• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:08:53 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

logus

do your "own team vs own team" fight yourself if you want to see it. I'm much more interested in seeing the cross of teams ideas/concepts from different people in this thread, and I'm inclined to think I'm not the only one.
S3 Official Refresh Spammer

The Damned

I too shall try to get off my ass (though I've said that constantly for the past month) and help with videos of this.

I'm still curious of something to anyway....

Quote from: "Skip Sandwich"he's making out with peidmon, a clown-themed digimon. I found the pic on a random search of DeviantArt for Kefka fanart, then I scaled it down to avatar size in Paint because it amused me to do so.
:EDIT: a link to the full-size original  http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=send%20 ... 24#/d1o9fb

Awesome.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Skip Sandwich

August 25, 2010, 04:00:53 am #162 Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 12:10:56 pm by Skip Sandwich
here's my take on a stone gunners team

Thompson
Male
Serpentarius
Mediator

Speed Save
Attack UP
Move HP UP

Stone Gun

Green Beret
Brigadine
Salty Rage

Jp list: 750 for jobs (Mediator, Archer, Geomancer), 0 for abilities, 600 for Speed Save, 400 for Attack UP, 500 for Move HP UP
Total: 2250jp

Chopper
Male
Serpentarius
Mediator

Speed Save
Attack UP
Move HP UP

Stone Gun

Green Beret
Brigadine
Salty Rage

Jp list: 750 for jobs (Mediator, Archer, Geomancer), 0 for abilities, 600 for Speed Save, 400 for Attack UP, 500 for Move HP UP
Total: 2250jp

Sniper
Male
Serpentarius
Mime

Kettle
Male
Serpentarius
Bard
Life Song, Last Song
Monk
Stigma Magic, Revive
HP Restore
Equip Armor
Fly

Fairy Harp

Grand Helmet
Reflect Mail
Angel Ring

Jp list: 750 for jobs (Bard, Monk, Paladin), 720 for abilities, 400 for HP Restore, 600 for Equip Armor, 300 for Fly
Total: 2770jp
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

logus

have you tested that team, skip? I don't want to sound intrusive with your team concept, but I just NEED to express my opinion: last song would be awesome for that bard.

Skip Sandwich

actually, he should have last song, guess I forgot to recopy it after making that change, hold up a minute and i'll correct it.
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

logus

before you guys go on and do the battles, you might want to check out the status of every unit. The memory card in ffm's zip seems to contradict with his table in the stats thread. I dunno which one is supposed to be the correct one...

Also, make sure to double check the units. Even after setting 2 archer units to be male on sprite and unit, I still had one with female stats... and when trying to fix them in fftastic to make them according to the table, then loading on patch, the values would get ridiculously off (female samurai wearing no MA gear with 17 MA, for instance).

Pride

I'll have to double check that, I didn't see anything out of the ordinary when I did a match earlier.
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Kaz

Quote from: "logus"do your "own team vs own team" fight yourself if you want to see it. I'm much more interested in seeing the cross of teams ideas/concepts from different people in this thread, and I'm inclined to think I'm not the only one.

+1

Quote from: "logus"before you guys go on and do the battles, you might want to check out the status of every unit. The memory card in ffm's zip seems to contradict with his table in the stats thread. I dunno which one is supposed to be the correct one...

Also, make sure to double check the units. Even after setting 2 archer units to be male on sprite and unit, I still had one with female stats... and when trying to fix them in fftastic to make them according to the table, then loading on patch, the values would get ridiculously off (female samurai wearing no MA gear with 17 MA, for instance).

I've always had stats biffed like that. once I think a bard had 23 pa with no gear.  If someone could help me figure it out I'd be happy to post some of these battles.
to hell with you mustadio haters

FFMaster

I won't be able to do battles for a while. A load of work has cropped up and I haven't got the time to record/edit videos. Maybe in another 2 weeks...
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Barren

hey don't worry about it FFM, you go do what you have to do. You did a great job hosting FFT arena and putting on exhibition battles as well. We hope to see you back again soon
You dare cross blades with me?

Pride

August 27, 2010, 03:59:44 am #170 Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 01:22:48 pm by Pride
Edit: wtf?

logus

wha? where is the end of the battle?

Pride

I have no idea whats wrong but youtube is only taking the first 4:37 of the battle. I didn't notice it last night cause I was so tired and I just wanted to post the link but... I've tried uploading it twice now and that's all its taking.... wtf

Edit: I don't think I can fix it :-/ The raw video is not working either.

FFMaster

☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

SilvasRuin

Notes to self:
Stone Guns suck.
Dancers are very, very stupid.

logus

not necessarily true. A large map could prove you wrong.

Kaz

logus kudos to you for that mediator. mimic daravon and kiyomouri are deadly together
to hell with you mustadio haters

SilvasRuin

When you can't choose what maps to fight in, or you are guaranteed a small map, a medium map, and a large map, or something of that nature, you'd basically be guaranteeing losses for yourself.  "It's only a problem when you aren't on a large map" isn't good enough, the team still has a severe weakness that isn't at all rare.

Basically, crippling yourself on small maps in order to attempt a particular strategy on large maps is NOT a good trade-off.  Guaranteed losses on small maps are not balanced out by POSSIBLE wins on large maps.

logus

good point. I didn't consider the original s3 map scheme, as we are mostly fooling around trying to find broken stuff...

PX_Timefordeath

Team Fate Part 2

Name: Archer
Zodiac: Gemini
Fury: 70
Faith: 40
Primary Class: Ninja (250)
Primary abilities known: Shuriken (150)
Secondary: Charge
Second abilities known: Greased Bolt (250), Seal Evil (200)
Reaction: Arrow Guard
Support: Concentrate (700)
Movement: Jump +2 (100)
Total: 2050
~~~
Right Hand: Iga Knife
Left Hand: Koga Knife
Head: Twisted Headband
Body: Power Sleeve
Accessory: Sprint Shoes

Name: Shirou
Fury: 70
Faith: 40
Primary Class: Ninja (250)
Primary abilities known: Shuriken (150)
Secondary: Charge
Second abilities known: Greased Bolt (250), Seal Evil (200)
Reaction: Arrow Guard
Support: Concentrate (700)
Movement: Jump +2 (100)
Total: 2050
~~~
Right Hand: Iga Knife
Left Hand: Koga Knife
Head: Twisted Headband
Body: Power Sleeve
Accessory: Sprint Shoes

Name: Berserker