• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 07:50:43 am

Swords to Guns

Started by Jon, October 05, 2010, 12:08:48 pm

Jon

Hi everyone. I got a problem: I am changing the swords into guns, however the animations in battle are messed up. For an example, I changed the Broad Sword to have a graphic of 2D, a palette of 0, range of 4, WP remained 4, EVA same, I changed the "Second Table" to 49 (but I have no idea what the second table is), got rid of striking and have direct and of course Sword to Gun. Why do the animations mess up then? It is a gun. Please please help me! Thanks in advance!
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Jon

I guess no one can help me. I read something yesterday somewhere on here (sorry for being so specific :| ) and realized that guns are glitchy. I think then I will have to work with the few guns that do exist. I think also Bow guns can be changed into guns, not 100% sure on that though.

VampragonLord

sounds like you missed SOMETHING, though idk what. Lemme check my broadsword and see if that helps, cause it seems to work fine on my patch....
*things in blue/changed*
pallete C
graphic 2D
item type gun
range 6
striking (unchecked now)
direct (checked)
holy element checked
If that doesnt work for you then i honestly dont know, thats the direct rip from FFTOMGTZ
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

Jon

I found out the problem is this: some work, some don't. Yeah, through trial and testing, I found that Broad and Long Swords work, Iron, Mythril, and Blood don't. I think bow guns are better to replace, they aren't as buggy.

Zozma

I have that problem too, I wanted to create some new axes, bows and knight swords but the gfx dont change properly :(
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Jon

It frustrated me so much that I couldn't make new guns that I gave up that patch. I wanted to have more or less the same FFT game story, but with practically only guns and throw bomb, so like a modern warfare type tactic game. 5 different jobs I was making: Soldier which is a Squire with 4 stat breakers from Knight, Medic which is a Chemist with Items, Sniper which has innate Concentrate and killing/disabling abilities, Bomber (or Bomb Expert) who throws bombs (was going to make a Grenade, Smoke/Flashbang and a paralyzing one), and the last hard to unlock job Gun Hero, which has innate 2 swords and magic shots. Only 5 jobs and it seems I could only use the 6 guns plus I was able to "create" 2 more from Broad Sword and Long Sword. They were all guns, but I had those in 3 groups: Hand Guns which were 2 swords compatible, rifles which were the Romanda and Mythril gun, 2 hands and long range, and magic gun guns which were 2 swords and had short range. I thought it was a good idea, but I realized that there just plain and simple were too few weapons and possibilities, making the game flat. Also, there are not enough terrain advantages to hide behind, this game was constructed so that most maps do have height differences, but not too many of them have walls which can cover you 100%, only a few. Too bad, maybe I'll work on another patch...

Zozma

I managed to turn one of the bags into a blue harp that looked perfect tho

Jon

I think it is possible to change stuff around through trial and error. I have a crazy theory (probably totally wrong) that any weapon can be changed to any other weapon, so long as you find a "suitable" X and Y value, as in 2D - 0 for Broad Sword into a Broad Gun. My theory is that if the Y value (the palette) doesn't work, just keep changing it and testing and eventually you will get a working weapon, but I cannot back this theory yet because it isn't fully tested. I will report if I do find this to be true.

Zozma

Well if you find one that can change into a knight sword let me know

Archael

Quote from: "Jon"I think it is possible to change stuff around through trial and error. I have a crazy theory (probably totally wrong) that any weapon can be changed to any other weapon, so long as you find a "suitable" X and Y value, as in 2D - 0 for Broad Sword into a Broad Gun. My theory is that if the Y value (the palette) doesn't work, just keep changing it and testing and eventually you will get a working weapon, but I cannot back this theory yet because it isn't fully tested. I will report if I do find this to be true.

I will gladly help test this if you send me patches with random settings