• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 10:28:02 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

DeadManWalking's Sprites: The Adventurer (Female)

Started by DeadManWalking, March 29, 2010, 03:51:13 am

DeadManWalking

Quote from: "mav"In my opinion the pants are just too bright for this sprite, making him look a little strange. I toyed around with some darker hues and it really pulled the sprite together. You don't have to change it or anything, but take a look at it and GraphicsGale and decide whether you prefer darker colors or brighter colors.

Yeah, the main reason I don't want to make the pants too much darker is that the Nanten version uses a darker red.  I could try making all of the palettes darker.  I'll make a preview of it

Here it is, I also changed the eyes and thinned part of the hair to try to lose the pillowy look on the portrait..

DeadManWalking

April 06, 2010, 12:25:35 pm #41 Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 03:18:24 am by DeadManWalking
I also noticed something I was afraid might happen.  I tried the sprite in the game and, during the walk animation, the arms become detached from the sprite itself.

Edit: And, when I tried adding the female sprite I made earlier. I noticed something was wrong before I even went into the game.

Jumza

Female im not sure but the male problem is the sprite type, whatever you based this off of has the same sprite type as this one so you will need to put in the correct sprite type.(to change someone like ch.1 ramza to sprite type 2 change the shp and seq to type2 and it should work as type2)
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

DeadManWalking

Well, it might be because I had to copy a large swath of arms from the squire spritesheet to the Ninja one, because that's all the male one is, Squire's body on the Ninja's legs with a modified Kent head on top.

jimmyjw88

I see you fixed the black pixels for rear diagonal and rear. Good job.
Both Squire and Ninja are Type 1. Which sprite did you paste on?
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

DeadManWalking

Yeah, turns out mediator was type 2.  Switched it and it seems to work alright, still requires some more testing, though.

jimmyjw88

For the Female problem, try open it with different version of Shishi. I had the same problem with Vanya's Warrior, both male and female sprite.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

DeadManWalking

April 09, 2010, 03:15:03 am #47 Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 12:39:19 pm by DeadManWalking
Ah, sorry I haven't posted in a day or two, I was busy making the plans for my patch, now that I'm back, though, I think I've got this finished.

Someone commented to me that the portrait looked a little old, and, in game I noticed a few pixels used colors from the wrong area of the palette, so, I fixed them both.  I also fixed a problem with the charging animation's face, it was a pixel too low on the sprite sheet, it's fixed now.

Also, two things about Shishi, I believe it was R999 the other day in the chatroom who told me to use Null Palette, or something like that, to fix it, or where can I find an older version of Shishi?

In any case, here's this one.

Edit: Also, just to note, because Zodiac asked me too, all my images from now on are going to be posted as .pngs.

Jon

For the female, I had that same problem once, it turned out that I was over 16 colors, which was really bad because in reality I used a slightly-slightly different color of the same exact color (if that makes any sense...) which made it really hard to find. If you have Photoshop, you can open up the program and then go to Save for Web and it tells you how many colors are being used. I bet it is just one too many. If it says you have 16, try removing 1 color and see if that helps.
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Kyousukeee

If I'm not mistaken , you need to change the colour depth of your image to fit it in shishi .
The sheet has 16 colours but the portrait has 19 colours so you'll have to change it .
Also image is saved as x24 but to import it properly it should be a x8 . Open it in GraphicsGale and go to All Frames > Color Depth > 8bpp . If you don't have/don't use GraphicsGale I'd recommend you to do so .
Take a look at Mav's tutorial , I'm sure it will help .
http://www.ffhacktics.com/tutorials.php?id=10

DeadManWalking

Jon: I changed every color on the female sprite but the 16 main portrait and the 16 main sprite palette bright red, nothing changed, then I even switched out the portrait colors, it's not that.

Kyou: Thanks, it was simply a result of me copy/pasting parts of other portraits on mine.  It's annoying when that happens, here's the final-final one >_>

Kagebunji

Now, SUBMIT if you didn't did this already! And grats on completing a sprite!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

DeadManWalking

jimmyjw88

The portrait's hair (front) is still bit pillows. I may give it a try if that's okay with you that is. ^^

Lijj

Congrats on the final version!
That purple palette looks great. I think the main one sould be orange but..
  • Modding version: PSX

DeadManWalking

I tried using the Lancer colors for most of them, though orange might have worked.

And, go ahead, Jimmy.  I think it turned out alright considering it started out as Golagros' bang, heh.

RolyTunedIn

the portrait that you were working on, his hair is a little pillow shaded...

DeadManWalking

Kagebunji

You don't know what pillow shading is? Damn, where is that tutorial when you need it...
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

DeadManWalking