon, I'm working on a spoof patch of my own to be tacked onto ASM'd.  

I've already got most of chapter 1 done, but if you'd like to submit any event spoof from chapter 2 onward odds are it'd make it.  If you're interested lemme know.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

mav

December 21, 2009, 01:05:19 pm #27 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
Not bad, not bad. A little less vulgar than some of the other ones I've seen but still decent.

SilvasRuin

December 21, 2009, 01:51:11 pm #28 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
Vulgarity should have no correlation to quality if the writer him/herself is fairly decent. If the writer isn't decent, then it tends to be a NEGATIVE correlation, not a positive one.  Vulgarity often seems forced to me in bad writing.

Those screenshots got a few chuckles out of me.

Jon

December 21, 2009, 02:50:12 pm #29 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Jon
Thank you all for the kind words, and I don't aim to be overtly vulgar. Sometimes, here and there, but most of the jokes and such are more slap stick, (heavily based off of the original) well I hope at least. Also, yes Philsov, I am very interested. Please if you would be so kind, let me try your spoof patch, that is if you are willing. This has no ASM'd hacking, just plain old TEST.EVT changes because I have no idea how to change the actual events in that sense. Just the text. If you do want to, please send it to my email or post it, ect. Thank you!

Today I played mine over a bit and already I found a mistake on the Mandalia Plains, Delita talks and it says Ramza's name in the box... *facepalm* .

SilvasRuin

December 21, 2009, 02:53:41 pm #30 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
I was just commenting on what seemed to me to be mav suggesting that vulgarity somehow makes stuff better.  He probably used odd wording anyways and didn't mean it like that.  Probably.

Jon

December 21, 2009, 03:04:56 pm #31 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Jon
Yeah, actually it isn't even that vulgar, just for everyone to know. Also, I said strong language, but imo it isnt, well what I am used to. I guess I was more or less warning little 10 year olds from playing my patch, if there are any on here...if you got some time, you should try the TEST.EVT out, who knows, you may enjoy it...or you could tell me what is too stupid and I will change it around to something better. Thanks for all the feedback y'all!

philsov

December 21, 2009, 03:27:26 pm #32 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
Quote from: "Jon"Also, yes Philsov, I am very interested. Please if you would be so kind, let me try your spoof patch, that is if you are willing. This has no ASM'd hacking, just plain old TEST.EVT changes because I have no idea how to change the actual events in that sense. Just the text. If you do want to, please send it to my email or post it, ect. Thank you!

Today I played mine over a bit and already I found a mistake on the Mandalia Plains, Delita talks and it says Ramza's name in the box... *facepalm* .

well... I've been doing them more unilaterally.  That is, I've just been going through all the events and haven't bothered recompiling them, nor plan to, until I'm through with the game and then I do one big ass recompile and then go through everything to proof it and make sure the text boxes are placed correctly and portraits are correct and crap like that.  I'm only planning on changing the text for everything, the only event I'm truly changing might be the ending, but we'll see how I feel when I reach it.

Edit:  Yes, I understand this is just test.evt editing with zodiac's tool.  that's exactly what I want :)

Buuuut... a couple excerpts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgyo9NT0cCc

Outside Igros:
ALGUS: ...My family was once respected like the Beoulves. My
grandfather was captured during the Fifty Year War... He sold
his friends out to the enemy to save himself. But, as he left
the castle, he got stabbed in the back by a cadet just like
myself. One of my grandfather's friends managed to escape and
spread the story around. Of course my father didn't believe
it, but everyone else did, they deserted him...

DELITA: Summary. Now.

ALGUS: I'm a wanker.

RAMZA: That's better.

VOICE OF YOUNG GIRL: Delita!

DELITA: Teta!

RAMZA: Alma, Zalbag!

ALGUS: Algus!

RAMZA: ...Algus?

ZALBAG: I heard how you beat the thieves in Gariland. That's
worthy of a Beoulve. I'm sure father would've been pleased
with you.

RAMZA: So stabbing things until they die is the way of the Beoulves?

ZALBAG: You know it.

RAMZA: Rock on.

TETA: Delita, I'm glad you're doing well.

DELITA: And you also. How is your schooling?

TETA: Fine. Everyone is so nice to me...

ALMA: Why must you turn this castle into a house of LIES, Teta?

TETA: Oh you shut up.

ZALBAG: Excuse me, but I must go hunt some thieves.

RAMZA: Yee haw!

ZALBAG: The death corps want a ransom.

RAMZA: How large?

ZALBAG: A billion gil.

ZALBAG: True. We could pay easily, but we're arrogant bastards. Oh wait, one more thing...our messenger hasn't returned yet.

RAMZA: What did you say?

ZALBAG: Nevermind. Guarding a castle is boring work, don't you think? *Winks*

ALGUS: I think he likes me!

DELITA: Teta, I have to go now...

Mandalia:
THIEF: He's still breathing. What should we do?

THIEF 2: Give him some tea, untie him, and let him on his merry way.

THIEF: Super!

RAMZA: Stop thieves!

THIEF 2: I'm a Squire.

RAMZA: Now I can save that young man, or kill the enemies. I am a cold hearted bastard, so I will destroy all enemies.

DELITA: Good choice Ramza, we all get +10 brave! We wouldn't have if you'd picked the other option!

Igros after saving the marquis:
LARG: So, you are Dycedarg's younger brother.....relax. You
look exactly like the late General Balbanes... A fine-looking
young man. I'm sure that youthful energy didn't come from just
guarding the castle.....

ALGUS: Zing.

DELITA: Burned.

RAMZA: Owned.

DYCEDARG: Larg, I can make your death about 3 chapters early if I wanted to.

LARG: ...You were planning on killing me? That sounds erotic.

RAMZA: I think we should leave. Now.

Stuff along that vein.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Jon

December 21, 2009, 03:49:34 pm #33 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Jon
LOL! Seriously! Hahaha! This is sorta like mine, except mine has far more swear words, but yeah! Hey! The last one has an idea similar to mine:

Simon: Oh I don't want to die in Chapter 2...

Then later Simon to Ovelia: Goodbye. I won't see you agian. Ovelia: I know.

Aww hell, just patch the TEST.EVT of mine to one of your .isos if you can and try it out. I think we should work together on this...haha, besides, if we mix our jokes and ideas it is bound to be even funnier...

Jon

December 21, 2009, 04:15:28 pm #34 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Jon
Just watched the youtube video, I think some how it is very similar to my opening...this is just getting weird, I like the part where the female knight barges in (the one who should've stayed in the kitchen) haha

mav

December 21, 2009, 05:23:00 pm #35 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
Quote from: "SilvasRuin"I was just commenting on what seemed to me to be mav suggesting that vulgarity somehow makes stuff better. He probably used odd wording anyways and didn't mean it like that. Probably.
Righto--what I meant was something more like "Hey, this is funny without being vulgar, and overall this is a pretty decent patch." In fact, I do agree that vulgarity doesn't equal hilarity, but that's besides the point.

Back on topic, I do like the idea of this patch, but I doubt I'll play it. This isn't a shot to your efforts; I just prefer new events to new dialog. Keep up the good work, Jon.

Kokojo

December 21, 2009, 05:25:25 pm #36 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kokojo
Well, if you go further, of course il play it when I make my alphabets soup challenges.
I say continue, this is very nice.
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

RavenOfRazgriz

December 21, 2009, 05:38:07 pm #37 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by RavenOfRazgriz
See what I told you, Jon?

A couple screenshots and this thread went from headdesk to good.

Your work isn't bad, by the way.

Jon

December 21, 2009, 06:25:35 pm #38 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Jon
Thank you everyone!  I was actually very nervous when I posted this, but now I feel like giving more life and energy to what started out as a project I was doing out of boredom. I wanted to learn to decompile and compile and at the same time amuse myself...my life is sad...but now I have some more confidence. Also R of R, I took your advise, so let me thank you! ;)

Zaen

December 21, 2009, 08:08:44 pm #39 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zaen
Hah, not bad.

These are the kinds of parody I love. I'm gonna be watching this thread. Might make me want to playthrough the game all the way again. I usually just stop halfway through these days..
"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar