• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:09:53 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Having a hard time can someone help me with this.

Started by Furry_Fan, December 20, 2008, 04:45:15 am

Furry_Fan

December 20, 2008, 04:45:15 am Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Furry_Fan
Ok, I am trying to replace a job on the job wheel with another job that i customized the skill set for.

for example I want to change bard into a holy knight and in the holy knight skillset i put the usual ability plus a few ability that the class does not have such as despell magic cure and the like.  Now I know to put the bards skill set to holy Sword skill but the problem I am having is that when i set up holy sword skills ability and replace sing with holy sword skill and then boot up the game all my skills are listed and are able to be learned yet when I learn them and go into battle the skills are stuck at the first for skills stasis sword split punch crush punch and lightning stab holy explosion and everything after are completely not accessible even if there learned and there out side of battle.  this happens with no matter what sword skill set i choose such as Sword Skill and the various different holy swords in FFT Patcher.  Now the odd thing about this is this happens with all my generics.  but when i change Ramza to bard he has almost all of them hes still missing some ability he should have but he has more then everyone els.  its baffling me I don't know what to do to fix it.  if anyone can tell me how to replace jobs on the job wheel completely or make it so my sword skill list isn't messed up so I can actually use what I have learned and put on the ability list I would appreciate it.  and or if someone can tell me how to replace mime as I originally wanted to get rid of mime and keep bard but found no matter what he cant equip items or ability's and I am too new at this to just figure it out.

Vanya

December 20, 2008, 03:01:48 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Won't work if you replace sing with another set. You have to edit the skills listed in sing instead. swap them for the ones you want. Common noob error. We should have a sticky for it.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

DarthPaul

December 20, 2008, 03:12:19 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Quite I hadn't even thought of this problem since I did it...........someone sticky this!
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Furry_Fan

December 20, 2008, 05:15:12 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Furry_Fan
Ah, thank you for you're time in answering my question I did not even think to just edit sngs ability list and just change the text of sing I really appreciate you're time.