• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:58:33 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

PSV files

Started by Kill_Bones, March 09, 2011, 06:58:44 pm

Kill_Bones

For those of you who don't know, .psv is the type of file a PS3 uses to save PS1 games on it's hard drive. Gamefags has these files available for download. This allows a person to get hacked saves and play them on a PS3 instead of an emulator. I came across a bunch of these files recently, and a question popped into my head.

Could, in theory, a hack such as 1.3 or Complete be converted to a PSV Save and played on a console?

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....

GeneralStrife

Uhh....A save doesn't have all that changed data....99% sure No.

Kill_Bones

March 09, 2011, 08:16:30 pm #2 Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 08:17:15 pm by Kill_Bones
Yeah, it would probably keep your characters and data but removes game changes such as text or item stats. So scratch that. This idea just popped into my head when I noticed a FF7 save had text edits and scripted events that weren't in the normal game.

But I'm fairly certain spriteswap saves would work( I have a save with a humantype Altima, so I'm pretty sure.) But, I could be wrong. Even if it did work, All in all, I still need to get a damn computer, typing with a controller is killing my thumbs...

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....

Gotwald

Alternatively, you could simply plug a USB keyboard into your PS3
-- Attention Citizens, this is the Computer. 2 + 2 now equals 3.9999238849009985. Please recalibrate your equipment.

My youtube Channel
My 1.3 Playthough (Complete)
My Final fantasy I Blind playthrough