• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 28, 2024, 12:41:01 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Kagebunji's sprites- Moving on...

Started by Kagebunji, August 04, 2009, 02:29:37 pm

Jon

Haha, I really want it, I always wanted Ramza to have a "stuffed animal" side kick like Marche has (*joking). But I do really want a moogle sprite, ever since Mog's House in FF7 I like them furry little creatures a lot. Ha, we could get a male, female, and like 20 something multi-colored moogle babys running around. The reason why I would like is like I said above, to mainly get rid of the Uribo family which should have been a spell affect like Frog called Pig or something instead of a unit class. Does anyone agree with me? Them pigs piss me off....
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

jimmyjw88

Hmm...Alright then. I'll give it my best shot ^^
I'll probably start soon.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Jon

Thank you very much Jim ;) I am very much looking forward to this, in fact if you do do a moogle, I might play FFT through again if I find some time.

jimmyjw88

Thank me? For? The sprite is made by Kage, not me. ^^
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Jon

Kagebunji

And you thank me for? I was unpresent for a while on site :D I also tried to work with Lezard, and he has only 3 to go.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

mav

Kagebunji

Ok, as promised, I'm posting a Moogle sprite! Tell me what you think about palette, if it's ok, then I guess it can go to submission.

mav

Finally. The sprite looks good overall, but it needs a little fixing: the eyes are too angular and the reds on the wings, nose, and pompom could use more contrast. Likewise, the nose looks a little too low, but I'd fix the eyes and wing color before anything else.

Kagebunji

Yeah.. I kinda forgot to desaturate the reds, nose remained untouched afterall, so no surprise it is bad. I will fix the colors and eyes, no worries there, but after that I'm ditching the sprite and moving forward to others :)

SilvasRuin

Can't you just move the nose a bit before ditching it?  It's so close to being complete, why not fix all three minor details instead of just two of them?

Kagebunji

Ok, as you wish :P. So, move nose, desaturate red, and fix eyes, got it. Is the color of his fur okay though?

Vanya

¯\(°_0)/¯

jimmyjw88

mav

Did you make other palettes? I mean, once this has three palettes it would be perfectly easy for anyone to implement in-game...If you want palettes, I could always take care of 'em, if you're busy.

Honestly though, this is the best iteration of the Moogle we've seen yet. Great work, Kage.

SilvasRuin

What would you do for palettes?  Change the wing and nose color?  Some have had red wings and noses, others have had purple wings and black noses...

mav

Yeah, your suggestions could easily work, Silvas. And since this sprite is more whitish, I could do one off-white version (like the portrait), maybe a dark beige one, I dunno.

Kagebunji

Yeah, I would be glad if you could do palettes, but wait please until I repair nose and eyes, okay? And I'm happy to know you all like it.

mav

Of course, of course. I would never touch an unfinished sprite.