• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:37:25 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFTac Text - Impossible to change Map/Locations?

Started by badstapp, March 27, 2020, 11:33:14 pm

badstapp

Hi! Good night!

Briefing of my patch:
I'm just doing a Simple translation and modification using: Shishi/Tactext/Patcher/FFTEVGRP (i think):v/:
I am too afraid of editting events so i might not do, unless i need for follow question  :?

Uploaded: my tactext file (no problem going public at all) and an image to simplify my question

Question: how can i change those names of the cities/locations inside the yellow rectangle and red rectangle?
I changed everything i could on tactext, checking option by option there, and testing but those "events" after i set my team and shows the name of the place, and on the main world they didn't changed at all

thanks in advance
  • Modding version: PSX

Xifanie

They're not text; they're images.

You can find them in Shishi, or more precisely, under the Other Images tab:
- WLDTEX.TM2\3 - WLDTEX (3)
- Pre-Battle Location Text Images\*
- Chapter Titles\*
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

badstapp

Quote from: Xifanie on March 28, 2020, 04:05:00 amYou can find them in Shishi, or more precisely, under the Other Images tab:

Thanks a lot, really!

I don't know how to use this section, i only used 10 years ago shishi for the sprites and cd mage for unit/wldface

Ok i will try to find here, if you have an easy link possible to share, would be appreciated, but i am searching

thanks again!

3lric

Quote from: badstapp on March 28, 2020, 11:38:29 amThanks a lot, really!

I don't know how to use this section, i only used 10 years ago shishi for the sprites and cd mage for unit/wldface

Ok i will try to find here, if you have an easy link possible to share, would be appreciated, but i am searching

thanks again!

Theres no easy links to anything we do. This is as easy as it gets. Make sure you are using the newest shishi...

badstapp

Quote from: Elric on April 08, 2020, 02:11:22 pmTheres no easy links to anything we do. This is as easy as it gets. Make sure you are using the newest shishi...

Thanks, i am learning slowly but learning.

Closed!