• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:34:11 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Patch Proposals/Ideas Thread

Started by Dominic NY18, February 14, 2009, 01:59:21 pm

Dominic NY18

February 17, 2009, 06:55:11 pm #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dominic NY18
Mercenaries is pretty AU when you think about it though. Shade's idea is just a part of the plot you never see. It sounds interesting.

ShadowX

February 18, 2009, 09:08:54 pm #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by ShadowX
I've updated my post just to let everyone know.

And no I'm not going to continue the argument because it would just be a waist of space. Instead of verbally fighting about it we'll just see if what my words actually meant happens.

Idea: Follows a child of Olan who seeks to find out why his father was burned and what actually happened to his grandfather.

Archael

February 18, 2009, 09:21:10 pm #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
I think someone should explain more of the Zodiac Demons / what they really are in connection to Altima and St. Ajora

and all that stuff

Dominic NY18

February 18, 2009, 09:48:20 pm #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dominic NY18
Shadow X, I understand the need for hiding stuff in your post, but there's not really enough there to hide it. It might receive more attention that way.

Just a suggestion.

LastingDawn

February 19, 2009, 03:19:19 pm #24 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Quote from: "Voldemort"I think someone should explain more of the Zodiac Demons / what they really are in connection to Altima and St. Ajora

and all that stuff

Originally the opening to Mercenaries was an old man telling a story to a bunch of children (using the Hopital in the Slums map) in which afterwards you played as the Zodiac Braves in a demo battle like thing at Riovanes. Though with the change to Mercenaries dealing very little with the Lucavi and St. Ajora her/himself, I thought it a bit odd... though I'd love to see someone else do that, that is of course if people would think it'd be a good idea.

Also a St. Ajora patch is delight in my book! I would love to see someone attempt to write out Ajora's story.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Kokojo

February 19, 2009, 03:21:30 pm #25 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kokojo
It was at first my initial idea, but i was not please to rewrite FFT, however, i had some good ideas, and if someone starts this pacth, count on me for the help.
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Archael

February 19, 2009, 03:25:54 pm #26 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "LastingDawn"
Quote from: "Voldemort"I think someone should explain more of the Zodiac Demons / what they really are in connection to Altima and St. Ajora

and all that stuff

Originally the opening to Mercenaries was an old man telling a story to a bunch of children (using the Hopital in the Slums map) in which afterwards you played as the Zodiac Braves in a demo battle like thing at Riovanes. Though with the change to Mercenaries dealing very little with the Lucavi and St. Ajora her/himself, I thought it a bit odd... though I'd love to see someone else do that, that is of course if people would think it'd be a good idea.

Also a St. Ajora patch is delight in my book! I would love to see someone attempt to write out Ajora's story.

I like the idea, but I said someone should EXPLAIN that aspect of the story, in an existing patch

not a new st. ajora patch

no full storyline project is even done yet, and I don't see a brand new one from scratch being done anytime soon, either

Shade

February 19, 2009, 03:35:20 pm #27 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Shade
Arch I was writing ideas but I forgot to post them put idea about zodiacs is actually my dream project.

Story begins at time when Ajora born with name Ajora Stone(In the story that I have in head he is a boy with long silver hair(Does this resample anything hmph??)).
After week after he was born his village of Kattar(whitch is close to Murond Death city) Deadliest fog Midgar Zolom came and killed all people expect Ajora and his family. He was called God's holy child Ajora.

At same Sed Beoulve who was 8 years old, his farther Zack Beoulve 32 years old and his brother Vain Beoulve 14 were on Barius hill on vacation. Zack is teaching their sons to whistle with grass.
Little back up story with Beoulve family tree:
The story start that nice demon named Lyla that liked to use human form of her was slave of a Arch Witch.
One day when A brave knigt one of the Zodiac braves(one of the those heroes you know) watched demon when she was in her human form, when she was in castle. Knight asked from Lyla "Why are you looking so sad?". "I am not free that's why I am sad" Lyle answered. "Can I make you free asked?" Knight asked again. Lyle said "No, you can't if you don't defeat her the arc witch".( I am not telling the whole story but you can quess that they married eachother.)

Little of start of story.
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

Kokojo

February 19, 2009, 03:51:39 pm #28 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kokojo
Shade, i think Voldemort wanted to stick more to the soul of FFT Ajora, the one described in the story, not a Sephiroth clone ftw.

Anyway, your choice. Good luck.
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Archael

February 19, 2009, 05:29:56 pm #29 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "Kokojo"Shade, i think Voldemort wanted to stick more to the soul of FFT Ajora, the one described in the story, not a Sephiroth clone ftw.

I can't even understand Shade's posts anyway

Sephiroth clone?

:shock:

Cheetah

February 19, 2009, 06:24:08 pm #30 Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 02:24:37 pm by Cheetah
Final Fantasy Tactics: Complete

History: Lasting Dawn long ago suggested inserting the WotL script into FFT PSX. Methonal got a start on it but apparently his progress has slowed. Voldemort has been campaigning for this for a little while now.

Goals:
1) To insert the psp script into the psx version for starters. Voldemort mentioned getting all the new content in there, but I think that is perhaps to grandiose at this point.
1.5) Getting a majority of the name changes for skills, descriptions, and backstories also in line with the WotL translation. Or at the very least establish concrete choices between the two versions.
2) Get the story books that were removed in the US version of the game working and translated. Some real hacking skills would be needed to do this, but should be possible and would open up a new area of hacking for other projects.
3) Bug/glitch fixes. What would be considered bugs and which should be left in I think would be needed to be decided by the team who takes this on. But stuff like dublicating weapons and learning all the skills from a skill crystals.
4) If this project is done I would think it should be about making the perfect/complete version of the original FFT to create a good gold standard of FFT and be a great base for other patches to work off of.
5) All guest characters being controllable.
6) If you think there should be more changes do share. Because I know I didn't think of all of it.

