• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 26, 2024, 10:45:53 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFTacText.

Started by Kupoe, January 20, 2010, 10:20:33 pm

Kupoe

January 20, 2010, 10:20:33 pm Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 10:25:20 pm by Kupoe
K so how do i use this effectively? i notice when i change stuff. i get... "garbage" for the lack of a better term, in my game.  

i simply want to change Squire to Paladin.  i notice that the width changes from 26 to 28 when i do this. so how do i go about editing this so i dont get issues?

VampragonLord

Your topic title is overly vague, you give no HINT of what you are trying to do, besides "width" (which makes me THINK of tactext). and what issues are you getting to begin with?
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

Kupoe

oh wtf. ffhacktics?  

lol I meant FFTactext.

im having trouble using it. as i get graphical garbage after i use it, that i know isnt supposed to be there. i assume its tied to fftactext.  so how do i use tactext, without killing my game that way?

VampragonLord

where do you get it? in game? on the patcher itself? on your lunch? details details details.
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

Kupoe

in status. particularly underneath ramza's jobskills.  after his menu "ends" its garbage the fills up the rest.

philsov

the width changing really doesn't do anything -- you can go from squire to paladin no problem.  Squire to superultraawesomepaladin might mess with the game, simply because thats just a very very long name.  

similarly you'll get an error where after accessing a bad patch of text with all sorts of kanji and just lines and lines of text everywhere.  This is caused by a bad text entry, and usually fixed by adding a {newline} command onto a character-heavy line.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Paheej

Phil is completely correct, as usual.  I had this happen to me last night actually, with ability descriptions.  Simply reduce the length of your culprit line by placing the "{Newline}" tag earlier in the line.

Another note is that in FFTacText you can create a new line with "Shift+Enter" you still need to add the new line tags.  That little piece of useful information seems to be absent from the documentation (but I found it by searching these forums.