• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 12:52:50 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Jon's Sprites

Started by Jon, December 09, 2009, 05:15:18 am

Wolfran

Use a circlet  like Cecil (or whatever he wears) instead of a helmet.
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

VampragonLord

links hat looks much better
jon why dont you ever stick to your attempts anymore? youve got a decent number of started sprites that you seem to do nothing further with
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

mav

The colors on the Paladin are blinding. Look to other armored units for palette replacements.

Jon

Oh snap, I am not working on one project! My attention span is terrible, okay how about this, first I will devote my entire attention to Link to get him done with, then either the Cactuar or the Paladin, and then the other. I should really do one thing at a time...y'all are right about that...

The back walking poses are almost done, just gotta do the boots, and right now look nice in shishi, but imo they look a bit to "cute", because the hat sorta swings from left to right. It doesn't look bad or anything, just funny. I might change that.
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Jon

Possible ocarina? Link has a lot to do with music, but I never saw him singing, this might be better. Now I have 2 colors too many... <_<

Jon

Dark Knight with purple palette (from Ramza) including purple palette portrait. I am posting this here because posting it on Sprite Submission is cheap (considering all I did was finish the purple coloring):

Wolfran

Try with green so it could be the Green Knight  :mrgreen:

Jon

Green Knight:

Kagebunji

C'mon, add something more to him, it is just a headswap with recolor! I know you are able to do more than this!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Cheetah

You need highlights and color variety. Right now he is kind of straight up fuggly, but the basic concept is good.
Current Projects:

Wolfran

Now I can play with Sir Gawain and the Green Knight :D

Jon

@Wolfran: J.R.R. Tolkien's short story, am I right?

@C and K: Actually I loled, because yeah, since the beginning I thought that this was kinda cheap. I think noobs can do stuff like this >_> I did draw the helmets on manually, helmet for helmet to give myself the feeling that I was doing something. I might do a FF4 Cecil version with gold trim and those red "spots" that seem sorta random imo. I was wondering also, are any of you out there Castlevania fans like me? You see, FFT has the perfect (and I mean really perfect) enviroment to make a Castlevania tactics game. Castle maps, forests, a giant waterfall, ect. I think I will add to the list to do (after Link, Cactuar and maybe Paladin) some Castlevania heroes and possibly monsters. Hopefully by then my skills with spriting will be half decent that I can actually accomplish this. Dunno right now though, Link is going incredibly slow partly due to the fact that I am sorta bored with him, and honestly the Cactuar which should only have about 6 poses seems so hard, nevertheless sprites are on the way people, but they will probably be below average quality. Sorry for rambling like this ;)

Wolfran

Nop, actually Tolkien just did a translation of the book.
Try to finish Link, is almost done.

Cheetah

Castlevania is good stuff. I believe there is already a completed Alucard.
Current Projects:

Zozma

Quote from: "Cheetah"You need highlights and color variety. Right now he is kind of straight up fuggly, but the basic concept is good.

i told u he needed the red and yellow like u see on normal cecil's sprfite in snes lol, or perhaps that was gold
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Jon

C'mon people! I am starting a new wave here! Everyone get their Zodiac sign next to their avatar's Portrait! Do it! Don't ask questions!! If you want, you can find the correct avatar (I believe) under Spam under a topic I started! Whoever doesn't have a Zodiac sign next to their port is uncool! Now get choppin'!!

Wolfran

Your Idea is kind silly but I like it ;)

Jon

I guess nobody wants a zodiac sign anymore...oh well at least one person did it, Wolfran. Also, I thought about what Zozma said a while ago, that I should stay on one topic, so I have decided never to post anything again that isn't complete to nearly complete. Otherwise I am just making a whole bunch of ideas which I cannot follow up on. Now I must go back to work. And c'mon people, consider the zodiac sign idea at least, I think its pretty cool!

ronan

Whatever you want, if it can motivate you to finish Link  :P

sol

Where can i get the FFTacText Editor cuz i tried getting it from here but it doesn't do.....where can i find it it...i've looked everwhere and still nothing...i need this bad