• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

ASM Requests

Started by The Damned, October 29, 2014, 09:16:45 pm

darkskyx

April 09, 2022, 08:42:06 am #380 Last Edit: April 09, 2022, 11:03:18 am by darkskyx
  • Could be possible to add a new job?
If that's not possible:
  • It is possible to change the code so Mimes or Onion Knights can set more skills, reactions...  so they will work like a normal unit?
If all of that is possible:
  • It is possible to make it for the PSP version?

• Modding version: WotL

✪ Emergence 2 for PSP (EN/ES) - Play it now! ✪
A vanilla+ experience for PSP. Actual patch: 1.0+. More fixes in v1.1!
  • Discord username: darkskyx#9825

Talcall

Possible to add a new (I'm assuming generic) job? theoretically with a little bit of fuckery
Possible to change the code to give mimes or onion knights skills? ot even remotely in the realm of reasonability. it would take a restructure of every instruction in the game's assembly.
Possible to make it for PSP? even less so.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
""The only thing more hardcoded than FFT, is more FFT."
    - A wise man"
       - Talcall
  • Discord username: Talcall

stardragoon9

Request an ASM hack to give Accumulation both PA and MA boost simutanously

Needed a separate ability from Scream

Thanks
  • Modding version: PSX

Orkney

May 13, 2022, 08:18:22 am #383 Last Edit: November 22, 2023, 07:53:50 am by Orkney
Hi,

Here. Tested only by patching a save state. It should work the same patched to an ISO.

Update 22/11/2023.
Initial Hack alters all abilities. I rename it and post a fixed one (yhanks to Sardek to point the mistake)

stardragoon9

Quote from: Orkney on May 13, 2022, 08:18:22 amHi,

Here. Tested only by patching a save state. It should work the same patched to an ISO.

Thank you so much, I shall report to you if I've encounter any problem!

stardragoon9

May 23, 2022, 11:13:42 pm #385 Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 08:35:35 am by stardragoon9
I don't know if this is possible with our current knowledge, but I wish to make a character within the player formation (not limited to ENTD) to permanently immune to certain status effect, not tied to job, meaning the character is free to change job but still maintain the immunities.

If this is not possible, I wish to request an ASM, that allow a blank R/S/M ability (specifically ability ID 01FE or 01FF) to be able to grant status immunity of choice, the reason for this instead of using equipment is because I wish to give uniqueness for that character, which only he/she could learn that ability

My thanks

nitwit

Quote from: stardragoon9 on May 23, 2022, 11:13:42 pmI don't know if this is possible with our current knowledge, but I wish to make a character within the player formation (not limited to ENTD) to permanently immune to certain status effect, not tied to job, meaning the character is free to change job but still maintain the immunities.

If this is not possible, I wish to request an ASM, that allow a blank R/S/M ability (specifically ability ID 01FE or 01FF) to be able to grant status immunity of choice, the reason for this instead of using equipment is because I wish to give uniqueness for that character, which only he/she could learn that ability

My thanks
Emmy has an asm hack in Emmy.xml, usable with FFTOrgASM, that says:
QuoteSlot 0x1c8 = Immunity to all negative stat changes

Requires Tying it all together 1.  Requires Disable Equip X/Female equips (if you want to keep this ability on the same slot I used and not stack with vanilla's effect, otherwise move its slot).  Purpose of this routine is to make stat change formulas stack properly with other abilities.  This must go last in Tying it all together 1.

FYI all XML files are just text files, you can "right click -> properties -> opens with" to make them open with notepad instead of Microsoft Edge. Makes searching for text like "immunity" much easier.

As for making an asm hack that makes a specific R/S/M ability grant immunity to a status, I'm sure if it were easy we'd already have it. I assume you need to find everything that checks for status immunities when inflicting a status, as well as permanent status via classes and gear, and add checks to have them always fail or be overridden by your chosen R/S/M. Seems like a tall order to me, but I can always be wrong.

You also need at least 5 free bytes somewhere for all the status effects.

Super Saiyan Eevee

September 05, 2022, 11:54:18 am #387 Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 12:13:32 pm by Super Saiyan Eevee
Hi all,

Is it possible to change a support ability to a skillset? Very similar to how the Dualcast Red Mage mod works but rather than 2 skills, just one. I would like to get rid of Catch (since I literally removed any reason for this ability) but Defend (stupid ability but usable still)  might be easier since it already has a menu action and skillset associated with it.  Im actually looking to get rid of the Chemist class but would still like to use items basically for free without having to learn the Item abilities if that makes sense.

Or even better, being able to replace Catch with Celdia's Dualcasting and Defend with Items.

Maybe one ASM that allows you to pick what Support ability you want to replace with Dualcasting (choose from one drop down) and another that lets you pick what ability you want to replace with what skillset (choose from two drop downs).

If it makes any difference, I am using the Lion War + QoL mod as a base.
  • Discord username: Super Saiyan Eevee

Zanbamon

February 20, 2023, 11:37:23 am #388 Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 04:38:18 pm by Zanbamon Reason: Got it
Nevermind
  • Discord username: Zanbamon

Grond

Maybe some of these belong more in the ASM Hack Proposals thread, but it hasn't been posted in for years and I don't want to bump it.

•Halve X & Y values (i.e. power & hit rate) of abilities when using them through Math Skill
•Make 'Move-etc Up' abilities up work when stacked (& work properly with Cancel Movement QoL patch)
•Stop your units from getting free CT at unit changeover in 2-part battles (e.g. Velius, Altima fights)
•Stop Throw being affected by Blade Grasp
•Make Float status negate fall damage
•Make Counter Magic not use MP
•Restrict Teleport vertical range by Move (or Jump), like horizontal range is

Bugfixes & similar:
•Prevent units from going 'Missing' on propositions at chapter change (call back automatically)
•Prevent AI from pointlessly re-selecting performances (Although I think the 'Save CT' checkbox in FFTPatcher may reduce this)
•Fix 'poaching doesn't remove corpse in deep water' bug
•Fix game hang when using Jump while mounted in deep water
•Fix getting stuck in air if jumping with magic gun equipped on a Blade Grasp-user
•Bow animation glitch fix (hide arrow/bolt & don't show damage twice if using an animation other than FFFF)
•Cancel out of menu for 'prompted' battles like Lionel/Riovanes/Bethla

Lower priority:
•Allow AI to choose to mount chocobos
•Implement Class M-Evade
•Unlearn abilities & get (0-100%, configurable) of JP cost back
•Remove redundant movement ability column when using 'Combine Support and Movement' patch
•Allow multiple units to learn ability 'Blue Mage style' when hit all at once
•Enable custom palettes for monsters only for palettes 03-07
•Hide date & war funds displays when panning world map with square button
•Create an ability (active or passive?) that highlights tiles containing Move-Find items/traps
•Invisibly(?) increase success %s of actions by 1% if between 1-99%

Sharp

1. Change the amount of HP/MP bonus granted by head and body slot armors from fixed values between 0 and 255 to percentages of base HP between -128 to 127.

Purposes: improve scaling of armor HP/MP bonuses, improve long term viability of niche armors, allow for greater armor differentiation, and allow extreme (and extremely cursed) variation in HP/MP bonuses and penalties.

2. Merge the Equip Gun effect with the Throw Item effect.

Purpose: make both effects more useful for other job.

3. Link the various basic effects of pseudo-action skillsets (Item, Charge, Jump, Geomancy, Throw, and Calculate) to an arbitrary skill slot, so these skillsets can instead be included as a single skill in a normal skillset. YMMV as to what "basic" means for each skillset.

Purpose: retain these skillsets while integrating them with more useful and FF lore friendly skills suitable for their respective jobs.

4. Link the advanced effects of the above skillsets to an arbitrary Support skill slot. YMMV as to what "advanced" means for each skillset.

Purpose: replace many of the less useful Support skills or supplement them if linked with the Equip [item] skills, give the player a reason to use any class with these Supports inherent to them.

5. Create a table of bonuses or penalties to class stat multipliers whose effects can be linked to (or referenced by, depending on how it's implemented) arbitrary Support skills.

Purpose: link these effects to the the Supports in #4 and maybe the Equip [item] skills too to give the player a reason to use these Supports and those skillsets.

Cleiton Santos

Hello friends from Ivalice,
 Does anyone happen to know how I can increase the Fury and Magick Boost skills to +2 instead of +1?

