• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 06:06:48 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Stat Calculation Spreadsheets?

Started by Darkholme, November 28, 2014, 04:08:01 am

Darkholme

Has anyone done up a spreadsheet that will allow you to punch in the variables of a class, and it spits out the stats you an expect to have at leach level, or possibly charts them in a graph?
How about one that allows you to see what various formulas will spit out, damage wise, based on stats per level for a class?

Or is that something I would have to come up with myself if I am wanting to have some numbers crunched for class balancing?

advfox

• Modding version: PSX

Darkholme

That is quite neat.

That is similar to what I am looking for.

But I want ither a customizable spreadsheet to start from, or to know how that works, so that I can balance the classes in a hack I am working on with a large number of custom classes.

kyozo22

November 28, 2014, 05:50:35 pm #3 Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 07:41:19 pm by kyozo22
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9143.0

You'll probably want this. It's Raven's fantastic spreadsheets that you can customize for different growths/ modifiers etc.
  • Modding version: WotL

Darkholme

Oh, thank you Kyozo. That's going to save me so much time.

I was in the middle of making my own sheet based on what I was able to find, and comparing the two, I was on the right track but it would have taken me quite a while to get there.

So, when I am designing abilities (such as Crush Punch, to take an example). How do the formulas factor in? How do weapon stats factor into the formulas?