• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 06:14:18 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Started by Havermayer, May 05, 2011, 07:29:23 pm

Kaijyuu

Well, coat colors couldn't represent race since ponies are every color of the rainbow.

The "other races" like zebras, buffalo, griffons, dragons, and later donkeys and mules are treated pretty much equally in Equestrian society, except when there's an aesop to deliver (like with Zecora's episode). There might be a point to be made about the buffalo being a stereotype rather than representing any real native american culture, but beyond that I honestly see zero problem.

Your argument seems to be that ponies are "normal" and everyone else is "weird" but I don't see that. Ponies are simply the society that the story focuses on. It's set in a pony nation. Ask a zebra what's "normal" and they'll say zebras. Remember, MLP is a fantasy setting; different species will be functionally treated as different races/cultures, just like elves/dwarves/etc are treated in other fantasy settings.

Don't equate "different" and "bad". That reeks of positive discrimination.
  • Modding version: PSX

DaveSW

I really don't want to argue about this with you.  You win.
I am awesome.

Kaijyuu

Heh, I really don't care about "winning" so if you've got opinions feel free to share 'em. You won't offend me, and nothing I say is intended as a personal attack, so don't worry about feelings being hurt or anything.

I also love nitpicking this show to pieces so don't worry about "reading into it too deeply" or anything like that. I'm very guilty of that myself.
  • Modding version: PSX