I would also like to improve Faith Boost and Bravery Boost

In the Wotl version of psp

• Modding version: WotL

JEETKUNJO

Hello, first of all : I must thanks a lot this community, you made the modding accessible to everyone with all thoses tools !
I'm actually making the game the way i always wanted to : having some npcs playable and  rebalancing some overpowered classes,
but I'm stuck at a point, I'd like to add a " transform" skill, i used the base of the " moldball virus" that transform you into a morbol, i swapped the morbol sprite with the desired character , if the character is loaded in the map it works, but i have two problems and i think i need to modify the formula of the molball virus spell to fix that , it's not possible with FFTpatcher so i have to , i suppose go into the " battle.bin" file and find the offset of the molball virus spell and modify the hex value right?

If this is the way to go I'd like to know if anyone know the actual location of molball virus spell, and if there is a way to modify it, because there is 3 problems with the actual skill:

1/ it make the character go back to lvl 1
2/ its not usable on heroes, only generic
3/ it doesnt seems to work with autocast

So I'd like to know if anyone have an idea about this, is this possible to make the spell so i can AUTOcast it with a hero character, and not going down to lvl 1?

I'm not asking for anyone to do it for me, but since i never modified the game data directly with hex editor for FFT, I'm kinda lost when i try to localize the spell im looking for and the needed values,

Thanks in advance

RetroTypes

Quote from: JEETKUNJO on December 31, 2023, 10:19:39 pmHello, first of all : I must thanks a lot this community, you made the modding accessible to everyone with all thoses tools !
I'm actually making the game the way i always wanted to : having some npcs playable and  rebalancing some overpowered classes,
but I'm stuck at a point, I'd like to add a " transform" skill, i used the base of the " moldball virus" that transform you into a morbol, i swapped the morbol sprite with the desired character , if the character is loaded in the map it works, but i have two problems and i think i need to modify the formula of the molball virus spell to fix that , it's not possible with FFTpatcher so i have to , i suppose go into the " battle.bin" file and find the offset of the molball virus spell and modify the hex value right?

If this is the way to go I'd like to know if anyone know the actual location of molball virus spell, and if there is a way to modify it, because there is 3 problems with the actual skill:

1/ it make the character go back to lvl 1
2/ its not usable on heroes, only generic
3/ it doesnt seems to work with autocast

So I'd like to know if anyone have an idea about this, is this possible to make the spell so i can AUTOcast it with a hero character, and not going down to lvl 1?

I'm not asking for anyone to do it for me, but since i never modified the game data directly with hex editor for FFT, I'm kinda lost when i try to localize the spell im looking for and the needed values,

Thanks in advance

Welcome to FFH!

For the Morbol Virus, you'll need to edit the damage formula associated with that skill, formula 58, found HERE.

You'll see in the routine that this is designed to always miss on non-generic targets, so removing that check would allow it to be cast on unique units.

As for why the target is getting their level reset, I'm not aware of where the game would be doing that, perhaps someone else can speak to that.

And not sure what you mean by "autocast"? Are you trying to make it a reaction ability?

Feel free to reach out in our Discord as well!
  • Discord username: RetroTypes

JEETKUNJO

January 02, 2024, 10:41:35 am #394 Last Edit: January 02, 2024, 12:02:04 pm by JEETKUNJO
Thanks a lot ! Thats make me save so much time , about the " autocast " i mean that use it on caster, like "accumulate" or "scream" thoses abilities do not let you choose a target, it work only on the caster, but when i cast the morboll virus on the caster, the animation works, the % of hitting is displayed , but the caster is not transformed ( no "missed" or " guarded" , just no special message like if the abilities worked, but the sprite is unmodified, it works only when i'm targetting someone else than the caster )

edit : I have simply replaced the missed routine with zero and it works with unique character, and about my level, its not changed (i think i simply made a mystake for this statement)

Now i noticed a bigger issue, when the fight is done, the character dont go back to his normal sprite, he stay with the "morbol" sprite forever, any idea to make the sprite change temporary? making it reset when the fight is over

JediWyrm

Can a toggle be added to the options for a no exp setting? That way you can level up jobs without the random encounters getting overpowered quickly or having to do the level down tricks.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL