• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 20, 2024, 02:07:52 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

New Chinese Valentine's Sprite Contest!!

Started by Vanya, January 29, 2010, 02:42:04 pm

jimmyjw88

Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Vanya

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

jimmyjw88

Haha. Wow...I never thought of that. Thanks ^^
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

mav

Oh shit, I need more time to write up the verdicts. Sorry bout that.

Vanya

I think this has devolved far bellow the point of caring about being late for anything.
¯\(°_0)/¯

jimmyjw88

Kagebunji

jimmyjw88

mav

Certainly not incentive for me to post my verdicts...especially since no one else has.

Cheetah

Quote from: "mav"Certainly not incentive for me to post my verdicts...especially since no one else has.

I already posted my rankings a page ago thank you very much.
Current Projects:

Kagebunji

mav

Hahaha. In that case, I'll get mine out ASAP.

Sorry folks.

jimmyjw88

Who are the judges again? Sir Cheetah, mav, Silvas?

SilvasRuin

I had thought you guys gave up on waiting for my results a while ago.  I need to remember to post them tomorrow since I was wrong about that.

SilvasRuin

My response:

1. Jimmy, the date.  Fit the feel of both, creative, very clean edit, and the guy being attacked was amusing.
2. Jimmy, the tiger cupid.  Fit both sufficiently, creative, and overall a solid looking edit.
3. Tonb3rry, St. Valentine.  Fit Valentines, decent edit though it had a few problems, used some original art (as far as I could tell).
4. Kokojo, Altima.  Decent edit, the heart and flower do not blend in nearly as well as they could, disturbing and amusing.
5. Tonb3rry, Lust.  Fit the themes to some degree, but Cheetah is right, it got worse as you continued.  The boobs are too outlined in the original but are barely noticeable at all in the latest, so you jumped between extremes there.  Overall it has potential, but that potential was not sufficiently met.

Vanya

¯\(°_0)/¯

mav

5. Tonb3rry, St. Valentine. Well, it fits the Valentine theme pretty decently. It's not as well executed or inventive as some of the others, but it's got some appeal to it.
4. Kokojo, Altima edit. Hilarious edit. While it may not have fit both themes perfectly, Koko did a great job defending his choice. That, and the sheer hilarity of the sprite got it this rank.
3. Tonb3rry, Lust. I was extremely impressed with the original design. The toned down version was so-so, but you can see the effort in this sprite. It's probably the most creative in this competition.
2. Jimmy, the date. I'm a sucker for good-looking sprites, so this one was a clear front runner. The only area it may have lagged in was for meeting the Chinese New Year criteria. Still a fine submission though--I wouldn't mind seeing it completed as a full sprite.
1. Jimmy, Cupid Cub. Hit both criterion on the head, it was designed well, followed the rules, and was freaking cute as hell. Great submission.

There ya go.

jimmyjw88

I won. Yay!! Well, by default as not much entries. Hehe.
So, did I win any prize? Lol.

SilvasRuin

You win the job of finishing both those sprites and getting them in the download section.

mav