• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

January 19, 2022, 03:34:02 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

The Lion War 2.0 Bug Reports

Started by Elric, September 17, 2021, 12:03:36 am

Xifanie

September 25, 2021, 10:24:52 pm #20 Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 01:11:44 am by Elric
(minor) The NG+ Factual Events description doesn't mention to press Start to enter

Fixed
-Elric
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Akashachi

September 26, 2021, 09:59:03 pm #21 Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 12:55:56 am by Elric
Celebrant Bremondt has a Sasuke Blade on his head slot during the Bravestory Rendezvous. According to the wikia, he is supposed to be wearing a Gold Hairpin

Fixed
-Elric
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Elric

Everything before this post, has been fixed or otherwise addressed in TLW 2.02. Please update to that version.
<@Angel> Teach a man to fish and he'll open up a fishery to compete against yours.

Journey of the Five Youtube ChannelThe Lion War Current Status

Jot5 Leader :: Eventer :: OtherTLW Leader :: Eventer :: Other

Akashachi

October 01, 2021, 08:14:46 am #23 Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 01:38:14 pm by Nyzer
The Guarded Temple is still not working as intended. You can only finish it if you kill both bots at the same time, while the WotL version just requires you to kill the bot twice (who immediately turns into a chest after that)

Temporarily broken even further, fixes will come later
- Nyzer

Mr. Misplays

October 01, 2021, 11:04:07 pm #24 Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 01:38:55 pm by Nyzer
When trying to trigger the event that plays when Cloud gets injured during his recruitment battle, the event in which Ramza meets Aeris for the first time plays out again instead.

The battle ends abruptly after letting all the text play out. If you choose 2 during this, the battle will restart once you try to go to another location on the map. Choosing 1 will lock you out of retrying.

This was done on 2.02 using pSX and Duckstation and no additional ASMs were used.

Should be fixed now
- Nyzer

Akashachi

October 02, 2021, 12:29:04 pm #25 Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 01:41:36 pm by Nyzer
The Guarded Temple currently has a bug in version 2.021 which will softlock the fight at the end. Mod author is already aware and a fix will be provided eventually.

Until then, players who may wish to try that Rendezvous are advised to use the previous version 2.02 just for this battle in specific. Battle conditions are similar to WotL but requires you to kill both ??? bots at the same time to be completed.

Should be fixed in a future update. Anyone who wants to self-fix in the meantime can compile the attached event into their TEST.EVT file - that should make it good to go.
- Nyzer

Xifanie

The sound test song titles and descriptions are gone... though as we use Kanji space for hacks, all that text would need to be translated anyway.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Xifanie

The difficulty hack allows removed/moved/benched units that are now gone to affect party level

Fix provided here:

Amici

October 15, 2021, 07:41:55 pm #28 Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 08:09:13 pm by Amici
Hi there, I'm trying to build my own ISO of TLW 2.021 (to put in my own edits of Ramza's skills). According to the tutorial, by using Shishi 0.493 B7, there should be no need to expand the ISO.

QuoteNOTE: You will need to expand your clean image with Shishi before adding all the sprites, if you are creating a build from scratch. However, as of .493 B7, Shishi no longer needs to increase your image size to expand the iso, fixing several bugs.

However, when I tried to insert Bremondt's sprite (Sprite>Import BMP...), I am met with this error:

What am I doing wrong? I am using a BIN/CUE of FFT (with file size 541 315 152 bytes). I used the ShishiSpriteEditor.exe in /6. TLW ASM (Patch Last)/ASM (FFTP .493 B7)/. I was able to properly insert Aliste's sprite, then changed both SHP and SEQ to TYPE1. I proceeded with 3B - Bremondt Type 2.bmp, then I got the above-mentioned error.

