• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:50:34 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

A quick small edit..rate it pls.

Started by Vangpride, July 28, 2010, 03:31:55 am

Vangpride

[center:t1gi6sln]Cloud with Weigrafs body. How does it look like?

[/center:t1gi6sln]

RolyTunedIn

the first frame, his head dont look like its on right. the dead poses looks like ramzas head. other than that it looks decent

mav

The sprite doesn't look to bad. The portrait needs a little work, specifically the eyes and mouth. The mouth is nearly transparent and the eyes look kinda shocked. Good start though.

Vangpride

Vangpride

[center:3fh1p6bq]Better? Also quick question, how do you make your custom spirte work?

[/center:3fh1p6bq]

RolyTunedIn

your first frame still have that head problem. it looks like you need to move it one or two pixels down. to put it in game, just import it using shishi once you complete your sprite

Smash

Quote from: "Vangpride"Also quick question, how do you make your custom spirte work?

It's when you draw things up from scratch instead of borrowing them from other sprites. This way you have much more freedom than when editing, as you can just make anything you want.

Limits to this get reduced to grid size, and most importantly, drawing/pixeling skill.

Vangpride

I tried to import it to shishi but is says error..what did i do wrong this time..?

jimmyjw88

What kind of error?
Is your file bmp? And 256 bits colours?
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

RandMuadDib

and are you trying to import to a psx or psp version?
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

Vangpride

yes i saved it as a bmp, 256 color..all i did is replace bodies or heads, no color changing or anything. The Psp version Rand.

MasterGrand

What is type program use if you edit sprite ?
I think your problem color depth .

I advise you to use GraphicsGale FreeEdition for edit sprite

Good luck & forward !! ^^
Let's be together !!

Vangpride

I used Paint as it was what some people recommended. I think Zodiac recommended it also. Awww :(

GeneralStrife

paint is fine, just no way to track how many colors are in the sprite with it

Vangpride

Yea but all i did was replace heads and etc..zzz man :(

MasterGrand

Don't use paint it is too hard , do what i said download GraphicsGale FreeEdition .
Good luck .
Let's be together !!

Vangpride

But i'm unsure how to use it. When i open a sprite into it and try to edit it i'm just confused on how to do things with it. :(

Kagebunji

Use Graphics Gale, once you get used to it, you will find things very easy to do. And come oooon, do something more than headswap :(
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Vangpride

:( I dont get how you can make ur own and not be over 16 colors or 256 bmp or what ever it is lols i just get confused by all that..zzz still noobie at it..

jimmyjw88

Alright.
A rough guide ~
-16 colours is the limit of the sprite and portrait.
-Using GraphicGale/GIMP/Photoshop/Whatever Graphic Editing Program to edit/change the colours to your desire choice.
-256 bmp is the whole file for the spritesheet. It actually consist of 8 palettes for sprite and 8 palettes for portrait. Since sprite and portrait are only 16 colours and there are 8 for each, (16 x 8 = 128, for sprite) and (16 x 8 = 128, for portrait), add both is equals to 256 colours.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.