• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:21:54 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Sprites for fun

Started by Kuraudo Sutoraifu, January 12, 2008, 01:55:16 pm

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

January 14, 2008, 02:34:44 am #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kuraudo Sutoraifu
Glad I could help.

Bastard Poetry

January 14, 2008, 04:05:14 am #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
I have a request.

Could you make a sprite of Pieke Okata? He needs to be a fierce, powerful and utterly be-armored noble warrior of sorts. If it would be at all possible to use that sprite in-game, even without proper attack animations or anything like that (since I've read of the difficulty in achieving that), I would be eternally grateful.

I am going to have Pieke as one of the major characters in the new upcoming Kanbabrif video. I'm not sure how I could repay anyone who would be willing to do this for me, but you would at the very least be included in the credits of the video.

If not, don't worry about it. I still have a few other ideas to work through. And if I find the time, I will learn how to edit sprites myself. But it would be great to put some other names in the credits other than just my own.
Final Fantasy Tactics - Thief SSCC:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL73FB72C01D917FD6&feature=viewall

(Fully recorded LP; successes, failures, and most things inbetween)

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

January 14, 2008, 10:16:16 am #22 Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 02:39:15 pm by Kuraudo Sutoraifu
bp, Kanbabrif and the War of the Gods challenge were plenty enough payment.  Hilarity is currency to me, so I'll give it a crack.  It may not be very fast since the weekend has passed, but if the mood strikes me, you might have it by tomorrow.

Let me clarify what you want first though, you want a noble that looks like he has the power Orlandu with Worker 8 strapped to his back and a ninja on each foot?

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

January 14, 2008, 11:13:06 am #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kuraudo Sutoraifu
Also, if you have any idea how you would want him to look, hand them over.

VincentCraven

January 14, 2008, 06:38:40 pm #24 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Quote from: "trickstardude7"so would everything work on an emulator but i couldnt find a blasted video plugin >_<

If I understand you correctly (ambiguity due to a lack of punctuation), yes the patch will work on an emulator. In fact, I don't think you could add the patch to your disc to play v1.2 using a playstation anyway.
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

trickstardude7

January 14, 2008, 08:16:18 pm #25 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by trickstardude7
Quote from: "VincentCraven"
Quote from: "trickstardude7"so would everything work on an emulator but i couldnt find a blasted video plugin >_<

If I understand you correctly (ambiguity due to a lack of punctuation), yes the patch will work on an emulator. In fact, I don't think you could add the patch to your disc to play v1.2 using a playstation anyway.
so far so good i have the FFT on m emulator but now i have to just use cdmage but rightnow i'm haveing trouble on finding my iso for it >_<

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

January 14, 2008, 08:27:04 pm #26 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kuraudo Sutoraifu
QuoteLet me clarify what you want first though, you want a noble that looks like he has the power Orlandu with Worker 8 strapped to his back and a ninja on each foot?

I made an attempt at a Pieke sprite, but started getting frustrated, so I did something fun instead:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v672/Powerguy500/PiekeJoke.png

I've created awesomeness.

Xifanie

January 14, 2008, 08:43:12 pm #27 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Yep, you did.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Bastard Poetry

January 14, 2008, 09:41:42 pm #28 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
Somehow or another, I WILL FIND A WAY TO USE THAT ONE TOO!

Ha ha ha! That was fantastic!

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

January 14, 2008, 11:02:56 pm #29 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kuraudo Sutoraifu
Okay, fo' reals nows:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v672/Powerguy500/PiekePrvw.png

bp, I've finished the majority of the sprite work, but it will still take sometime from here.  Let me know what you think.  I can make changes if need be, but I think it epitomizes nobility and bad-assery.

vincent/zodiac, this sprite won't be limited to bp's Kanbabrif work.  So if you have questions, comments, critiques, please let me know them as well.

Bastard Poetry

January 14, 2008, 11:39:11 pm #30 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
Very nice! The only change I would suggest would be to make the armor a different color. Something like a bluish chrome, maybe?

I'm making an effort to not spoil any aspect of the new video, other than the fact that Pieke will be in it, of course. (But anyone who saw his nicely worded response to my 7 questions probably assumed he was a shoe-in, right?) However, the brown armor would blend in too much with the terrain I've picked out.

