• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

The Lion War 2.0 Bug Reports

Started by Elric, September 17, 2021, 12:03:36 am

Elric

Please use this topic for any bug reports on TLW 2.0 going forward.

While its great to hear about the bugs on discord, it will get lost.
  • Modding version: PSX
<@Angel> Teach a man to fish and he'll open up a fishery to compete against yours.

Journey of the Five Youtube ChannelThe Lion War Current Status

Jot5 Leader :: Eventer :: OtherTLW Leader :: Eventer :: Other

Mr. Misplays

October 01, 2021, 11:04:07 pm #1 Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 04:51:30 pm by Elric
When trying to trigger the event that plays when Cloud gets injured during his recruitment battle, the event in which Ramza meets Aeris for the first time plays out again instead.

The battle ends abruptly after letting all the text play out. If you choose 2 during this, the battle will restart once you try to go to another location on the map. Choosing 1 will lock you out of retrying.

This was done on 2.02 using pSX and Duckstation and no additional ASMs were used.

Should be fixed now
- Nyzer

Xifanie

October 03, 2021, 04:23:19 am #2 Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 06:40:15 pm by Elric
The sound test song titles and descriptions are gone... though as we use Kanji space for hacks, all that text would need to be translated anyway.

Text re-added
- Elric
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Xifanie

October 11, 2021, 12:40:37 am #3 Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 04:14:05 pm by Elric
The difficulty hack allows removed/moved/benched units that are now gone to affect party level

Fix provided here:

Fixed
- Elric
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Mr. Misplays

October 20, 2021, 03:11:34 am #4 Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 06:53:20 pm by Elric
Here are the screenshots for the Diary of Nanai.

The first being the prologue.
I realized that the triggering the bug on the Prologue screen was what caused the Select button to be disabled for the rest of the game. I might've been wrong about the Select button being disabled by just returning to the Brave Story after triggering the bug.

The second being the page in the ending.
When I pressed Select at the ending (without doing so at the Prologue) and then replayed the novel, I was able to press Select on a page that can display the Help menu properly and exit out of the Brave Story as normal.

Fixed
-Elric

Mr. Misplays

October 22, 2021, 03:10:04 am #5 Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 07:08:10 pm by Elric
Here's the link to all of the pages in which the bug occurs in Wyuvle.
It's organized according to which scene each page first appeared in.

For anyone else curious, if you haven't played it yet, there are major spoilers in this link.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/n90g9dgzt3j7kzr/AADVUoMLj1IuefowZ6fTFwpNa?dl=0

Fixed -Elric

JusticeBringer

November 27, 2021, 09:55:35 pm #6 Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 06:32:40 pm by Elric
Kletian, Balk, and Rofel's entries are displayed as 2B2, 2C2, and 292 respectively in Brave Story.
Removed Biography Variable increases so this won't happen in Continue+ anymore. -Elric

Master's portrait from the Soldier's Office is shown instead of the Clerk's in the Fur Shop when inventory is full.
This is a vanilla bug. -Elric

Bremondt's Holy Priest Job Class description is empty.
Fixed -Elric

Xifanie

November 28, 2021, 06:52:30 am #7 Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 06:33:02 pm by Elric
Soldier Office
The window to select Yes/No when confirming a new recruit's name is visually gone, but still functions as normal.

RetroTypes

January 10, 2022, 04:27:00 am #8 Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 07:47:10 pm by Elric
Rediscovered a bug I'd found a while back and just thought about, the new units added to the brave story "persons" tab (Ashley Riot and Balthier) don't get their bio's updated upon dying/leaving the party due to Br/Fa. Xif made a spreadsheet to fix this, though I don't think it's been thoroughly tested.

https://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=12575.msg229069#msg229069

Fixed (as much as i can)
-Elric

Nyzer

January 12, 2022, 01:46:38 pm #9 Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 04:49:15 pm by Elric
Ashley Riot's skills "Iron Ripper" and "Ignis Wheel" don't mention in their descriptions that they're usable with Axes, even though they are.

Fixed
- Elric
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • Discord username: Nyzer

Nyzer

February 16, 2022, 02:12:20 am #10 Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 06:47:24 pm by Elric
Just for the sake of adding it to the list, since it has already been mentioned on Discord:

I included a second Beowulf in the Bremondt fight for eventing purposes, but fucked up and left load and save formation checked, causing the actual Beowulf's stats not to be saved at the end of the fight. He'll always walk away from that fight with the stats he started it with.

Fixed
- Elric

Nyzer

March 06, 2022, 06:58:18 pm #11 Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 06:48:33 pm by Elric
MP Restore has HP restores description

Fixed
- Elric

Nyzer

April 27, 2022, 03:34:50 am #12 Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 04:12:40 pm by Elric
With the event consolidation, a particularly nasty bug has come to light: Floating or Jumping units who have an InflictStatus anywhere in any event script that's called will have that status automatically applied at the start of an event.

That means any units using Jump during a mid-battle scene vs. Balk will get poisoned again. And if you use Float on Reis in the underground tunnel, she'll crystallize at the start of the victory.

Glain and Talcall was put together a fix for this on Discord, and I've included it in the InflictStatus wiki page.

Fixed
- Elric

Nyzer

April 29, 2022, 01:05:48 am #13 Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 04:48:48 pm by Elric
The latest Event Instruction Upgrade Hack should now allow victories to trigger before crystallization and spell casts every time.

However, it also breaks ResetUnitCalculations. (Thankfully, TLW doesn't use that as far as I can tell.)

Fixed
- Elric

Nyzer

April 30, 2022, 12:00:25 am #14 Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 04:12:52 pm by Elric
I took the time to address the visual bug in the Balthier event, in which Ramza is supposed to dodge a hit but does not. I changed the dodge into a parry to further differentiate the fixed version.

I also took the time to incorporate some of Balthier's EVTCHR because he's a showy bastard, and set up edits to the event to make it compliant with Kori's Alternate Map Pack by checking if tile 01,15's Height has been altered.

Fixed
- Elric

Akashachi

May 05, 2022, 08:13:01 pm #15 Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 04:13:01 pm by Elric
Bug: Barrage is doing full damage

Test fix via Barrage Update
- Elric

KiraHokuten

Shouldnt the efftect of gun work with Barrage? it's only doing normal attack with elemental guns via barrage.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Nyzer

It does - it just doesn't show the spell effects.

KiraHokuten

Quote from: Nyzer on July 19, 2022, 10:58:34 amIt does - it just doesn't show the spell effects.

i see, thank you.

Im not sure about this bug, im on new+ and the shield (escutcheon II or Kaiser Plate or  Venetian Shield) keeps missing when in battle from any characters. From the time i equip them and when battle starts all characters with shield suddenly had none.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Nyzer

The EVSP folder for TLW's Resources has the wrong offset on Agrias' Birthday.