• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:13:02 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

please add a nintendo tactics/a2 section!?

Started by itoikenza, September 13, 2010, 02:56:04 pm

LightningHax

Quote from: "Mimi"IMHO, FFT will always be better than FFTA, but I can see real potential with FFTA.
Just like with a hack of FFT, the whole storyline of FFTA could be rewritten. The
characters could have more depth and personality, and the storyline could be
less childish. I think it would be great to have a FFTA/FFTA2 forum here. I know
that with the help of all the talented hackers and spriters on this forum, a lot of
progress can be made.

Archael

ffta707 and his small forum / community should be moved here

our goals are so similar and FFTA / FFT communities would only benefit each-other

seriously what are we waiting for?

Jon

Quoteseriously what are we waiting for?
[attachment=0:1xdxlik7]avatar.png[/attachment:1xdxlik7]      ^This dude(ss).
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

ffta707

Well, zodiac is giving free hosting. I made a banner for it too. If we could combine the two, it would be huge. Darthatron (A member of my site), is already making programs for ability hacking, and other things. I am making a program for Job editing, so we already have progress. I can ask the moderators, because right now, they are very important members.

If you agree zodiac, it would be a great addition to both sites.

Edit: A2 is not currently on my site, but I suppose I could add it, since there is tools out for it.

Zaen

Darthatron from Pokecommunity? NICE. I love his editors!
"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar

ffta707

Quote from: "Zaen"Darthatron from Pokecommunity? NICE. I love his editors!

That's the one.

DaveSW

Modding FFTA is the only way I can enjoy the game.  I always get rid of the laws, and I always rebalance Marche's stats so that I can make him whatever I want, as opposed to having to choose between making him a slow-ass tank or just plain worthless.  

The only real problem I see with the game is that there is no charging for any skills, and I doubt that it could be implemented at all.  Sucky AI can be fixed, I'm pretty sure.
Every other problem, (Laws, horrible stat balance between jobs, etc,) can be fixed.
I am awesome.

ffta707

Quote from: "DaveSW"Modding FFTA is the only way I can enjoy the game.  I always get rid of the laws, and I always rebalance Marche's stats so that I can make him whatever I want, as opposed to having to choose between making him a slow-ass tank or just plain worthless.  

The only real problem I see with the game is that there is no charging for any skills, and I doubt that it could be implemented at all.  Sucky AI can be fixed, I'm pretty sure.
Every other problem, (Laws, horrible stat balance between jobs, etc,) can be fixed.

You know how to get rid of laws?

Eternal

I once heard of a Gameshark code to do just that. Not 100% on that, though.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

DaveSW

Yeah, the game shark codes to get rid of all laws are on gamefaqs.  Easy to do, and completely bug free, as far as I can tell.  Makes the game actually fun. Well, that, and hacking Marche's stats to be in line with whatever class you want him to be.  I like him to be a Black Mage, so I adjust his stats accordingly.
I am awesome.

ffta707

Quote from: "DaveSW"Yeah, the game shark codes to get rid of all laws are on gamefaqs.  Easy to do, and completely bug free, as far as I can tell.  Makes the game actually fun. Well, that, and hacking Marche's stats to be in line with whatever class you want him to be.  I like him to be a Black Mage, so I adjust his stats accordingly.

That sounds fun. I expected it to be game shark, but last time I checked, there wasn't one like that.

Jon

FFTA, maybe if you make a program in the future like that, you could like in the FFTPatcher add gameshark codes like the "No Laws" and that should really speed things up! This sounds quite interesting! ;)

DaveSW

Here is the game shark code to get rid of all laws, taken from the Gameshark Advance Code FAQ on Gamefaqs:

74A54696 E9ACD1CA
FCE6740A 33EDE7F8

If you are using an emulator, you don't need to enter the master code. If you are using a GBA, then you will also need to input this code, (also taken from the same FAQ):

EA995F78 808AC7FC
15354346 20E97650

I strongly recommend you look up the FAQ if you plan on replaying FFTA, as well as the other code FAQS.  Like I said before, I hate how Marche's starting stats force you to make him a tank, so I edit them.
I am awesome.

ffta707

Quote from: "DaveSW"Here is the game shark code to get rid of all laws, taken from the Gameshark Advance Code FAQ on Gamefaqs:

74A54696 E9ACD1CA
FCE6740A 33EDE7F8

If you are using an emulator, you don't need to enter the master code. If you are using a GBA, then you will also need to input this code, (also taken from the same FAQ):

EA995F78 808AC7FC
15354346 20E97650

I strongly recommend you look up the FAQ if you plan on replaying FFTA, as well as the other code FAQS.  Like I said before, I hate how Marche's starting stats force you to make him a tank, so I edit them.

Ha! That code is awesome. Definitely makes the game more playable.

I didn't know you could  fine tune his stats like that with codes, that is great.

Also, will do Jon. Just gotta get started on all of that.

Jon

Thanks Dave, man this looks pretty good! Now if only there was a game shark code that switches the "protection from death" that the judges give to every map, every battle to have the penalty of death just like the jagds. No laws and perma-death. Perfect set up to start making a more balanced FFTA.

GeneralStrife

Kagebunji

Wtf Zod, such fusion could be a nice addition, what are you waiting for. Gimme link to that site, FFTA, kay.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

ffta707

Quote from: "Kagebunji"Wtf Zod, such fusion could be a nice addition, what are you waiting for. Gimme link to that site, FFTA, kay.

hacktacticsadvance.tk

Jon

Yeah, Kage should join it so we get more spriters going...

Join Kage! :mrgreen:

Kagebunji

I joined. Boy, am I surprised, FFTA is an admin there! Hehe.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown