• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 01:49:12 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Turn based FFT V0.9(For now on this projet is finished.)

Started by SolidSnakeDog, October 10, 2009, 09:42:00 am

How the system system?

Good idia. I like this.
2 (40%)
Nope. I dont like this.
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: October 14, 2009, 04:45:48 am

philsov

October 29, 2009, 01:09:43 pm #80 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
regarding auto-potion, HOW did you change potion, specifically/in full detail?
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

SolidSnakeDog

October 29, 2009, 01:21:03 pm #81 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
Quote from: "philsov"regarding auto-potion, HOW did you change potion, specifically/in full detail?

1.I changed the chemist class to Medic by killing the chemist class and made the mediator take his place.

2.Chemist skills set was unchanged.

3.Auto-potion was gived to Medic

4.The only thing i changed about potion is the cost.

5.The Chemist was removed form the game but keep Auto-Potion in his skill set.

6. (May not matter but) I removed all items excluding the potions,hi-P-X-P form all shops.

I think Auto-potion only works if the skill is in the Chemist skill set.(Not 100% sure but if this is true...this skill is screwed  :evil: )
Giving Auto-potion to an other class made it bugged.
Auto-Potion is Probably hard coded like the items. I hit my units having Auto-Potion set form Medic skill set but never actually used auto-potion.
I aslo had potions...make me wonder wy this is not working..

philsov

October 29, 2009, 01:34:11 pm #82 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
Quote1.I changed the chemist class to Medic by killing the chemist class and made the mediator take his place.

Can you expand on that?  You changed the stats on the "Chemist" job (right below squire in fftpatcher) to reflect those of mediator and changed the text?  Or something else?

QuoteI think Auto-potion only works if the skill is in the Chemist skill set.(Not 100% sure but if this is true...this skill is screwed  )

Huh.  I'll do some fiddling with it over the weekend.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

SolidSnakeDog

October 29, 2009, 01:47:21 pm #83 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
Yes i changed the text. (For mediator not chemist)
Chemist require lv 8 chemist to unlock. So i did not have touched the chemist below the Squire, but the Mediator that is below thief.

EDIT : I think now. I know wy this is not working.
Because some generic have Auto-potion unlocked for chemist but this class can't be used. At the same time i did not learn Auto-Potion the medic has...but still able to use it right at the begining.
I will do a quick Fix and make the version 0.6a RIGHT NOW.

EDIT 2 : kay. This should have fixed most problem relating to
Auto-Potion...and the bug relating having it unlocked in the chemist set. Fixed*

EDIT 3 : The starting generics likes to equip the corupted skills and Maintenance and throw item...thats is very weird.
Remove anything and put the *Real* Skill set after you can use the formation screen.
After you can play like normally.

Zaen

October 29, 2009, 08:33:34 pm #84 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zaen
You could fix that by putting all skills for chemist really high. Like 2500 JP each.
"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar

SolidSnakeDog

October 29, 2009, 09:02:49 pm #85 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
I put em at 9999JP AND put 0% chance on learning so this completely fixed the problem.
The next version will mosly be bug fixing.
Alright now to play the game completely and fix anything worng and make the bug fixed version.

But don't expect any update till i beat the game completely.

By the way the next step will be making the useless skills (Yes Throw stone..im looking at you!) into something usefull.
If you find an ability that is completely useless be sure to tell me so i don't miss it. (And maybe giving me  dias for the right ability to remplace the useless one.)
And i don't know what to do to the Ninja class...the skill set is very hard to use. (And thats the only hard to use class right now...)
But i can't simply kill this job...this is the most used job. (FFT having no ninja is just WORNG! I am sure you guys agree.)

StarScythe

October 30, 2009, 01:51:19 am #86 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by StarScythe
this sounds like a great idea? just a thought, but why have a moving unit in the DD? Why not just have the items as the rewards for winning the battle? using that method would also encourage players to fight the harder battles in the DD, as each seperate option for each level could have unique rare items to earn. im thinking specifically of masamunes and chirijiridans. The only thing youd have to figure out is a way to get the levels to advance. Maybe an ASM hack that ties advancement to winning the battle?

Zenius

October 30, 2009, 05:35:06 am #87 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zenius
Because if you make rare equips as war trophies, you can just beat the battle over and over and get yourself multiple pieces of said rare equipment

SolidSnakeDog

October 30, 2009, 11:23:03 am #88 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
Quote from: "StarScythe"this sounds like a great idea? just a thought, but why have a moving unit in the DD? Why not just have the items as the rewards for winning the battle? using that method would also encourage players to fight the harder battles in the DD, as each seperate option for each level could have unique rare items to earn. im thinking specifically of masamunes and chirijiridans. The only thing youd have to figure out is a way to get the levels to advance. Maybe an ASM hack that ties advancement to winning the battle?

You ASLO need a mobile unit to find the *Exit* to the next floor.
Aslo that Unit is using Move-find-item so there is no need to
change the *War trophies.*

Aslo...in a story battle, there is aslo a quest having Ramza's ID
just for opening the flood gate to clear the map.
(So you are not stuck if you play on the PSX)
Someone was supposed to do a fix about this, but i have not heard of him for some time so i did a work around...

EDIT : Minor edit to the changes in 0.6 so you know Zaen given me a general idia for the new High Mage class.

SolidSnakeDog

October 30, 2009, 03:35:06 pm #89 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
Okay.I think There is an other class thats needs to be changed : Geomancer.
This may be not be hard to use but using it is just...weird?
Any idia for what job style will suit in, or is this is alright to leave this class at is?

Just needs a few tips before i do anything to it.

Skip Sandwich

October 30, 2009, 04:55:22 pm #90 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
I don't think Geomancer has to be changed that much, just make sure that all the starting spaces for battle position represent the predominant terrain type. Then it'll work like the geomancer from FF3, or like Mog from FF6
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

Zaen

October 30, 2009, 06:58:46 pm #91 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zaen
Quote from: "Skip Sandwich"I don't think Geomancer has to be changed that much, just make sure that all the starting spaces for battle position represent the predominant terrain type. Then it'll work like the geomancer from FF3, or like Mog from FF6

That.

SolidSnakeDog

October 30, 2009, 07:17:53 pm #92 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
i will change this class to Holy Swordman. This seems the best thing to do....
...NOT!

Kay. This class will stay at is.  :wink:  
Last thing ..
What's is best for the Geomancer skills Taget style ?

1.Hit all enemies in the same Height. (Currently)
2.Hit all enemies. (Will be weaker but status will make up for it)
3.Hit one enemy. (Will be stronger)

Jumza

October 30, 2009, 07:56:04 pm #93 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Jumza
#3 i see that to be better for killing things like bosse's
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Skip Sandwich

October 30, 2009, 09:05:17 pm #94 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
#2 geomancy is all about weak AoE + status
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

SolidSnakeDog

October 30, 2009, 09:42:01 pm #95 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
After some thinking i will go with option 2.

Elemental are not made for killing strongs thing.
(More used to cause bad status.)
By chosing 3, This will make it like a Black magic spell but no MP cost.

mav

October 30, 2009, 09:43:40 pm #96 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
Definitely go with option 2. The key here is to retain the uniqueness of each job/skillsets, while adding new elements to the game.

Zaen

October 31, 2009, 01:10:50 pm #97 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zaen

SolidSnakeDog

November 01, 2009, 01:27:15 pm #98 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
*Bug fixing progress*

Kay just finished testing completely chapiter 1. The biggest bug i found was the archets on dorter.
Now to completely test chapiter 2...

EDIT : Not sure about you but Spin Fists is overpowered to me. By the end of chapiter having 70 brave, this do 30-36 dammage to all enemies.
So using it few times will make you win using no effort.
Need a few tips cause i am not sure what formula to use for it.

Aslo mages may be a bit too powerfull early. Doing 60-120 dammage using tier 1 magic is a bit too much...

Should i reduce the power of the frist 2 tier spells a bit?
or alright at is?

EDIT 2 : Retardio actually do 6 dammage by using attack in the skill set!
Yeah! He will make me win the game! Go retardio!!

Bah...this is just about changing the Guns formula...easy fix.  :wink:

SolidSnakeDog

November 02, 2009, 06:54:33 pm #99 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
I am a bit bored of making this now...so i will take a short break. (A week or 2 or something)
After that i will continue and come back in fury with a massive bug fix update. (And a few idias you guy may have given during that time)
During that time you may want to post idias on how to remplace the useless skills and new costom skills to remplace em.
Or something you think i need to look into.
See you later.