• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

ff4(2us) hack lol patch

Started by Zozma, February 02, 2011, 09:51:27 pm

Zozma

June 28, 2011, 01:24:12 am #80 Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 01:34:28 am by Zozma
actually several names have to be shortened. there's a limited amount of space that's why phoenix down is just life
i cant fit enough of the words in there for it to look good.

there might be spelling errors here too it was a partially copied list from the original item list

but anyway even the names i have, most of them are way too long. its unfortunate but not much i can do

also keep in mind that the names are of consumable items as opposed to magical spells to some degree so the names
i give them will reflect as such. and as for things like X-Potion being uncreative, one important goal is to remain consistent with names of commonly found "chemist" items seen in other FF games. so things like X-Potion or Soft or Echo Herb will remain as such.
Ideally use of the name Phoenix Down would be desired for the "Life" item.

Then for things like "nightshade" again, the status it inflicts as a lethal poison item and not a spell.
plus the name would not be used elsewhere anyway. so it could be considered a waste of a cool name, but otherwise it wouldn't be used at all.

I appreciate the assistance with names, Ill certainly make use of some of them
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

LastingDawn

Quote from: Fenrir90 on June 27, 2011, 11:28:53 pm
Nope, I don't find anything odd about it personally.

Anyways, to your list of items.

BD - Virus         [Casts "Virus" on enemy, Purple Bio visual effect] -> Plague
C7 - Quake         [Damage based on fraction of enemy hp, non elemental] -> Earth Drum
D4 - Life         [Life1 on one ally] -> Phoenix Down (Not fond of Life)
C5 - Barrier         [Wall +Blink?] -> Wall (Reflect) + Protect + Shell + maybe Blink. (make rare drop)
CB - Scan          [Scan enemies] -> Library (Not fond of Scan)
8A - Hastega         [Cast Haste on all ally] -> Tailwind
B8 - Drain          [A more potent version of Drain] -> Leech
C0 - FireBomb         [Damage based on caster hp +Fire element bonus] -> Fire Grenade/Napalm (Bomb is too vague of a word)
C1 - IceBomb         [Damage based on caster hp +Ice element bonus] -> Ice  Grenade/Napalm (Bomb is too vague of a word)
C2 - BoltBomb         [Damage based on caster hp +Thunder element bonus] -> Bolt Grenade/Napalm (Bomb is too vague of a word)
B7 - Osmose          [A more potent version of Aspil] -> Absorption (Not fond of Osmose)
C4 - Explode         [Explode, one enemy] -> Combust
D3 - Elixer         [Recover all HP/MP to one] -> Spelled wrong (Elixir)
D5 - Soft         [Cures Petrify] -> Golden Needle (Not fond of Soft)
D7 - X-Ether         [Restore all MP to one] -> Dry Ether (X-Ether is an uncreative name)
E6 - Sight         [Zoom out to view more of the map] -> Vision/Eagle Eyes/Bird's View (bird's-eye view)
E5 - Warp Stone         [Warp out of dungeons or away from a battle] -> Teleport (Never care for the name Warp Stone, even in FFVI)
DE - Alert         [Trigger a random battle] -> Great Hunt (Taken from Mythology/Folklore)
B3 - AirBomb         [Casts valvalis' "Storm" on all enemies] -> Maelstrom (Behemoth and Valvalis tech - Bomb is too vague of a word)
B4 - Nightshade         [Cast "Doom" on single target] -> Condemn (Waste of a good name, Nightshade sounds more like a dark spell)
B5 - WhiteFlame         [Damage based on caster hp +Holy element bonus] -> Divine Flame/Holy Flame
C9 - Belladonna         [Instant death on single target, Demolish visual effect] -> Demise/Annihilation/Eradication/Oblivion
CA - Summon         [Cast a random summon] -> Evoke Tome
D0 - X-Potion         [Recover a large amount of HP] -> Water of Life/Life Water/Aqua Vitae (X-Potion is an uncreative name)
B0 - FairyDust          [Allure on all enemies, lamia hearts visual effect] -> Entice/Enchantment
E3 - Cabin         [Recover all party HP/MP, map only] -> Cottage (Not fond of Cabin)

Is this all the items available, are there any more items that can be transformed? Or is this the final list?

