• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:02:27 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

The Marketing Thread (The Team Guessing Game)

Started by R999, June 15, 2010, 12:35:09 am

R999

I have an idea about how to show off the project. This is how it will work.

The Team Guessing Game

We will have Illustrations for all 18 teams in Silhouette Shadow form.

We will list all 18 playable teams, but we won't reveal any info about the teams other than these Silhouette pictures (and let the players guess who they are).

That's 1 team each week so we have 18 weeks in this plan (126 days).

This gives us a schedule to work through (so we know which team to focus on during which week). Of course it also directly relates to the game (rather than just some random character out of nowhere).

LastingDawn

Ah? Interesting, I thought you had to sign up to a specific section to see specific sections, heh. Might be because I'm a moderator.

Also the logo, I believe Mercenaries Title Screen had the proper font if memory serves right, if that is the case it might be somewhere buried in the art topic.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

R999

^ I can't find the font... all over that thread. After all the time I spent searching, I could have drew some letters in illustrator. I think I'll just stick to that plan lol.

edit:  here's the FFT logo Vectorized (resolution independent):

If someone else wants it, I'll upload the Illustrator vector file.

Edit: Rewrote the topic.

winshmo2

This is just based on what I feel, please don't hate me for being too grand or overoptimistic :(

On note to the marketing strategy, I think that what we need to do first is to increase our roster of asm editors, spriters, debuggers and typically the staff that enable us to show working changes. Before we even hint this project to the public, we at the least need to have progress at 70-90% if not this might become another vaporware, which FFT fans will eventually forget.

Also IA should be patchable to the PSP and (if possible, I know I'm insane) Iphone FFT. What made FFTA & A2 popular was its accessibility through a handheld and people usually want to show bragging rights to their friends which is not that easy and aesthetically cool through a laptop and an emulator. Hell we might be able to use multiplayer features(if insanely possible as well) for IA through the PSP and Iphone which I think is OMSAwtfbbqpwnssrpgs.

Things to do:
#1. Increase workforce
#2. Increase overall progress
     90% Progress
#3. Market
#4. Demo videos (no demo games)
     Complete the project
#5. Soft Release (to a select few for debug purposes)
#6. Official Release

Archael

The only way I see this as viable is if it works with WOTL for iPhone

remember it will have a lot of new people who have never even played FFT before. why would they apply some obscure patch to a game THEY HAVE NEVER PLAYED BEFORE?

R999

Very good points and Winshmo I agree!  No demo games, and only show leaks when the project is actually reasonably close to completion. Sadly though, ASM hackers are an extremely rare breed of people (only capable people are Zodiac, FDC(gone), and perhaps SentinelBlade(Brain fried, apparently). Thankfully at least we have Zodiac doing the otherwise impossible work (Team Selection via DD hack, World Instructions for determining paths for teams, he's also of course completed ARH1.2 and the ForceImmortality hacks). FDC gotten most of the Reaction hacks done before he disappeared... which means we probably won't be needing anymore ASM hackers as far as this project is concerned. We could use event editors for sure.

Making the patch for or WoTL is no trivial task.... speaking of which, I don't know who was responsible for starting the work for WoTL hacking -- anyone know? As for the iPhone, it could be likely using different game code if they choose to optimize the game, as the iPhone and PSP shares very different architecture.

I am not proposing to post leaks right now, but we could really use some help like you said.

LastingDawn

If I'm not mistaken (which I likely am R999) I believe it was Melonhead who started the WotL hacking.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

R999

I have an idea about how to show off the project. This is how it will work.

The Team Guessing Game

We will have Illustrations for all 18 teams in Silhouette Shadow form.

We will list all 18 playable teams, but we won't reveal any info about the teams other than these Silhouette pictures (and let the players guess who they are).

That's 1 team each week so we have 18 weeks in this plan (126 days).

This gives us a schedule to work through (so we know which team to focus on during which week). Of course it also directly relates to the game (rather than just some random character out of nowhere).