• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 01:26:43 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Ultima and Altima sprites, same screen equals glitch

Started by ParryPupPup, April 04, 2022, 07:00:29 am

ParryPupPup

The "Angel Form" and the Skeleton forms I mean. Having both on screen glitch one or the other out. Is there ANY workaround to this or is it hardcoded under 19000 terratons of coding?
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Puppy

3lric

Quote from: ParryPupPup on April 04, 2022, 07:00:29 amThe "Angel Form" and the Skeleton forms I mean. Having both on screen glitch one or the other out. Is there ANY workaround to this or is it hardcoded under 19000 terratons of coding?

Likely a limitation of VRAM. The game could very well only be able to handle one of those at a time, or possibly be coded to only allow one at a time. No idea

Xifanie

Considering what you're experiencing, I can only guess that KANZEN/KANZEN2's SHP/SEQ are allocated to the same memory address. It might require sacrificing something else in order to load both...

Either way, some fairly tedious ASM hacking would be involved.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful