• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 08:13:01 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Pride's ASM - "Charge gains unique status" error

Started by Eladan, December 04, 2020, 11:08:13 pm

Eladan

Hey all... been a follower of this site for years but just recently started modding. Here's my situation:

Altering the Archer to the Ranger (nothing new there) and want to use Pride's "Charge gains unique status effects" mod. It's the only ASM mod I'm using and I'm getting the mid-combat freeze glitch. Looking at free space in the OrgASM file, it's showing conflicts. Is there something I can do to resolve this or is this mod simply not ready for showtime?
  • Modding version: PSX

Eladan

To quote Ben Stein: "Anybody? Anybody?"

Has anyone else had an issue using the Charge hack? Any solutions?
  • Modding version: PSX

Glain

I tried this out earlier today. I didn't get any freezing but did get weird behavior (enemy AI attacking their own units!) 

I think the issue is that the code block in the second Location tag is one line too long, and overlaps another case (which would jump directly to that line, storing a bad value).  I was able to make a modification that I think got it to work though.

What I did was cut the last line of the second Location tag, paste it over the first nop in the first Location tag, change r2 to r5 in that line, and change r2 to r5 in the "Load Charge Power" line.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown