• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Turn based FFT V0.9(For now on this projet is finished.)

Started by SolidSnakeDog, October 10, 2009, 09:42:00 am

How the system system?

Good idia. I like this.
2 (40%)
Nope. I dont like this.
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: October 14, 2009, 04:45:48 am

MiKeMiTchi

October 25, 2009, 05:54:44 am #60 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
The item skillset's range is limited.. :)
*I think.
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

SolidSnakeDog

October 25, 2009, 11:10:10 am #61 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
Well puting weapon having ARC type will not make em pass walls...and the monk only attack form 1 square away. Ouch...
Attack in skill set is a must for monks.
Well...i did not actually double the HP %. This was a bad idia.
I buffed most of the equipement a lot and balanced em at the same time. This aslo made the battles longer just like i wanted.
Item into abilities...kay but i think the Item set is hard coded...but will make a few test if this is possible.
If this work, i will change the Chemist class to medic...having new costom skills to compensate for the hard to use items.

Zaen

October 25, 2009, 03:07:14 pm #62 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zaen
It's not hard coded. You just set Action Menu to Default, and use the unused slots for the item abilities.

Also, I understand that Arc doesn't go through walls, but it can bypass most obstacles by height. It's not a permanent fix, but it's so that walls can't screw everyone over. Monks are a problem either way, so I have no clue.
"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar

SolidSnakeDog

October 25, 2009, 03:51:58 pm #63 Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 05:34:03 pm by SolidSnakeDog
Guess i will completely change the skill set for chemists...
Here the idias i got for the new skills :

1-Frist-Aid (in place of potion)
2-Advanced Frist-Aid (in place of HI-Potion)
3-Emergency Frist-Aid (in place of X-Potion)
4-Body Care (Heal poison/don't act/Petrified ect...but don't cure stop/slow)
5-Mental Care (Heal Berserk/confusion/charm ect..)
6-Advanced Care (Heal Zombie/Death sentence/Vampire/Frog..ect Not too sure about death sentence...)
7-Energy drink (In place of Ether)
8-Strong Energy drink (in place of Hi-Ether)
9-Hero drink (In place of Elixir. Will use Chacra formula and heal a set HP/MP)
10-CPR (In place of phoenix down)

Do this looks fine? Or if you have a few idias about this do tell!  :wink:

Zaen

October 25, 2009, 05:15:59 pm #64 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zaen
I dunno if Death Sentence should be curable. It's more of something that can be prevented, but not cured. I like it otherwise. I assume a higher Y value for Hero Drink, right? Looks great, very medic-like.
Instead of Pick Me Up, how about CPR? That is more of a revival term.

SolidSnakeDog

October 25, 2009, 05:33:36 pm #65 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
CPR? LOL funny skill name yet this IS a good idia.
Well in an game i played there is a potion : Pick Me Up that can revive allies. But yeah...that not the right name i agree.
Guess this is better that death sentence can't get cured. After all, the original chemist aslo can't cure it.

Alright time to do my favorite thing...making costom skills!

EDIT : Should i edit the slot that have *Telemprt 3 send/arrive
Summon demon/Summon angel effect set?

Oh...because nobody can move, i will use the Teleport send/arrive slots
 :wink:

Zaen

October 25, 2009, 07:38:48 pm #66 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zaen
Good idea. I usually edit the Summon Angel/Demon ones, as well as every slot below Parasite EXCEPT the last blank one which contains attack. I think changing that could fix all your problems.

SolidSnakeDog

October 25, 2009, 09:37:44 pm #67 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
CHEMIST SACRIFICE!  :ban: this class form the game!!! And the mediator will take his place has a medic istend.
So this give me more slots to add costom abilities by using the old mediator skills. (Aslo..mediator looks a bit like a medic... :(

I know this sucks in an way. But the chemist really IS the fun killer in this...i think anyone who played this knows it.

That it for now...if u wanted to keep an other mediator skill before i move to something esle tell me right now before this is too late.

Zaen

October 25, 2009, 10:07:23 pm #68 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zaen
Always issues.. dang. Invitation... You could give it to squire, and call it Tame. Make all classes immune to it, so you can only invite monsters. That might work.

SolidSnakeDog

October 26, 2009, 09:07:28 pm #69 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
I given medic Invite and Tame and made the JP cost much higher for em.
Testing this new class right now and there is an (unfixable?) bug.
I changed the name Mediator to Medic for anything in the text editor.
But once in battle,this revert back to *Mediator* so i cheaked all the lines in the Text editor
but all the names was fine, but the game seems to ignore it.

Aslo this need much more testing before i let the new version out. (i keep finding new bugs each few minutes...
particulary about the new skills i made.)

Not on purpose but still fine, HP,MP restored depend on MA. (Higher MA means stronger heal but is weaker that the cures spells)

At 4 Magic power, Medic kit heals 24HP, Adv Medic kit heal 48HP
Exp Medic kit heals 72. But the Cures spells is still more powerfull. (Provided your faith is high...)

Works the same way for skills that restore MP.
having 4MA the skill heal : Energy drink restore 12 MP.
Hi-Energy Drink restore 20MP

But i had to remove the skill that restore HP/MP at the same time because the only formula using this is Chacra and you need Martial arts for it to work proprely. Besides, this will make the skill PA based...so i had to scrap it.

Aslo, I did a weird animation for the energy drinks...seen like there charging the potion before throwing it.  :shock: I find it funny and let it stay that way. (Energy potion FTW!)

I have a felling that the next update will be a gem...

EDIT : Just did the frist story battle using the new class and i must say...this was fun i really like this new class. Aslo i taked a few screen shots at the same time to remplace the current screen shots in my main topic...i will update em soon because there are REALLY out of date...

EDIT 2 :

Umm...not many is commenting lately...what sup?

Zaen

October 27, 2009, 11:52:05 pm #70 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zaen
Busy week. I've been gone all day the last 2 days.

I could fix the animations for the medic abilities. I just need to know what slots they're in.
This sounds good, the progress is rather impressive, I have to say. As for the Mediator not changing names... did you use Quick Edit in TacText? That covers all areas, so you don't miss any.

SolidSnakeDog

October 28, 2009, 11:39:39 am #71 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
No need. I know whats causing it. But seeing the Energy drink get *charged* and used after...idk but this fit in, in a way.
I did used Quick Edit and anything is fine. I even looked at all the others manually to find the problem but anything was fine.
Maybe i just need to patch over a clean ISO...this may be the problem. (If this do not fix the problem i don't know what esle to do to fix it...hope this works.)

EDIT : Guess that was the problem after all...
The name is now showing the name correctly. Good thing.

Got a new problem relating to Auto-Potion...
This skill do not trigger anymore...maybe you can't use it if this is outside of the chemist job...
Can you guys help me find a fix for that so i can actually finish the next version?

Shade

October 28, 2009, 03:16:40 pm #72 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Shade
Did you have potions with you, if not too bad since you can't use it without it.
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

SolidSnakeDog

October 28, 2009, 03:23:17 pm #73 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
I did have potions. But this still not working at all.
Thats...very weird to say the less.  :?

Zaen

October 28, 2009, 03:51:16 pm #74 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zaen
So.. you had potions, but it doesn't use them? Maybe it's because you changed the chemist skillset.

Also, Question. Since you put in the Medic, what use is the chemist slot for? You could possibly make an introductory mage, or something. Like a Cure, a non-elemental Fire/Ice/Bolt 1? It makes more sense for a beginning magic class than a chemist. Although, if you want it to be used, like squire isn't, it should have some perks to it. I dunno, just spewing out ideas. :P

SolidSnakeDog

October 28, 2009, 04:02:26 pm #75 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
Quote from: "Zaen"So.. you had potions, but it doesn't use them? Maybe it's because you changed the chemist skillset.

Also, Question. Since you put in the Medic, what use is the chemist slot for? You could possibly make an introductory mage, or something. Like a Cure, a non-elemental Fire/Ice/Bolt 1? It makes more sense for a beginning magic class than a chemist. Although, if you want it to be used, like squire isn't, it should have some perks to it. I dunno, just spewing out ideas. :wink:

Zaen

October 28, 2009, 11:00:20 pm #76 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zaen
I turned it into a druid-like class. I gave it Bio 1-3, all having poison for the effect. I compiled the multiple other bios into 1 for each tier with all the statuses. Then I put in Parasite, an altered Grand Cross (Earth elemental, slow, poison, blind randomly, while doing moderate damage), and Midgar Zolom. I then inserted Melt, Quake, and Tornado, which I also individualized. So Melt did the highest damage, staying the same. Tornado had long range, infinite Vert, and slightly lower damage, while Quake was the weakest of the 3, having large AoE and 4 vert. I also gave a heal around the caster ability like what the trees have.

Druid can equip Poles, Spears, Helmets, Hats, Robes. I also gave it high PA, and 115 MA mult with 40 for growth. It comes with slightly less HP than an Archer, due to growths, has average Speed, and high MP to compensate the ability costs. So 130 Multiplier, 7 growth.

I've been tweaking this for quite a while, to explain how well thought out it is.

SolidSnakeDog

October 29, 2009, 09:11:09 am #77 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
Not bad...i will look into it and add what is best suited for this hack.

Zenius

October 29, 2009, 09:31:13 am #78 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zenius
I actually like Zaen's idea a lot

SolidSnakeDog

October 29, 2009, 12:21:08 pm #79 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
Alright...0.6 is UP!! (Finally...this hack is actually getting fun to play now)
And thats a crasy update too..cheak out the changes and you will know what i mean.  :gay:

ASLO YOU NEED TO START A NEW GAME! if not some weird stuff hapends.