Addendum:
Also, according to the instructions here: https://i.imgur.com/o12AYZy.jpg
I should use FFTPatcher 492 to patch only DATA xml. And yet, the included folder in the Resources download are only version 493 B7 and 482. The exact folder name inside the The Lion War 2.021 Resources.7z I downloaded is /6. TLW ASM (Patch Last)/DATA (FFTP .482)/. Is this just a typo? Apologies for being "neurotic" about the instructions, I am trying to follow the instructions to the letter but I am confused by some of the inconsistencies and errors I have encountered, since there's no mention of this in the tutorial.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Elric

Quote from: Amici on October 15, 2021, 07:41:55 pmHi there, I'm trying to build my own ISO of TLW 2.021 (to put in my own edits of Ramza's skills). According to the tutorial, by using Shishi 0.493 B7, there should be no need to expand the ISO.

However, when I tried to insert Bremondt's sprite (Sprite>Import BMP...), I am met with this error:

What am I doing wrong? I am using a BIN/CUE of FFT (with file size 541 315 152 bytes). I used the ShishiSpriteEditor.exe in /6. TLW ASM (Patch Last)/ASM (FFTP .493 B7)/. I was able to properly insert Aliste's sprite, then changed both SHP and SEQ to TYPE1. I proceeded with 3B - Bremondt Type 2.bmp, then I got the above-mentioned error.

Addendum:
Also, according to the instructions here: https://i.imgur.com/o12AYZy.jpg
I should use FFTPatcher 492 to patch only DATA xml. And yet, the included folder in the Resources download are only version 493 B7 and 482. The exact folder name inside the The Lion War 2.021 Resources.7z I downloaded is /6. TLW ASM (Patch Last)/DATA (FFTP .482)/. Is this just a typo? Apologies for being "neurotic" about the instructions, I am trying to follow the instructions to the letter but I am confused by some of the inconsistencies and errors I have encountered, since there's no mention of this in the tutorial.

The tutorial does not say anything about not needing to expand the image. It tells you you DO still need to expand it. It just mentions that the expand method in newer shishi no longer increases the image size. You are misreading what was written...

482 was originally mislabeled as 492, use the packaged resources as instructed and ignore the typo
<@Angel> Teach a man to fish and he'll open up a fishery to compete against yours.

Amici

Quote from: Elric on October 15, 2021, 09:56:05 pmThe tutorial does not say anything about not needing to expand the image. It tells you you DO still need to expand it. It just mentions that the expand method in newer shishi no longer increases the image size. You are misreading what was written...

482 was originally mislabeled as 492, use the packaged resources as instructed and ignore the typo

Noted. I appreciate the reply. I'll try again and see if I run into any problems.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Mr. Misplays

October 18, 2021, 04:19:03 am #31 Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 03:03:42 am by Mr. Misplays Reason: crossing out misinformation.
Pressing Select to bring up the help menu during certain segments of the sound novels can lock the game's controls after returning to the Brave Story.

The sound effect will play as if a help menu was brought up, but no message appears nor does the game pause for it. After exiting the novel, the Brave Story menu turns dark blue as if the game thinks that a help message is currently being displayed.

At this point the only thing you can do is replay the novel you're currently on, but the Select button becomes disabled for all future playthroughs. can end up being permanently disabled either at random or if triggered on specific pages. You can also back out of the screen that allows you to play the novel, but that will lock the player in place like shown in the picture and the only way out is to reset the game.

For Diary of Nanai, this can happen when pressing Select during Nanai Valencia's segment at the beginning as well as the very last page of text in the ending.

For Wyuvle, this can happen in a lot of pages, most notably during the true ending. Most common factors of this bug occurring in this novel are during pages with giant walls of text and where the tabs for the Square button to scroll and the Start button to pause on the bottom corners don't display.

I've found no issues currently with the M-Fiction Novel.

This was done on 2.021 using pSX and Duckstation. The only ASM applied was Xifanie's smart encounters.

Elric

Quote from: Mr. Misplays on October 18, 2021, 04:19:03 amPressing Select to bring up the help menu during certain segments of the sound novels can lock the game's controls after returning to the Brave Story.

The sound effect will play as if a help menu was brought up, but no message appears nor does the game pause for it. After exiting the novel, the Brave Story menu turns dark blue as if the game thinks that a help message is currently being displayed.

