• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:32:29 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Jon's Sprites

Started by Jon, December 09, 2009, 05:15:18 am

Jon

Something I'm working on. I stole the helmet from Smash so I wanna give credit to him. Thanks man  :mrgreen: The rest like the colors are mine, and from an existing palette. Pretty much a male Squire recolor with Smash's helmet, nothing too special. Any ideas or suggestions?
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Celdia

This thread not good enough for your sprites anymore, Jon?

The grey on the arms looks a little muddy, like the color is all bleeding together there without any real form. Otherwise it looks like a good start.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Jon

You're right, his arms are way too dark XD

Too lazy to search for my old threads, oh well...

Dome

Star Wars lolpatch incoming in 5...4...3...
P.s: Some global mod/sprite mod should merge this topic with the one Celdia linked in her post

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Jon

I'm surprised this hasn't been done yet (I searched the forums, if I missed one please point it out and I'll stop this project)

I'm trying to make the real FF 7 Cloud as in the one with the purple suit. Why they changed him for FFT is beyond me since they pretty much kept the same clothes style. I've already gone and changed all his blues to Vormav's purples and now I'm gonna go in and manually change the black "shirt" to a purple one (as seen in a few poses already). I think I'll change the redish brown shoes and gloves to a darker non-redish hue. I'll attempt a new portrait later too. Lemme know what you think, its been a long long time since I made a human FFT character...

Cherrie

Oh hey this looks pretty nice in game. I was kind of worried about the purple but nevermind that. I think darkening the boots and gloves is good too.

Jon

Update. I'm almost done with all the back poses, and now the boots and glove are much better (Ramza chapter 1 browns). All I have left are a few back poses and practically all the front poses. I know this isn't exactly a real sprite (from scratch) but whatever, it still could use some crits, I hope I'm doing this right...

3lric

I was a bit hesitant at first, but I must say the color change actually does remind me a lot more of the Cloud from FF7 then the one that Square made for FFT.

Keep it up, I'm curious to see how the whole thing turns out

EDIT: Post number 666  :twisted:

Dome

Quote from: Elric42 on April 20, 2012, 08:19:27 am
I was a bit hesitant at first, but I must say the color change actually does remind me a lot more of the Cloud from FF7 then the one that Square made for FFT.

Keep it up, I'm curious to see how the whole thing turns out

EDIT: Post number 666  :twisted:

EVIL!
I like it Jon, very FF7-esque

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Jon

Thanks guys :mrgreen:

A special thank you out to Taichii, he pointed out that I missed 1 frame (front getting attacked) and that the front critical was too dark, lightened it up a bit, thanks again man!

If you want a new portrait, I'd suggest you make your own, I tried and it looked bad. I'm submitting this sprite.

Taichii

Quote from: Jon on April 20, 2012, 03:04:49 pm
Thanks guys :mrgreen:

A special thank you out to Taichii, he pointed out that I missed 1 frame (front getting attacked) and that the front critical was too dark, lightened it up a bit, thanks again man!

If you want a new portrait, I'd suggest you make your own, I tried and it looked bad. I'm submitting this sprite.

hoho no problem man ;)
Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"

Jon

Kinda made just for fun, but kinda looks like Assassin's Creed's main character, Altair...

Ramza chapter 1's browns for the leather armor and Rafa's whites for the cloak.

Jon

I think I'll still try to make a new portrait for Cloud, any ideas?

Eternal

How about something like this?

Minus the nose, of course. :P
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

3lric

Well that is a direct rip, :P it would still need to be made more FFT-ish

Taichii

"Desperation"

Jon

Yeah lol. Taichii that last one you made looks creepily accurate :mrgreen:

Taichii

Quote from: Jon on April 24, 2012, 04:07:12 pm
Yeah lol. Taichii that last one you made looks creepily accurate :mrgreen:

use it as reference XD

"Desperation"

Jon

Hey guys, I've been working on trying to make a new Dark Knight or Assassin type sprite, but since I haven't sprited anything in a long time and I don't have too much time to work on anything, I decided for a frankensprite. Right now the colors are absolutely wrong, so please ignore them if you can, I will most likely swap out Ramza's blues for dark greys / blacks in the long run. I'll also make the pants dark grey to get rid of the famous "butt pants". I am only using 3 sprites to make this: Chapter 4 Ramza, Gafgarion for his helmet and generic male Ninja for his lower head concealment. Actually, weirdly enough this does look freakishly similar to my Dark Knight sprite I made, only difference is the Ninja mask and body. Looks kinda like my portrait...Other than that, I dunno what to say, please gimme crits/feedback and tell me if you like this or not. Thanks  :mrgreen:

Kihaku_FTW

EYE WIL NEVR FINDD UT IT IS RAMZEY BEHND HELMT OF GREFGERION NAD NINJOS MSKA.

Edit: You ruined the whole fame of Ch.4 Ramza, his Butt-Pantsu. How will we love this sprite now?
Insert Comedic Signature Here