• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 11:42:54 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Xif's Fixes (ASM Hacks & Spreadsheets)

Started by Xifanie, September 12, 2008, 10:50:17 pm

LastingDawn

And an incredible tool becomes even better! Great work Zodiac!
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Zaen

There are so many possibilities now, it's unbelievable!
"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar

Timbo

Quote from: "Vanya"I'm feeling stupid because I still don't get how to implement the Weapon Ability Patch.

Also, how viable would be to rewrite Math Skill to function as a Double Cast skill instead?
The menu structure seems to already be there. Would it just be a matter of calling different routines after each menu and change the menu content?

I see limitless potential in rewriting Math Skill.  Personally, I'd want it to point only to spells your character has equipped as his secondary skill.  Could you imagine being able to double cast any spell in the Math Skill skillset?  Seems a little OP.

I'm no hacker but, it seems like it would be a lot of work to make all the spells target normally, have normal casting times, then of course actually making them cast twice would probably be just as difficult as making a support ability to the exact same thing.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Timbo

R999

Zodiac, awesome work. It often goes under-appreciated just how awesome this is.

I do have one question, is the Elemental Weapon requirement AND or OR?   "Fire Or Ice allow Ability X"    or "Fire AND Ice allow Ability X"?

edit: another question for you to answer in the morning. Can we have Require Sword + Forbid Materia Blade as a single requirement?

Xifanie

Requires all elements. If you want to change it it's a pretty simple hack.

Quote from: "R999"edit: another question for you to answer in the morning. Can we have Require Sword + Forbid Materia Blade as a single requirement?
And what are you asking? Be clear in your questions
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

philsov

QuoteCan we have Require Sword + Forbid Materia Blade as a single requirement?

"Forbid single item" isn't a function that I'm seeing, neverminding the potential conflict.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Xifanie

OH Forbid. I never saw that one. That will have to wait ARH 2.0 I'm afraid.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

R999

June 19, 2010, 03:00:05 pm #287 Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 09:48:32 pm by R999
Oops Philsov's right. But what I really wanted to ask was something like, can two different requirements stack together, like "Require Spear" + "Require Regen", as a single requirement.  

Edit: It's currently setup as AND for the above scenario, for those who are wondering. So "Require Spear OR Require Regen" is not possible.

Zaen

"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar

Xifanie

Added:
Innate skillset 0xA9 for all units

Btw this is meant to be used along with the ARH. For example anyone wearing the Masamune in any job could be able to use MBarrier.

BeoulveBlack

wow, i see you've all been busy little bees!

i might have to cut short my list of things i wanted to do in ACLR and get back here before i fall too far behind with FFT stuff...besides, all this ASM talk is making me really excited about all the possibilities i didn't have before.

@Zodiac
read your messages!

Mega_Tyrant

I'm guessing this wont work with a WOTL ISO seeing as it doesn't have an SCUS_942.21 file?

EDIT:  NVM, it seems the PSP version really is based off of the japanese version of the game, did a search of the forums and found out that for the psx version the japanese equivalent of SCUS_942.21 is the SLPS_007.70, which the WOTL ISO has.
RAWR!

Xifanie

Added:
Quote from: "Zodiac"0x000E9358 :
FFFFFFFFFFFF05FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF050505FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF05FFFFFF0505FF05FFFF05FF
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
1500013C
2108E100
FF000334
DC040508
0x000DA36C :
0E410508
Generic Skillset ability fix.
It should be noted that by default, this hack has every "buggy" skillsets set as 05. This makes the said skillset to copy the functions of skillset 0x05, which is basic skill, a perfectly normal skillset. Else, if the value is 0xFF, the skillset type will remain unchanged. The table reads the original values, so you don't have to worry if you make skillset 0x05 copy 0x06 and vice-versa at the same time.
For example if you want to turn jump (Skillset 0x12) into a normal skillset, you have to make it <default> in the "Action Menus" tab of FFTPatcher, and change the value in the hack's table to 0x05, or anything linking to a normal skillset.
0x000E9438 + 0x12 = 0x000E944A
Like I said, by default all those type of skillsets are set to normal skillsets, so make sure you edit properly before yelling at me.

Vanya

This is awesome!!
So this basically uses a 'normal' skillset as a template to overwrite the problematic ones?
If I understand your description correctly this works independently of the specific skills in the set, right?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Xifanie

FFMaster

Awesome stuff. We can fix Jump and Throw now!
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Vanya

Sweet! Do you need some testing done or is this thing pretty much 'in the bag'?
Also, I noticed it extends all the way into the monster skillsets. Can they be normalized as well?
¯\(°_0)/¯

Xifanie

I haven't tested monster skillsets. But it shouldn't matter as they are not generic human skillset to start with, which was the reason for this hack.
Maybe someone tested? I only converted the memory addresses to BATTLE.BIN and I did fucked up with this step before with other hacks.

Vanya

I'll give it a shot.
Speaking of memory addresses I have some questions for you about my concept for a Mime fix hack and/or Bard-Dancer split hack.
Re-pointing the the RAM addresses should be easy, but I'm guessing, to start,  I'm going to have to locate whatever algorithm it is that sets the values for a given unit's equipment & learned skills, right?
I'm guessing I'd be looking or something in the menu that checks the current unit's job value and has some sort of branching statement if it detects the value for Mime.
If it detects something other than Mime it should then branch to the algorithm I'm going to need to hack in order to rearrange what values are set.
Does that sound about right?
¯\(°_0)/¯

Xifanie

I'm already working on mime.
- Disabled Mimicry
- Enabled Equipment/Abilities
So now I just have to enable the Mimic Skillset, fuse the Bard/Dancer learnt abilities, and set Mime's to use the previous dancer ones.