What I don't think it should be:
I don't think this should turn into FFT v1.4 or something. The core gameplay should basically all stay exactly the same. Then if people want to really change game mechanics, story, or difficulty they can just base their build off of this. Just my personal opinions.

Feasibility: Inserting the new script should be relatively painless and is all established knowledge, it just takes time. With Melonhead's new amazing FFT Text editor all the text everywhere else in the game is also very easy to edit. Getting the story books to work will be much tougher, but should be possible given that the japanese PSX version has them in there working. Bugs/glitch fixing already already been done for many of the games issues, but will require experienced hackers on board. If some dedicated people got on board with this project, I honestly believe it could be finished quite rapidly.

Team Effort: This is a very good test project to see if a group effort can actually work because a diverse set of skills will be needed to complete it. Here is just a general idea of the kind of team you will need:

Event Editor: You will need at least one devoted event editor to insert the new scripts. Not a lot of experience is needed since it is basically copying a pasting for most of it and they will learn a lot during the process.
FFT Text Editor: I haven't used the program yet, but Melonhead has done wonders for this and it isn't that complicated. Someone could do this job and another job, the hardest part will be making decisions on what terminology to use. Getting the Story books looking correct and inserted will also be part of this team members job I believe.
ASM Hacker: You will need someone to do real hacking to do bug fixes, and I believe ASM hacking is the way to do that. Obviously you will need someone experienced for this.
Master Hacker: Getting the story books working is going to take some real hacking skills with in depth knowledge of FFT. I would recommend some really thorough analysis of the differences between the US and JAP versions of the games.
Translator: I don't believe there is a very good translations all the story books anywhere. So if they do get working, you are going to need someone to translate them.
Testers: Real dedicated testers. Not just people who play it and say "Wow that was awesome", but people who are really putting in work. Specifically you are going to need people that can actually play the PSP version as well and compare the two running side by side to make sure everything looks correct. Not to mention trying to fuck up the game and insure all the ASM hacks are working correctly and not messing anything else up. This would mean a lot of play time and replaying.
Lead: I believe a project with this many team members needs a leader. Not someone who wants to tell everyone what to do, but someone who knows how to track progress, divide up work, keep a cool head to settle arguments, has an actual plan for progression, has the time to do all this, and most importantly knows how to keep his team members happy and motivated.

Disclaimer: This has always seemed like a very logical project to me and I keep hearing lots of talk about it but no one taking action. However I too can not commit myself to this project and do not wish to fill one of the team member positions. Like any other member of FFH I can only support by giving advice and opinions when I can. So really I'm pussyfooting around this project as much as anyone else, but here at least is an idea of a plan and people can start stepping up to fill the positions if they want.
Current Projects:

Dominic NY18

February 19, 2009, 06:36:36 pm #31 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dominic NY18
I started porting WOTL's text and terms into the original a while back, though a few changes didn't work before the new text editor came out. So if this does get off the ground, it can be used as a base for this project.

I can also post my observations about the text porting later tonight if anyone's interested. There were also a few other things to work around that need to be brought up.

I think it's obvious that I'd be psyched for this and would definitely want to work on this.

Cheetah

February 19, 2009, 08:21:21 pm #32 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
That is certainly a good start Dominic. Have you tried out the new FFT texteditor much?
Current Projects:

Dominic NY18

February 19, 2009, 10:44:01 pm #33 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dominic NY18
Yeah I've used it, though mostly for PSP edits. I haven't tried many PSX edits edits yet.

Shade

February 20, 2009, 06:56:49 am #34 Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 08:16:34 am by Shade
Quote from: "Kokojo"Shade, i think Voldemort wanted to stick more to the soul of FFT Ajora, the one described in the story, not a Sephiroth clone ftw.

Anyway, your choice. Good luck.

Not that long hair.

Normal boy hair:
_____

Ajora's hair(what it would be in that story):

Sephiroth hair:

This is the diffrence.
Normal boy hair would be like 3-6cm
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

LastingDawn

February 20, 2009, 07:39:55 am #35 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Wha? We know what Ajora's hair looks like? The picture we see in the game of what is normally considered to be him/her is of a fellow / lady in something similar to a nun's habit.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Dormin Jake

February 20, 2009, 01:19:17 pm #36 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dormin Jake
The portrait LastingDawn mentioned:

The silver hair idea is probably coming from cracked out Alma and Altima:

But I really only think the silver hair is to show she's been possessed by some sort of powerful spirit.  You sometimes hear of people's hair turning white after experiencing some sort of tremendous shock or trauma, and I always figured Alma's hair color change was something akin to that, rather than St. Ajora's actual hair color.

The silver hair is probably Altima's trademark rather than Ajora himself, but one could probably go either way with it.  It would make more sense if Ajora's hair was silver after he contracted Altima, I would think.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
We are Dormin. Thou art to bring us a tasty beverage.
  • Discord username: dorminjake

Archael

February 20, 2009, 01:56:36 pm #37 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
nice catch there Dormin

Shade

February 20, 2009, 03:20:30 pm #38 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Shade
Remember the poison fog the Midgar Zolom.
That is what made his hair gray. That means that even thought he did not die, but still something happened.

But I think we can change the color of his hair.
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

Cheetah

February 20, 2009, 05:15:24 pm #39 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Another thing I would recommend for the FFT: Complete Patch.

6) All guest characters being controllable.
Current Projects: