• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Souls of Destiny: Full 4 chapter update patch

Started by CONMAN, November 15, 2012, 10:37:44 pm

CONMAN

I can't be bothered to make flashy title screens for videos.  I sort of struggle with the double edged sword of what to show of on a video too.  I want something eye-grabbing and that pretty much leads into spoiler territory. 

Part of the purpose of these videos was to catalogue issues that needed to be addressed.  Some of the time I immediately fixed issues that pop up right after recording because they were too frustrating to see (like Thor's ugly portrait).  Once or twice I think I actually fixed the issue before recording (like missing music.)

• Modding version: PSX

CONMAN

CONMAN

FINAL VIDEOS AND END GAME SPOILERS!

CONMAN

Slowly working on some stuff here.

I'm updating the main post with a thank you credit. It's a bit of a work in progress, but there is a lot to track!  Let me know what's been missed!

I'm replacing the oracle job class with druid and replacing mediator with mesmer (name?) and have three quarters of those sprites done.  I've been considering swapping out geomancer for something else.  Beefed up the "feral" on the last patch release and will probably do the same to "sage" here at some point. 

After making a male "mesmer" sprite, I think I should get to a good cleaning up of events.  It's not as exciting as making new boss sprites or completing my version of the deep dungeon.  Having cleaner events would probably be the biggest improvement.

Katanga7

HEY!! So Im almost finishing chapter 1 and I notice that steal and buff abilities are 0 percent chance... is that a bug of some sort??

CONMAN

Unfortunately, on a few different emulators this is a problem with a few abilities.  Especially those used by Lala.  Oddly enough, this doesn't happen on PsxFin (PSX) but does seem to happen on duckstation and some versions of ePSXe.  I'm hoping this is due to a couple of older hacks that can be replaced.  At the moment, it isn't figured out.

CONMAN

I have been progressing though some fixes and general updates.  I wanted to release a bigger overhaul patch before putting another one out, but making SoD playable on newer and better emulators seemed like something that shouldn't wait.

1. Fixed an old buggy hack broke some skills on duckstation and some versions of ePSXe.

2. Changed the barehand formula to create a little less brokenness from the mc as well as the formula for Chelsea's shadow fist.

3. Swapped out the mediator and oracle classes for "Mesmer" and "Druid"

4. Made several event/text/map edits