• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 02:15:58 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

[ask] about fixing delita (ch2-3) sprite on formation screen

Started by SilverRegret, May 24, 2013, 11:55:54 pm

SilverRegret

hi all, im new here..and i should say wow, i'm impressed, i did'nt know there's a lot of FFT fans out there that willing to exploring FFT mechanics till this extend..
after browsing and searching and some of the tutorials i have a question about character sprite..i hope that there's someone that could explain/ help me.. i've tried hacking on FFT (PSX) character rooster to add some of officially unplayable character such as alma, ovelia or delita on my character formation rooster, but im left with a disappointment because square that time left some incomplete character design on formation screen such as delita with chapter 1 ramza sprite.
next FFT WOTL came out, after the rumor Delita is now playable and seeing delita zirekille battle, once again they got my hope up that delita sprite fixed already. but after i hack to his character using lioneditor, once again im left disappointed.. even those whose appearance small like Balmafula (Valmafra in PSP) got her own sprite design.. why SE left more major character sprite being incomplete..
now, my question is can the sprite on formation screen be fixed? if it can, can anyone kind enough to help explain on how i fixed those?
also this section of page on wikia is outdated and i cant access the links there.. http://ffhacktics.com/wiki/Sprite_Types
sorry if im being a bother..and thanks before..
best regards..

SilverRegret

here's the deal.. i mean now im understand how to import sprite and picture in-battle and on the formation screen, but how.. ehm WHERE the directory if i want to import/change the sprite of non party member unit like delita ch2 or templar knights? the FFTEVGRP only listing the party member characters only, so i can only edit ch1 delita to change his sprite to be looks like ch2 delita but where the ch2 delita sprite stored? and can i edit it?
thanks a lot to anyone that help me.. it means a lot for a newbie like me..

SilverRegret

after alot time rummaging on the site.. (really no one help me till now..)
i finally see a turn around way to give a formation sprite to delita and other templar knight (special characters).. by assigning their id to another unused id with formation sprite (like id 14 = sprite 08 or id 20 = sprite 09) by using UWentries by Glain then change that formation sprite & potrait with respective character sprite.
the problem is..
it needed FFTorgASM that didnt seems works for PSP .ISO.
so anyone know how to solve these? maybe on how to manually apply the patch? or probably how to extract the .bin files?
come on.. give me a little help please..

cowcow96

Which .bin you mean? Unit.bin and the other two for sprites and pirtrait? Then you have to download cdmage from this site, open your iso with M2 then go to the event folder, scroll down and there you find Unit.bin Wildface.bin and wildface4.bin, extract them and open it with FFTEVGRP. The next part you know I hope if not I can help you again.
But I am not sure if you can open FFT WOTL with CDMage

cowcow96

Sry I watched if you can open FFT WOTL with cdmage but it isnt possible. Sry, another way I dont know, I use FFT for PSX. I gonna ask google. If i find something i tell you.

SilverRegret

@cowcow96
first of all.. thanks a lot for your attention bro.. it means a lot for me
i already can import the sprite to PSP via replacing other party member sprite like Celdia's tutorial, basically here's what i do

to import the custom formation i need the UNIT.BIN dan WLDFACE.BIN inside the EVENT folder
INSIDE fftpack.bin, how i extract it is :
i open my clean WOTL iso using UMD GEN 4.00 and extract the fftpack.bin under PSP_GAME, USRDIR directory.
- then i open FFT patcher and choose PSP utilities to extract fftpack.bin.
- with fftpack.bin extracted
the rest is like Celdia's tutorial here: ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=6702.0
with that i can have delita (chapter1, base job squire) with formation, pre battle and in battle sprite of holy knight delita (chapter 2-3)
but with that, everytime i start a new game, i wont see chapter1 delita anymore as his sprite is now delita2, also i need to change his job back to holy knight with lioneditor everytime after i changed his job..

then i wonder if can i insert a sprite for ID 05 (the true delita chapter2 ID).
after rummaging the site all day long, i found UW Entries by Glain
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=7833.msg156723#msg156723
that can assign which formation sprite & potrait used by job ID. i tried to change the spreadsheet, prepare the xml file, edited UNIT & WLDFACE bin and even learn to edit ENTD events
just to find that FFTorgASM needed to aply xml file is NOT COMPATIBLE with psp WAR OF THE LION iso..and that left me down..
so if you can help me / give me a direction i'd very grateful..

cowcow96

Sry now I cant help you anymore but I gonna try it and searching on google. If I find anything about it you gonna get a message from me.