• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Need a bit of technical Info Please

Started by Jon, September 01, 2010, 09:49:36 am

Jon

Actually its sorta simple: I know that Simon appears in the ENTD tab under 100, 110 and 11E, but I need to know where Simon appears elsewhere (whats bothering me is Wiegraf's little encounter at Orbonne where Simon gives Ramza the Scriptures). I am almost complete with my newer tutorial, but I need this info first. Much thanks to anyone who helps!

Edit: I went through every single ENTD event, I think 1A9 is the encounter with Wiegraf where he becomes Velius for the first time, but Simon is not in the event anywhere. Help please!
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Pride

You are correct that 1A9 is that event where Wiegraf transforms but the reason why Simon isn't present is the same reason why Izlude sprite isn't part of that event. The Simon sprite is completely from EVTCHR.BIN, there is no sprite to remove/change from that scene.
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Jon

So if I change Simon's sprite to something else, he will still appear in the scene like normal? Thanks for the info Pride!

Jon

I played through up til that part when Simon is dying, and nothing changed. Answer solved!

Pride

Good! I figured I was right but its always better to be certain.
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?