At this point the only thing you can do is replay the novel you're currently on, but the Select button becomes disabled for all future playthroughs. You can also back out of the screen that allows you to play the novel, but that will lock the player in place like shown in the picture and the only way out is to reset the game.

For Diary of Nanai, this can happen when pressing Select during Nanai Valencia's segment at the beginning as well as the very last page of text in the ending.

For Wyuvle, this can happen in a lot of pages, most notably during the true ending. Most common factors of this bug occurring in this novel are during pages with giant walls of text and where the tabs for the Square button to scroll and the Start button to pause on the bottom corners don't display.

I've found no issues currently with the M-Fiction Novel.

This was done on 2.021 using pSX and Duckstation. The only ASM applied was Xifanie's smart encounters.

Can you please provide screenshots of the pages this happens on?

Mr. Misplays

Quote from: Elric on October 19, 2021, 07:05:31 pmCan you please provide screenshots of the pages this happens on?
Here are the screenshots for the Diary of Nanai.

The first being the prologue.
I realized that the triggering the bug on the Prologue screen was what caused the Select button to be disabled for the rest of the game. I might've been wrong about the Select button being disabled by just returning to the Brave Story after triggering the bug.

TLW2_942.21_19102021_163022_0805.png

The second being the page in the ending.
When I pressed Select at the ending (without doing so at the Prologue) and then replayed the novel, I was able to press Select on a page that can display the Help menu properly and exit out of the Brave Story as normal.

TLW2_942.21_19102021_171203_0264.png

Sena

so sorry if this isn't the appropriate place to report it, this is more of an inconsistency with WotL than a bug: Is it intentional that mighty sword whiffs on monsters? On WotL they modified so that it would only whiff on units with maintenance, but it would still do damage and not break equipments either if the unit didn't have the equipment targeted by the ability or if it targeted a monster.

I used shellbust stab on a black goblin in sweegy woods btw. Can record a video to reproduce it if necessary.

Thanks again for this amazing mod!

Mr. Misplays

Here's the link to all of the pages in which the bug occurs in Wyuvle.
It's organized according to which scene each page first appeared in.

For anyone else curious, if you haven't played it yet, there are major spoilers in this link.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/n90g9dgzt3j7kzr/AADVUoMLj1IuefowZ6fTFwpNa?dl=0

minasetaki

1. character missing after finishing proposition
2. screen get glitched when select mythril sword in weapon section in lionel castle shop, but fine when select armor/acc/item/

Xifanie

Dark Knight's spillover JP affects Bard/Dancer Total JP of the opposite gender

JusticeBringer

Kletian, Balk, and Rofel's entries are displayed as 2B2, 2C2, and 292 respectively in Brave Story.
PSDX6D3D768.bmpPSDX6D3D769.bmpPSDX6D3D770.bmp

Master's portrait from the Soldier's Office is shown instead of the Clerk's in the Fur Shop when inventory is full.
PSDX6D3D772.bmp

Bremondt's Holy Priest Job Class description is empty.
PSDX6D3D796.bmp

Also, at Mandalia in Chapter 1, I chose to save Algus so that the party's Brave won't go down in the Fort Zeakden fight, yet the game treats it as if I chose to defeat all enemies, so the party's Brave went down anyway regardless of choice.

Xifanie

RDV - The Guarded Temple
Unable to complete. If you kill the ??? Worker on the right, it's going to loop infinitely the 95% message, even triggering an immortal dead worker to become a treasure?! I'm worried this is a bug with the Event Instruction Upgrade Hack, but it might also have to do with conditionals.

Treasure Wheel
Odds to get a gold chest are at least 2x what they claim. It's very difficult to NOT get a gold chest once it hits 40%.
No silver chests ever.

Dark Knight
AI can use Dark Knight abilities regardless of whether or not those abilities were learned. Probably because the game considers Darkness a non-generic skillset and thus grants full availability to the skillset

Barrage
Sometimes the AI on its first turn will forget its weapon range, and even with a gun, will go and punch a target. This only seems to happen to Balthier when he has Barrage accessible.

Soldier Office
The window to select Yes/No when confirming a new recruit's name is visually gone, but still functions as normal.