• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 02:39:46 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Kagebunji's sprites- Moving on...

Started by Kagebunji, August 04, 2009, 02:29:37 pm

Jon

There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Shade

Did you accidently add him as your foe?
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

mav

Hair looks unreal, Kage. Not just the style and shape, but the shading.

Kagebunji

How come? There are many characters in history of games and anime with such long hair. I suppose all of FFT hair are small, that is why it looks weird. I will experiment with it more. I do see your points, I will choose some other hair.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Cheetah

Where did you get the hair Kagebunji? You made that monk go super saiyan.
Current Projects:

Kagebunji

Well it is all just imagination, you mean super saiyan is a bad way for me to take? Hehe.

mav

I guess the hair just looks a little too radical for us right now Kage. I know I'm not too used to FFT characters looking like anime characters, but that doesn't mean it can't be done. Just refine this one a little. Or pick some other hair; that may be the safer bet.

Jon

WTF?! ^

Edit: This isn't for you Mav. This morning right below your post was this really weird spam. It got deleted. I hate how there are so many stupid spammers on here suddenly.

rossonero22

Maybe with little shorter hair it would work better.
For my point of view, that hairstile fits more the samurai than the monk, and maye with reddish or golden haircolor it'd be work even better.
Anyway, it's my personal point of view.

Jon

Yo Kage! Whatever happened to the moogle? Did you trash or quit working on him? Can you post whats done of it, I wanna make a moogle already! There are still swine running around in my game damn it!! Those pigs are still pissing me off!! Sorry for sounding demanding...

Kagebunji

It is finished, from what I know. I don't think it needs any fixing, but by all means feel free to tell what you think everyone.

Jon

May I work on this? He looks still a little like a pig. Great portrait, wings could be purple or another color. The nose may be a little too big. Nice work though Kage. :D

Vanya

The only thing I would do to it is make the ears a bit smaller and not animate them 'cause moogles don't have floppy ears.
Well... maybe one more thing. If there is enough room in the palette, make the wings violet and the pom-pom yellow.
¯\(°_0)/¯

mav

I think there are a few shades left open on the palette. I don't know about the sprite though. The sprite looks pretty good, but it can still use a few touch-ups here and there.

RolyTunedIn

i agree with vanya about the ears and nose.

Kagebunji

Nose is perfect as it is, I rmeber when you tried giving him smaler nose (back when I was still prototyping this moogle), it looked bad :P. Good point about ears, Vanya, I will implement these. Violet wings and yellow pom-pom may be present on other palette, not on this one, I dunno how the palette looks like there, but I think I have few colors left.

Zozma

Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Kagebunji

No worries, she is still with me, actually I am adding her braid(told it will take long), but she isn't abandoned.

Jon

I'm working on the moogle, its coming out better (not too different, only eyes, nose, no "pig claws" and wing color). I'll post it when finished. Also, I'm slowly starting work on a Cactuar sprite with Malboro colors and Uribo pig as a base (well not really, I erase the greasy pig and just draw over where it was, and leave the frame for shading reference.)

Lijj

• Modding version: PSX