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

January 15, 2008, 11:05:40 am #31 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kuraudo Sutoraifu
Quote from: "karsten":D it rocks! how can you be so fast in doing them?

perfect, just needing black hairs, really. would it ever work ingame?

Karsten, I just realized I never answered your question.  Yes, I can make a workable sprite for you, but I might need to fiddle with the colors a bit and make sure that I only used 16.  But as Kyari said, attack animations will still be glitched until we find out where/how to edit them.  I will start work on your full sprite set after I finish bp's Pieke sprite.

karsten

January 15, 2008, 11:32:21 am #32 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
Quote from: "Kuraudo Sutoraifu"

Karsten, I just realized I never answered your question.  Yes, I can make a workable sprite for you, but I might need to fiddle with the colors a bit and make sure that I only used 16.  But as Kyari said, attack animations will still be glitched until we find out where/how to edit them.  I will start work on your full sprite set after I finish bp's Pieke sprite.

you are really kind! :D

and maybe putting vincent and zodiac at lavian and alicia's place :P

Cheetah

January 15, 2008, 02:35:05 pm #33 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Quote from: "karsten"
Quote from: "Kuraudo Sutoraifu"

you are really kind! :D

and maybe putting vincent and zodiac at lavian and alicia's place :P

Does Rad have his own sprite sheet dedicated to him?
Current Projects:

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

January 15, 2008, 03:25:48 pm #34 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kuraudo Sutoraifu
Rad, Alicia, and Lavian just use the normal sprite sets.

Bastard Poetry

January 18, 2008, 12:55:23 pm #35 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
Hey, Kuraudo Sutoraivirtuousking. Which name do you want to go in the credits?

And, while you're already in the credits, would you be interested in co-producing? I've emailed Chaumel to see if he'd be willing to help out, and having more man-power on this will decrease the amount of blood shed during the war sequence. (My blood, that is.. not the blood of the characters). I have a very specific vision for the entire video, so it would involve following detailed instructions and doing some tedious animation work. It's fairly easy, using Camtasia, Photoshop and Windows Movie Maker. But very tedious. The music has been selected, and I use a second-by-second guideline for what happens on the screen during the songs.

Let me know if you're interested. It requires time, which not a lot of people have these days. I've been sticking with only working 2-3 hours at a time, every few days or so. It will take longer to finish it that way, but it keeps me sane, being both a full time student and worker.

And, of course, if you agree to this, you will get to see what has been created so far. So spoilers aplenty!

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

January 18, 2008, 01:35:17 pm #36 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kuraudo Sutoraifu
I'd say use the Kuraudo moniker.  I might be interested in co-producing, but you might need to elaborate a teensy bit on what I might be doing so I whether or not I am capable.

By the way, your sprite is a little over halfway done.  I have some time off of work today, so I might be able finish it.

Bastard Poetry

January 18, 2008, 08:01:33 pm #37 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
Well, if I showed you what I've made so far, you'd get a pretty good idea of how capable you might be. Basically, the approach I've taken is: any means possible. Also, if you lack certain tools, like video recording or editing (or even the time it takes to do some of this stuff) I could always use some help finding certain things online.

I don't really want to spoil anything here, though. So go ahead and send me an email, so that I have yours.
bastardpoetry at yahoo.

Later, I'll send you the video and a better description of where I'm going with it. The only thing I ask is that you don't reveal anything to anyone 8)

All in all, you will get to decide how much you feel like contributing. Your work with the Pieke sprite has already been an Odin-send for me, and you'll still have a spot on the credits, no matter what.

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

January 19, 2008, 01:08:10 am #38 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kuraudo Sutoraifu
I sent an email your way from my jah_breathes address.  I hope my skills can bring glory to phenom named Kanbabrif.  I can only see his popularity rising.  From here, it's a feature length movie, then action figures, then the theme park, then t-shirts, then the saturday morning cartoon...  it's gonna be beautiful from here on out.

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

January 19, 2008, 01:22:02 pm #39 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kuraudo Sutoraifu
Shazam!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v672/ ... Pieke2.jpg

bp, I'll change it to blue armor soon enough.  By the time you had requested something other than grey, I had progressed for enough that I was just going to finish the grey one.  Since it's just a palette swap, it should progress fairly quick.