• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 10:32:40 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFT: Complete Main Info thread

Started by Cheetah, April 07, 2009, 11:52:40 pm

Cheetah

November 23, 2009, 12:26:19 am #560 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
FREAKING AWESOME! I'm doing a little dance right now to celebrate. I wont be able to really delve into this till after finals most likely, but everyone should expect a video update in early December showing of Heian's amazing work. We are trying to get geared up to get another release out in December, I'm really hoping the a fully playable english version of Oeilvert is going to be part of that.
Current Projects:

karsten

November 23, 2009, 05:10:58 am #561 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
just plain great heian!

FFMaster

November 23, 2009, 05:16:00 am #562 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by FFMaster
Can't wait to play the visual novels.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Vanya

November 23, 2009, 12:00:20 pm #563 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Cheetah, did you ever have a look at the possibility of repointing the text in UNIT.BIN that is placed in that spot where a large monster could go? I was thinking that since I'm prep'ing the NPC sprites for full functionality I might as well prep the "unused" monster slot as well.
What do you think?

Also, I don't think there will be enough room for all the NPC's to become functional so which ones should have priority?

Should I also be considering rearranging the layout of UNIT.BIN? I might be able to squeeze the sprites together in such a way that re-pointing the text would be a moot point.

Edit:

Is it possible to rearrange the UNIT.BIN text like this?
It would make it possible for me to add 2 additional human sized units.
There are 2 sprite detail entries I could use for this.
There is a duplicate Demon and the last entry which was originally placed where the text was.
¯\(°_0)/¯

TRC

November 24, 2009, 10:25:41 pm #564 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by TRC
great work guys

Heian

November 25, 2009, 09:38:48 am #565 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Heian
Cheetah, I just thought of something -- I forgot to put the French accent marks on a lot of Pablo's words.  To simulate his goofy French accent, I had originally added in the 'accent aigu' sometimes when the French and English were otherwise identical.  If you know French, go ahead and stick those in when you insert it into the final version.

I'm going down to Okinawa tomorrow for four days (linguistic research), and then have some papers to write, so I'll be pretty busy in December.  But I'll start pecking away at Tango's tale of redemption, and soon we'll have that one to add in too!

woodenbandman

November 30, 2009, 02:57:59 pm #566 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by woodenbandman
Don't know if it's been mentioned, but isn't point3 on your main objective list not a glitch? I thought it was supposed to be like that.

philsov

November 30, 2009, 03:45:21 pm #567 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
QuoteI thought it was supposed to be like that.

Hence why the default text is "Do you want to learn the following abilities?"  The cursor is only there for you to get information on the skills.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Cheetah

December 17, 2009, 01:31:21 pm #568 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Announcement: Insertion of Wyuvle translation complete.

Now this means that Hiean got me the matched up translation for the sound novel "Wyuvle" and that I have all of it in the correct place. This is a big step but there is one little hangup...it doesn't quite work very well yet. This is mostly just due to poor formatting and will hopefully be cleared up in time for a December release.

I was going to do a video preview with commentary showing off how messed up it is, but once I realized that it was such a simple problem I decided to just hold off and do a preview of it really working. So look forward to that either today or tomorrow.
Current Projects:

Pope

December 17, 2009, 11:28:34 pm #569 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Pope
Can't wait!

TRC

December 18, 2009, 02:19:12 am #570 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by TRC
epic epic as fuck

Vanya

December 18, 2009, 09:08:14 am #571 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Woohoo!
¯\(°_0)/¯

Heian

December 19, 2009, 02:44:38 pm #572 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Heian
Cheetah, I can't remember; that one part where I mismatched the translation and the original: was there any translated text missing?  If so, I can just translate it over again, so e-mail me whatever is missing.

Cheetah

December 29, 2009, 08:29:49 pm #573 Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 08:57:56 pm by Xifanie
Preview Video:

Finally have some of Heian's wonderful translation working in game to show off. You might notice a few instances of poor formatting towards the end, but in general this is how it is going to look. Any feedback and comments are welcomed. Insertion and reformatting is taking much more time than I thought so I'm not sure when I will have this out, but in the near future. Expect this preview to be rather confusing because the story is a bit hard to grasp from this little snippet. Overall this is still really exciting and is a real dream come true for me to be getting these things working in English.
Current Projects:

TRC

that is amazing, holy shit you guys! @_@

mav

Neat stuff. Great job, everyone. While I don't quite get the story yet, overall I think it was well quite done. My only complaint are the names...like Oeilvert. I'm not quite sure how that's pronounced or what region such a name comes from, but I guess that's just me nitpicking...Keep up the great work.

TRC

so just outta curiosity, what else is left exactly? you guys seem to have made some amazing progress

Xifanie

I like how you hesitated to kill Pablo (or whatever his name was).
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Cheetah

LOL I'm so happy you noticed that Zodiac, it is really cool how it all changes depending on your choices.

Well this is 1 of 4 books that is inserted but not working formatted. Heian has 2 other books translated and is working on inserting. That leaves one book needing translating and inserting, but Heian is committed to getting to it after the others are done. This will all take a long while considering our schedules and that is just for the books. We also have more glitches and fixes we wish to tackle.
Current Projects:

TRC

ahh i see

well keep up the good work!