• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:55:29 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Question About the Bio/Bio 2/Bio 3 abilities

Started by csudderth1, February 12, 2021, 11:13:03 pm

csudderth1

So, I noticed that there are multiple copies of the Bio, Bio 2, and Bio 3 abilities and each inflict a different status effect. Would it cause any issues to create three new status effects (4D, 4E, 4F) that have each of the status effects as random, edit the appropriate skill sets, and then use the other skill slots for something else? For example, Bio has three variations that ether cause darkness, confusion, or poison. I would like to consolidate it down to one skill that randomly inflicts darkness, confusion or poison. I know how to do this and have already done it, but don't want to put too much work into what I'm doing just for all of it to be in vain. I just saw in FFTPatcher that a lot of changes have already been made in "Inflict Statuses."

Thank you so much!
  • Modding version: PSX

3lric

Quote from: csudderth1 on February 12, 2021, 11:13:03 pmSo, I noticed that there are multiple copies of the Bio, Bio 2, and Bio 3 abilities and each inflict a different status effect. Would it cause any issues to create three new status effects (4D, 4E, 4F) that have each of the status effects as random, edit the appropriate skill sets, and then use the other skill slots for something else? For example, Bio has three variations that ether cause darkness, confusion, or poison. I would like to consolidate it down to one skill that randomly inflicts darkness, confusion or poison. I know how to do this and have already done it, but don't want to put too much work into what I'm doing just for all of it to be in vain. I just saw in FFTPatcher that a lot of changes have already been made in "Inflict Statuses."

Thank you so much!

The goal of TLW is to be a base mod, we change very very little about vanilla. It's mainly to add in the WotL context, with original release dialogue.

TLW: Recruits, another mod I work on, uses TLW as a base and already consolidates all the BIO abilities.

Squaresoft

(1st variant) Bio has a Green Bubbles animation (and cause darkness),
(2nd variant) Bio has an Oily Bubbles animation (and cause poison),
(3rd variant) Bio has a Purple Bubbles animation (and cause oil),

(1st variant) Bio 2 has a Green Bubble-Geyser animation (frog),
(2nd variant) Bio 2 has a Gray/White Geyser animation (slow),
(3rd variant) Bio 2 has a Bloody Geyser animation (silence),
(3th variant) Bio 2 has a Purple Bubble-Geyser animation (petrify),

(1st variant) Bio 3 has a Green Soul animation (Undead),
(2nd variant) Bio 3 has a Pink Soul animation (Dead),
(3rd variant) Bio 3 has a Light-Purple Soul animation (Petrify),

I think I have NEVER seen Queklain cast darkness, oil, slow or silence,
he prefers the most killing moves, giving him "Random" would:
•give him a small nerf
•remove certain animations from within the vanilla experience.

Same happens with the 3 "Small Bomb" attacks and...
...most Monsters basic attacks, they are all "the same" but, with small unique effects and sounds.
Most people won't notice nor miss them (I would), but removing these will reduce the game's original attention-quality and love.

Another skill you may like to consider for yourself is consolidating Reis and Monster Dragon's breaths,
You will have to nerf the Dragon's 50+ MA to give them the stronger Reis's breaths.