• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:32:18 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Kagebunji's sprites- Moving on...

Started by Kagebunji, August 04, 2009, 02:29:37 pm

Lijj

It looks so great now. The touch of red really helps. I like the colors and everything...Good design.
  • Modding version: PSX

VampragonLord

he needs a bra <.< or his "pecs" look too big? shapely?
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

Kagebunji

Hrm, I don't think a bra is needed, he is a man, haha. I intended him to have naked and muscled chest. Good you like it. I quess I can work on the sheet now. Also, FFTA said he looks like Viking(Newtype), so he might gain even more use.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Kagebunji

Twinees managed to finish the portrait tofay(many thanks again!), so I quickly did palettes and finished Lamia, here is the link:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=405&p=133688#p133688

And in case someone have problems with spr or something, the BMP:

[attachment=0:3mqh5sbq]Lamia.bmp[/attachment:3mqh5sbq]

BEHOLD THE POWER OF OLD TITAN!!

mav

Hey, great work finishing the portrait for the Lamia. I'm not a huge fan of the new portrait for Titan though. It's pretty nice, he just doesn't look like Titan, he looks like some old guy.

Kagebunji

Heh, that Titan was a joke, a guy at Pixelation.com did this. I just putted it into FFT to see how it would look

Jon

Titan looks awesome but the portrait is total crap. Good job on the Lamia!
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

GeneralStrife

that's not the portrait, that was a joke

RolyTunedIn

if you change that warrior sprites pants to shorts, he could be a good zell from final fantasy 8

Zozma

lol someone gonna do ifrit and shiva?
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Wolfran

Your new titan's portrait is so fucking hilarious, it's like a mix of Mr.T and an old Chuck Norris. Anyway, the head in the sprite is so small but I like the details in the body.
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

Jon

January 07, 2011, 04:41:41 pm #1711 Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 04:42:15 pm by Jon
Dude Kage, your Lamia is perfect! Excellent job!

Also: GS your signature is hilarious!
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Kagebunji

January 16, 2011, 10:59:58 am #1712 Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 11:06:06 am by Kagebunji
It's been some time since I was here. It's not meaning I am not working on anything, heh. Currently I am doing Assassin sprite, and after that Berserker. Both sprites for Parted Ways(visit sprite topic in PW section).

Also, a small gift, Kent and Sain with actual dead frames on them:

Kagebunji

I was messin around with this sprite for some time now. Here is what I got, also I pasted old hat so you can compare the cfhanges.

Cheetah

Current Projects:

mav

Is that the right type of hat for a hunter? Whatever. I'm not a fan of his clothes--I'd suggest using a different body, if you can.

Kagebunji

January 20, 2011, 12:59:09 pm #1716 Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 01:04:57 pm by Kagebunji
I will try to erase the feather and show you how it looks, Cheetah. Mav, what kind of body do you suggest? I used Male Archer, so IMO it is fitting for a Hunter.

Edit: As to hat, yeah, it should pretty much look like this, look:

It is way better than this, IMO

Wolfran

Use the archer's arms, for body the something like the female red mage, and forget about capes I think it doesn't look good in this concept. Also keep that boots and for hat maybe the FFTA's reference works or just do it hatless.
@Kage, how do you do the whole monster sheet ??? or is a better idea do it like the Red XIII's sheet???
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

Kagebunji

Wolf, I obviously AM NOT aiming for FF3 design. I posted it just to show how the hat looks. Arms are Archers btw. If anyone is interested, visit Celdia's patch topic in New Projects section(her patch is called CCP) to see from where I got the base.

As to monsters sheets, just take an existing monster you see fit and modify it. In my case, I took a base monster, gave him totally new palette, and then copy/pasted my own monster. There are many ways to do monsters, really.

Also, the changes we spoke of. I honestly like feathered, earlier version.

Twinees

@Wolfran, this should help with determining the sizes of the sprites and what the frames are used for. As for attack animations, they change depending on what the animation has been set at.
SP2 files (extra attack animation) can be made by making the regular sized monster sheet longer (export an existing monster who has an SP2 file with it to find out the length of the sheet). Then when you have finished with the sheet and want to make the SP2 file, import it over a monster who has an SP2, ie. Couerl, and then you can export the SP2 file.
I hope that is clear enough.
  • Modding version: PSX