• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 07:32:43 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Skill Effect Trouble

Started by kafei, August 17, 2009, 08:27:22 am

kafei

August 17, 2009, 08:27:22 am Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by kafei
Hello everyone. I'm relatively new here, but I've picked up the ropes with FFTPatcher fairly well. Right now, I'm adding new character with ranged skills (more specifically, arrow skills), but I've run into a problem:

When I try to use the edited skills, they don't fire arrows and with one of them (it hits multiple times), the character just jumps at the enemy target over and over. For the effect animation in both, I'm using FFFF (the default for regular attacks, it seems) but I'm wondering if maybe there is a specific one you need to use for arrow attacks?

Any help you could give would be most appreciated.

LastingDawn

August 17, 2009, 12:42:01 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
That would be based on Animations in the Animations field, you sound as if you're using Compress or Destroy (which on humans activates Jump and falling jump animations) Go to their spots in the Animation field and go to their spots and change them to 07000, that'st typical weapon strike, also don't forget to mark Weapon Strike in that subsection of the actual ability.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

kafei

August 17, 2009, 03:58:01 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by kafei
Hm, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by the animations field. Maybe it'd help if I post a screenshot of the skill.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a317/ ... atcher.png

Basically I want this skill to just fire a bunch of arrows in a row.

LastingDawn

August 17, 2009, 04:00:57 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Right, sorry... you're using an old version, you should check out the Hacking/Patching Tools section for the newest version.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

kafei

August 17, 2009, 04:19:22 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by kafei
Aha... I see. I grabbed the most recent one off the site, and figured that was the most up-to-date. Thanks a bunch! I'll take a look using the new version.

EDIT: The first skill works fine after editing the animation, but the multi-hit still seems to goof up after the initial hit. I'm probably going about it the wrong way, so let me ask this: if I want to make a skill that hits an enemy with multiple arrows in succession (it doesn't really matter how many as long as it's two or more, but ideally 3-4) what do I need to do?

I hope I'm not bothering you too much. I do appreciate what you've done for me so far. You've been a great help.