• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 10:38:11 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Shishi Works Jobs and Zodiacs

Started by shishi-sensou, February 21, 2011, 08:02:14 am

Kagebunji

Not always. Mostly Nanten palette is black or gold, look at Lancer, or at male wizard for best examples. Purple is sometime included in 5th too, but not soo often IIRC.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

mav

Teal/blue and green for Hokuten. Black, gold, red for Nanten. Brown and green for Death Corps. Pinkish red, purple, and white for the other. It's hard to say what the primary always is, cause a lot of it depends on the sprite. Some of them can handle three colors, others can only handle one or two. It depends. Always take a look at the original sprites' palettes when you're making your own.

shishi-sensou

September 02, 2011, 07:44:03 pm #82 Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 08:43:03 pm by shishi-sensou
thanks kage Can you help me with the palletes?
new project
he is
Frederic the Lost Knight

Wolfran

I like that portrait,shishi.
But the sprite needs more work.Like the pants in the back frame looks flat, and the right arm in the back frames is naked and the others frames is the left arm.
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

shishi-sensou

Quote from: Wolfran on September 02, 2011, 07:55:44 pm
I like that portrait,shishi.
But the sprite needs more work.Like the pants in the back frame looks flat, and the right arm in the back frames is naked and the others frames is the left arm.
the arm is naked because I want it

Wolfran

I meant the left arm in the first 3 poses is armored and the other 2 frames the right arm has that armor.
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

shishi-sensou

Quote from: Wolfran on September 02, 2011, 08:09:09 pm
I meant the left arm in the first 3 poses is armored and the other 2 frames the right arm has that armor.

show me

GeneralStrife

Quote from: shishi-sensou on September 02, 2011, 08:29:32 pm
show me

You switched the arms the last two poses by accident.

Tea

Doesn't the game frequently mirror the poses, so it does not really matter anyways?

Kagebunji

It does mirror, but here it mirrors wrongly. Easiest solution would be looking at Dart sprite from main page, Shishi, he has one armored arm and one naked, you can use that as a reference. And I can do the palettes for you, just send me a finished sprite and portrait.

shishi-sensou

:more:
refers to this?

Kagebunji

Yes, now it is perfect. I like the portrait a lot.

shishi-sensou

GeneralStrife

I looked closely at the port in paint, looks good, like what you did with it. I haven't seen someone do hair like that lol, I hope it's sixteen colors.

shishi-sensou

September 03, 2011, 08:35:20 pm #95 Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 03:25:17 pm by shishi-sensou
full armor =D edition
Tsubasa The Asura completed

GeneralStrife

congrats! I like it, you certainly have your own style. and the full armor prototype sure is intriguing.....lots of stuff going on in it.

Mando

September 04, 2011, 01:25:21 am #97 Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 04:52:05 am by Mando
Nice job shishi-sensou!
I am glad you finished him!!!! Is the girl almost done? because I would use them both myself :)

make sure the portrait is 16 colors only next time.... also you need to make the main sprite 256x488
I uploaded a fixed version for you here that is 16 colors now :) So just insert it using the steps below in a 256x488 sprite sheet.

1.Do not share colors between your portrait and the sprite sheet.
2.The sprite sheet (before the portrait) needs to be 16 colors all in the first palette/color row.
3.The first color in that row should always be black.
4.The 16 colors for the portrait start on row 9.
5. Always start with the color R168, G160, B136. Those colors are what surround the portrait and make it look brown.

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

Kagebunji

Great! If you will upload a normal sized sheet(256x488), like Mando mentioned, I could do the generic palettes for you.

shishi-sensou

September 04, 2011, 03:06:35 pm #99 Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 07:16:50 pm by shishi-sensou
thanks mando,soon will finish the female version
I hope you can help me with the correct size and other details of the sprite
 kage-san, thanks hope to see the palettes soon
now the Asura weapon
the growing dragon spears