• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 06:41:14 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Amici's sprites

Started by Amici, October 27, 2010, 10:58:08 am

Twinees

Its mainly the sprite's left glove that is making it seem odd, it seems to go too far back or i dunno. like you said, ill wait and see how it goes ;).
  • Modding version: PSX

Lijj

Glad you came back to this project, I, just last night, was a little concerned. The arm/animation fix should be super easy to correct. Keep it up. I'm actually exited; there are 4 sprites just about to be submitted(two vikings, a crusader and this).

Amici

Lol yeah, I really got tired from editing and checking and editing and checking, got sick of it. Needed the two week break really. I may be able to fix it tomorrow. So all I have to do is shrink the glove right? I'm thinking of adjusting the glove leftward by one pixel.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Twinees

yes moving it one pixel to the left should hopefully fix it :)

Amici

December 08, 2010, 01:06:17 am #124 Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 01:28:59 am by Amici
Here's the fix:

And here's the spritesheet :mrgreen:

Twinees

You've done a great job on this sprite. Eager to see what you come up with next Amici :)

Lijj

That Lamia's so good. I can't get over it..
 Also great job posting GIFs Amici.  This sprite is great; looks like it will definitely be approved.
Damn! I Wanted to stay at 666 posts. :oops:

Kagebunji

Want me to erase your last three posts and make you stay at 666, Lijj? Hehe. Twin, Lamia looks great, I forgot to reply to your PM(with my net being capped, it is hard to do anything), back frames hair looked great. You might consider enlarging the thing on her head though. I custom did this new head out of boredom, but I am sure you will do fine on yourself. Also you could try making her eyes more FFT style, they look weird a bit(her upper part IS human afteral, hehe).

Amici

I've submitted the sprite already, but I thought of adding some hair animations in case I try to update it. This is the first time I'd be fiddling with hair animations, so I'd like some critique before I decide to update the sprite with this :D

Cheetah

It is a start but you need to keep adding to it. You are doing the right amount of movement, you just need it in more areas. Though it can be subtler in those new areas. Make sense?
Current Projects:

Lijj

I guess I'll wait to update the sprite  page.. so the sprite will be extra nice with animated hair.

Amici

Ok, what about this? Any good? This is way harder than I thought...I might give this up and just imagine Dante has gelled up hair :P

EDIT: There's a weird pixel appearing in the upper right area of the hair in the 2nd animation, I fixed that already in the sheet lol

Cheetah

Front frame looks good, except a few pixels in the front of his head which are oddly motionless. The rear frame looks like it just needs a little bit of animation of his bangs moving. Just a few more pixels and it will be great :).
Current Projects:

Izirudo

-_- why go to the trouble of making animated hair for Dante? I don't think his hair can move like that (come on, it's not that long - just a very little bit longer than Ramza's).

Amici

Okay...what about this? :)

@Izirudo: Yeah, which is why I'm asking feedback if it's nice enough to put hair animations or not. If they look nice, I'll put them in; if not I'll leave them out. If I can't do them right, I won't put 'em in.

Cheetah

Well you are still improving it. Does anyone else have comments?
Current Projects:

Kill_Bones

I like the hair motion tbh. It makes the sprite seem more alive.

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....

Izirudo

On the realistic viewpoint, it doesn't make sense that short hair moves around while you walk, unless you're trying to say you used some special shampoo that makes your hair shines and smooth. Well, I just feel a bit weird about Dante's hair floating like he's in some sort of shampoo commercial. It's not a bad idea to learn about hair animation like this ;).

Amici

Meh, I'm scrapping the hair animations unless an overwhelming amount of people convince me otherwise, Izirudo you convinced me lol. I guess I got kinda jealous of all the hair anims I'm seeing in the other threads, and thought some of Dante's hair strands could use a lil movement. I'm keeping my sprite as is :D

Izirudo

Uh-huh, instead of improving an already good-looking sprite, it is more efficient to start working on another, or at least have a little break before working on your next sprite. Spriting is time-consuming, and definitely tiring if you always try to live up to the expectations of others. IMO I think you should give it another try with your next sprite - probably something with longer hair :)