• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 06:42:15 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Changing hero gender

Started by Esper715, July 26, 2012, 11:11:22 pm

Esper715

I have been searching and forgive me if I missed an easy find..but is there a way to change the gender of a main character without it crashing the game? also is it safe to change the hero sprite?

Celdia

To change Ramza's gender you need to edit one number in the SCUS_942.21 file. At 0x4A8A4 the value is 80. Change that to 40 for Female [or 20 for Monster]. As for changing his sprite, its plenty safe but if you don't modify the special event sprite sheets as well [known as EVTCHRs] there will be tiny graphics glitches for him in pretty much every story event in the game. Nothing game-crashing, but they are noticable and sometimes ugly.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

formerdeathcorps

Don't make Ramza a monster if monster breeding is allowed.  He'll create glitch monster eggs that occasionally hatch into the Alma dead sprite.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Dome

Quote from: formerdeathcorps on July 27, 2012, 02:27:33 am
Don't make Ramza a monster if monster breeding is allowed.  He'll create glitch monster eggs that occasionally hatch into the Alma dead sprite.

Signed

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Esper715

oh gosh have been looking all over where do I find the SCUS_942.21 file? and anything special I need to edit it? sorry have only really used the patcher to increase hp to make battles harder..