He's stuck to the space limit of 8 letters for items and some of the changes you're asking for a bit superfluous.

While I agree with Virus and GaiaDrum (8 Letters), Life is pretty much all that will fit. Revive would work, but that's not very FF-like.

Barrier is fine as is, it's already a rare drop in the normal game.

Scan is what it was called back then, the Scan item however was called Bestiary, which should fit.

Tailwind is a reference to FFT, but even there it only worked on one unit. Hastega works better in this case, I feel.

Drain to Leech sounds fine.

The bombs are fine with me, though recent updates to the game would call them Blue/White/Red Fangs

Osmose is a fine name, I never had a problem with it in any FF game.

Explode, combust, no real difference...

GoldenNeedle won't fit, that's for sure. Soft will have to do.

Dry Ether is what they are called, so little complaint there.

Sight, what a useless spell... get rid of that item if you can Zozma.

Warp Stone is a nice reference to FFVI, I say keep it.

Since you win Alert's from machines... it's quite likely they are machines.

I'd almost say making AirBomb into Wind Bag, a reference to The Odyssey

Though about Nightshade... (that's a bit over the limit, no?) I thought you said that you wouldn't give the player access to Doom because of that bug?

WhiteFlame's too long isn't it? I would go with HolyFire, same principle.

Belladonna is a great name, but it won't fit, will it?

Summon is called a Grimoire, even in the original FFIV, I think?

X-Potion is a series staple, no need to change it now.

I suggest "Fey Dust" to stay in the letter limit, nice reference there. Fairies are often related to confusion in FFIV.

Cabin, Cottage, eh same thing.

"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Zozma

June 28, 2011, 06:19:40 am #82 Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 06:31:32 am by Zozma
Thanks for your assistance as well LD

I like the ideas too.

The Doom inflicting item is meant to be something that, through the course of an entire game it is only possible to get 2 which would eliminate the major glitch. (that is provided that the boss bit comes in to play preventing this from killing some huge boss)

yes some of the names are too long in the list, and ive yet to provide better words

WhiteFang does not even fit, thats why i went with IceBomb. (all 3 i guess could be changed from Bomb to Fang tho)

for Virus, well Plague could work. basically it lets you cast a more potent Bio spell which was originally called Virus.

and Sight, I eliminated the white mage spell sight and turned its spell slot into Blind, so the only way to actually use "Sight" is with this item... still i suppose it has no use anyway. I agree, something better could replace this. any ideas?

Note as well, that giving these items 8 letters excludes the item icon, but to remove the icon for another letter makes it tacky. currently every item now has an icon.

Also Phoenix Pinion (life on all targets) to fit i called it "Revivify" another word taken from ff6

Fenrir90

June 28, 2011, 06:29:05 am #83 Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 06:36:45 am by Fenrir90
Thanks for your input LastingDawn. Sorry, but the names all came from either my memory, my imagination, confirmation from the dictionary, help from google for the status effect (things related - names - to specific status effect) as well as a online synonym dictionary. Here is the non-FF definition of tailwind if you are not already aware of it. No FFT intended when suggesting Tailwind as I knew that word and what the meaning was way before FFT coined the name.

Definition: A tailwind is a wind that blows in the direction of travel of an object. A tailwind increases the object's speed and reduces the time required to reach its destination (wikipedia). Could put other sources, but too lazy to do it.

Tailwind is quite the opposite of Spider Web (name provided by Zozma) as we all know that its purpose is to slow down/entangle its prey. Might as well rename Spider Wed to Slowga to fit with Hastega, would look better from a cosmetic point of view.

As for the item character limit, I though it was 10 + 1 (if you remove the item icon - most have blank space anyway) = 11 in total. Thanks for correcting me on that part.

I'm confused here Zozma and clarification would be appreciated. Did you say that you wanted to make pseudo "blue magic" through the items has oppose to the generic item spell effects and the names they possess or have I read your post(s) entirely wrong? Or did you change your mind in the end and you decided to go along with the original FFIV names and spell effects?

LastingDawn, speaking, but more like mentioning FFT. Did you know that everyones favorite knight, Agrias will make a cameo appearance in FFIV. I hope Zozma hasn't change his mind about puting her in. I'm looking forward to seeing her. :D Hmm, I wonder where she'll be place to appear, maybe in Troia.

Zozma

June 28, 2011, 06:42:35 am #84 Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 11:42:25 am by Zozma
as far as pseudo blue magic, i had to let that go. this game doesn't have all the resource to create the ones consistent with other ff games. but some of the items definitely have unique appearances. and are subject to change.

this is FF2us 1.0 with an item icon item names are limited to 8 characters...

as far as an agrias npc I'm hoping that i can pull off enough detail in such a tiny sprite... heres hoping.

Hastega and Slowga
I think Slowga is a waste of an item because white mages can multi target slow anyway
ill probably use this item for something else.
Tailwind might actually be fine for Hastega with slowga out of the picture
and Stopga is simply "Magnet" as that will be its visual effect as well.

"Alert" i might leave as is, or change to "Siren"

Zozma

June 30, 2011, 06:08:51 am #85 Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 03:42:31 am by Zozma
geez, pretty tough cookie...

ok enough fooling around! back to work i go...

Cheetah

Current Projects:

Fenrir90

Quite amazing Zozma, Agrias looks good!

I remember you saying that Tellah will have decent/better stats than his original conterpart, but will Tellah be getting all his spells? There were 5 spells he never got in the original game which are White/Holy, Life 2/Arise, Quake, Nuke/Flare and Fatal/Death? It'll be pretty pointless to chose Tellah at end game if he's missing these useful spells over another Black Mage who got/gets them.

Zozma

July 01, 2011, 05:07:26 pm #88 Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 05:42:57 pm by Zozma
tellah not only gets all white and black magic, but he learns it naturally instead of per event.

this means no bolt3/fire3/ice3 or meteor while strolling through magnet cave and zot... and no one hit KO on kagnazzio with Bolt3 for that matter. (palom actually does more magic damage then tellah by lvl20, but give tellah a good 5 or 10 more levels)

As a sage he also learns the spells slightly faster, but Meteo and Holy are still learned about the same time that Rosa or Rydia would learn them.

he has the highest MP and wis/will growth in the game and the lowest hp growth, but starts on lvl10 instead of lvl20.
his starting spells match what palom and porom start with on level 10 as well basically what any white and black mage would have by level10

in the screenshot here you are seeing him on lvl20 there is a slight variation as you can see. The default Tellah has 340 hp and 90 mp on lvl20 but here his hp could be a few points lower or higher depending on the randomness of the extra hp point per level.

Zozma

July 03, 2011, 07:17:31 pm #89 Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 07:36:13 pm by Zozma
Ok so one dilema. the "Regen" command and Baigan

Originally I was going to give it to Paladin, Baigan. as his only commands otherwise were Fight, White(limited) and Item

But the regeneration rate being 250 per cycle on each party member and it targets all party (theres no way to make it single target, doing so still results in the entire party  regenerating (casting it targetted on an enemy also results in the party regenerating instead for that matter)

This is more powerful that Cure2 at this point in the game and because it does not stop regenerating for an entire battle it may be too much, even towards the end of the game. Im considering changing the regenerate value to 100 as a result and making it so that you only have this ability if you choose to get baigan back for your final trip to the lunar core.

Other than that I'm at a loss on what else to give him for an ability. Cover does not work for anyone but Cecil. My only other idea is Yang's "store" command which doubles damage to one enemy with a physical attack at the cost of a slight wait for it to fire off.

Eternal

Can't you set it to a percentage of HP at all?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Zozma

July 03, 2011, 07:37:48 pm #91 Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 07:53:07 pm by Zozma
nope, its just like safe or shell, they are solid numbers. I guess someone would have to asm to turn that into a %
and we all know that's not gonna happen.

the other big problem with it is that it does not wear off, and cant be dispelled.

I have a blank ability slot left that can be used to make the character cast any one spell I want it to. The character takes a defensive stance when casting it then stays in that stance till their turn is over. I wonder what I could give him.... This was originally Yang's "Endure" skill that just casts Protect on him. but Im able to make it do something else.

LastingDawn

Hmm, why not have Baigan cast Reflect on himself with that skill. It's a nice reference and foreshadowing to what his monster form seems to do non stop.

Art of War

Zozma

I've actually considered that too LD, the only thing is, the amount of skills that are available, i prefer to have them do something unique... I wish i could do something more, like make it cast reflect+shell or something....

LastingDawn

True, hmm... let's see just because he's in a defending stance doesn't really mean that he has to defend. Perhaps a "Turn Undead" ability like D&D? An ability that can only be used on enemies which would normally "cure" the enemy, unless its undead, where it would damage them for a hefty amount.

Art of War

Fenrir90

July 04, 2011, 12:38:14 pm #95 Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 02:26:53 pm by Fenrir90
What are your limits for that skill? Insert spell effects, etc? For that Baigan's skill.

Edit:

Something came to my mind.

War Cry/Glory - Increase Atk for all allies (similar to what protect and shell does), if this even possible for you?

Edit 2:

Pray/Bless/Healing/Enlight/Refresh - Cast Cure 2/Cura on all party members (similar to Rosa's Pray).
Heal/Medic/Panacea/Restore - Cast Heal/Esuna on all party members, removes all bad statuses from party (Dr. Lugae ability).
Remedy - Restores HP equal to 1/10 of max HP. single target (Defense Node ability).

Edit 3:

Just a tought that came to me while looking through the FFIV enemy ability list. For another of Edge Ninjutsu ability, I came across the enemy ability called Needles (Ninja used Blow Darts).

That's pretty much all I could come up with ideas Zozma, the rest is up to you.

Zozma

July 04, 2011, 02:28:18 pm #96 Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 02:39:24 pm by Zozma
He doesn't need a healing or remedy type skill because he learns Cure1 2 and 3 and also learns Life1 and Esuna
Safe and Shell.

There is no formula for increasing attack power.

I can assign any spell to this, weather it be one of the empty slots that i can make a custom one for or even one of the enemy skills

Limits?:

The game formulas are not really designed to allow you to inflict multiple status.
(If i could then it would be simple, let him cast safe/shell/reflect on himself all in one turn)
(including reflect in this would prevent you from overuse as sometimes youd want to be able
to cast cure on him etc)

Fenrir90

I can't see nothing in the enemy ability list that would qualify for an Paladin ability.

The only ones that I can come up with would either be Beam, Laser, Laser Barrage, Maser or Heat Ray renamed into Holy Ray with White/Holy spell effect palette, that's pretty much it.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Final_Fantasy_IV_Enemy_Abilities

Eternal

Absorb would be kinda cool, to heal his own HP without using MP.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Fenrir90

July 04, 2011, 03:13:18 pm #99 Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 03:19:56 pm by Fenrir90
Or how about a ability called Hex (Whisper in ability list), but instead it inflicts 50% chance of inflicting Paralyze or Death (Blaster), or deals moderate non-elemental damage as well as Paralyze and Sap (Blast/Mind Blast), or 1/3 chance of Paralyze, Silence, or Curse (Slap).

Edit:

How about Vampire/Blood Suck/Bloodfeast? Minor non-elemental damage and drains HP from target. Also inflicts Sap. He is a monster after all.